Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the latest from Mario these days? Didn't he say we'd hear something about Hammer in a month's time? Ahem, it's well over a month now. So much for that.

I'm still not on Ethan Peck's side though. Too weird looking in my opinion, but I guess I'd take him over ATJ, Logan Lerman and Dylan O'Brien.

What's the latest from Mario these days? Didn't he say we'd hear something about Hammer in a month's time? Ahem, it's well over a month now. So much for that.

Hoping he'll address it on tomorrow's podcast.

One more.

Ethan-Peck_0x440.jpg

Yeah, he’s a good looking dude. I still have to see more of his acting to really make a fair assessment but if I was just basing this on looks, he’d probably be my favorite. Plus being a relation to Gregory Peck is just cool; Bruce was based on him, wasn’t he?

He's a good looking guy, and I certainly find him more interesting looking than most of the names we've tossed around.

Well, gonna have to ask my girlfriends.

Man,I'm dying for some report of Variety, Deadline, THR or heck, at this point, even some ****ty rumour from some scooper.

What are you on about, guy? lol On a few different occasions, I've seen you comment on the appearance of actors like ATJ and Evan Peters using virtually the same descriptive terms than @Astro13Zombie just did. SMH.

Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 4
The studio is never gonna cast an ugly guy to play Batman, not nowadays, that's why I mention it.

Maybe back in the 90's they had a bit of freedom in that area but definitely not now. Superheroes almost aren't allowed to be ugly nowadays.

Of course, I'm not saying you should cast someone just because he's handsome, but if you can get a good actor that's handsome too, then that's the ideal, and there are plenty of guys like that out there in Hollywood.

The studio is never gonna cast an ugly guy to play Batman, not nowadays, that's why I mention it.

Maybe back in the 90's they had a bit of freedom in that area but definitely not now. Superheroes almost aren't allowed to be ugly nowadays.

Of course, I'm not saying you should cast someone just because he's handsome, but if you can get a good actor that's handsome too, then that's the ideal, and there are plenty of guys like that out there in Hollywood.

Yeah, but you deliberately called Astrozombie out simply for a using a descriptive term that you yourself have used several times before; that's the point. Moreover, you're claiming that you somehow lack the ability to discern whether an actor is goodlooking or not, which is clearly untrue as evidenced by your previous posts. Not only is that blatant hypocrisy, but it's disrespectful. Be better, man.

Yeah, but you deliberately called Astrozombie out simply for a using a descriptive term that you yourself have used several times before; that's the point. Moreover, you're claiming that you somehow lack the ability to discern whether an actor is goodlooking or not, which is clearly untrue as evidenced by your previous posts. Not only is that blatant hypocrisy, but it's disrespectful. Be better, man.
I can notice Evan Peters is handsome mainly because I've heard a lot of girls I know saying he's handsome since the Quicksilver days and with his seasons in AHS. Calm down haha. I've not heard similar comments about Ethan Peck yet mainly because of how unknown he is, that's why I have to ask.

original.jpg

Still, I'm sure he's a longshot even if he is in the conversation to begin with.

1. He's over 30.
2. I'm assuming his involvement with the Star Trek series will be ongoing.
3. He's expressed interest towards the role in the past, which more often than not is a death sentence.

All the same, aesthetically he's one of my favorite choices.

I can still remember back when KC Walsh told me 6 months ago the announcemtn would happen in December 2018 and here we are....

I wonder if actors have even started screentesting yet.

The reports of WB/Reeves meeting dudes to play Batman were all over the place even back in November 2017 with Jake Gyllenhaal and so on, and in Summer/Fall last year there were reports from Charles Murphy (a dude that's more or less endorsed by Justin Kroll as a good scooper) that Jack O'Conell met with Reeves and Affleck but that appareantly went nowhere. Let's not forget the Jack Huston rumours, Noah Centineo...

It begs the question how far are they in this stage of casting.

I can notice Evan Peters is handsome mainly because I've heard a lot of girls I know saying he's handsome since the Quicksilver days and with his seasons in AHS. Calm down haha. I've not heard similar comments about Ethan Peck yet mainly because of how unknown he is, that's why I have to ask.

sure-we-believe-you.jpg

Look up any YouTube video of him, all the top comments compliment his looks and voice. This is a silly topic, his attractiveness won’t be a question here.

im on the side that thinks Peck looks weird af :o

Last edited:
Ethan Peck is good choice… I would pick him over the fan favourite Armie Hammer. But Pattinson is still my first choice as Batman.

Pattinson is talented actor and has starred in many critically acclaimed indie films and he is on his way to the big stage and that might happen with Nolan’s film next year.

robert-pattinson.jpg

I think Pattinson looks a bit weird for the part. I would be OK with Ethan Peck or Armie Hammer.

I'm not even sure that I'm convinced by Peck in terms of acting hability either... Spock isn't exactly a good litmus test for Batman. I get the stereotype that Batman is an emotionless robot however, that's simply not true. Batman is a highly emotional character if only stern and serious, so the fact that his biggest role so far is an emotionless alien that occasionally screams doesn't exactly give me much confidence on his acting

Throwing out every name I can think of. Bear in mind I'm not advocating for all of them.

Under 30

Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Alden Ehrenreich
Alexander Hogh Andersen
Alex Pettyfer
Alexander Ludwig
Ansel Elgort
Bill Skarsgaard
Callum Turner
Chris Mason
Colin Woodell
Dylan O’Brien
Harry Styles
Jack O’Connell
Jack Reynor
Jeremy Irvine
Joe Alwyn
Josh Hutcherson
Logan Lerman
Lucas Hedges
Nicholas Hoult
Noah Centineo
Taron Egerton
Timothee Chalamet
Tom Bateman

Between 30 and 35
Armie Hammer
Christopher Abbott
Ethan Peck
Finn Wittrock
Joe Dempsie
Kit Harington
Miles Teller
Oliver Jackson-Cohen
Richard Madden
Robert Pattinson
Steven Strait
Theo James
Tom Cullen

Last edited:
Everything isn't about looks. Pattinson is a much better actor than both of them
Pattinson might not want to get into superhero shape on a regular basis, say if he just wants to signup for Matt Reeves trilogy, though I think WB would want Batman actor to appear in teamup movies and other movies that have Bat-family such as Batgirl and Nightwing, to say nothing about Suicide Squad 3 or JL 2. Even staying in Batman shape for Matt Reeves trilogy would be quite a challenge.

Since nowadays Pattinson is seen as actor who favors indie (or low budget) movies, I doubt he would be happy to commit to DCEU and sign 5 movie contract (Marvel make their actors sign multi picture contracts) and keep superhero shape for that long.

I dunno, I think he is kind of actor that wouldn't want such pressure. The other thing about him is his unconventional looks, though that's my personal opinion.

Edit: Having said that, I'm keeping an open mind and wouldn't be totally against the idea, should he get the part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"