Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh, he's not wrong generally speaking. 6'0"s fine though, that's about what Bale was right? Wouldn't want much smaller than that though, unless there's something else major going for them like Keaton.
Thank you! I fully agree about 6' being the bare minimum.

Eh don't listen to him. I would love to see Jack Huston get it.

750full-ira-levinson.jpg
This picture is SO Bruce Wayne. But at the same time, wouldn’t the dude be a leading man already if he was meant for it? Nepotism and all that... He’s a good actor but I really think he excels in supporting roles. He’d be a kickass Two-Face. I really like that rumor.

I’m just holding out hope for Gosling. That’d be a dream come true

Never seen Jack Huston in anything so I don't really have an opinion on him...

Still pulling for Oscar Isaac. Think he'd be the freshest choice out of the list of possibilities. Think he'd nail the obsessive/intelligent vibe of Bruce Wayne. He's on the shorter side but he's the same height as Michael Keaton! Point is they can make it work, especially if he puts on a lot of muscle.

I can see the point of shorter Batman if his adversaries get to be massive, so that he can just "Guy Ritchie - Sherlock Holmes" his way out of situations

Last edited:
I feel like more people need to see Boardwalk Empire.. so many talented people came out from it.

You know the whole height thing is moot if Reeves cast people with a similar height to Isaac.

Keaton's not a tall man, yet not once during Batman and Batman Returns did I think, "Batman's really short."

You know the whole height thing is moot if Reeves cast people with a similar height to Isaac.

Keaton's not a tall man, yet not once during Batman and Batman Returns did I think, "Batman's really short."

Seriously. As long as the rest of the cast isn’t 6’7”, it’s not hard to make an actor of average height look tall.

Exactly! It's not like Oscar Isaac is 5'5". He's basically average height. Put some boots with lifts on him and use the right camera angles and no one will know the difference. Heck Tom Cruise's on camera persona is built on this type of trickery.

I really like the idea of Jamie Dornan. And I know people hate Fifty Shades but I wouldn't mind at all if he brought some of that charisma and creepy vibe to the role. Sam Claffin is another choice I like. And no thanks to Issac, O'Connell or Harrington. I really don't want another short Batman.

nrm_1421024073-elle-jamie-dornan.jpg

Exactly! It's not like Oscar Isaac is 5'5". He's basically average height. Put some boots with lifts on him and use the right camera angles and no one will know the difference. Heck Tom Cruise's on camera persona is built on this type of trickery.
5'7 is average height? You learn something new everyday.....

Isaac is listed at 5'9". The average male height is 5'9.5".

Not trying to start a flame war but would you consider 5'9 short or tall?
Well I'm 6'3", so I have a skewed perception.

My point is this. Say they cast Isaac, who's 5'9". Put him in some combat boots and some lifts, he comes in at 6'0". Now suppose Reeves casts other actors in the 5'9"/5'10" range. Use camera tricks when necessary. Suddenly Isaac's not looking so short, is he?

Let me put this another way. Did you perceive Keaton as being short in the role, or do you think Burton did a good job at making him look tall and foreboding with all the usual tricks? I don't see fans still hung up on his height.

This isn't that difficult. Hell Nolan did it with Hardy in TDKR. Had him standing toe to toe with Bale.

We all appreciate the irony of the shortsightedness displayed here, right?

Well I'm 6'3", so I have a skewed perception.

My point is this. Say they cast Isaac, who's 5'9". Put him in some combat boots and some lifts, he comes in at 6'0". Now suppose Reeves casts other actors in the 5'9"/5'10" range. Use camera tricks when necessary. Suddenly Isaac's not looking so short, is he?

Let me put this another way. Did you perceive Keaton as being short in the role, or do you think Burton did a good job at making him look tall and foreboding with all the usual tricks? I don't see fans still hung up on his height.

This isn't that difficult. Hell Nolan did it with Hardy in TDKR. Had him standing toe to toe with Bale.
Hardy looked short to me in TDKR, but hey, thats just me.

Imagining Isaac ever looking as built as Stallone or Hardy. He's bound to stay small.
His cowl's going to be top-heavy, though, if we're going by the Keaton example.

Yeah, while you wouldn't need to use movie magic to anywhere near the extent of "let's make Tom Hardy of all people seem gigantic" to up a Batman actor by 2 or 3 inches, as seen with Hardy it's a little hit-and-miss. Gotta pay really close attention to pull it off in every scene, and clearly they weren't entirely successful with it in TDKR.

Still, that was a pretty extreme case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"