BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone stop arguing and repeat after me: Jon Hamm.

madmen.jpg

jon_hamm-the_town-9.jpg

golden-globes-jon-hamm-beard.jpg

Screw age, he's the best person I can think of right now. :hrt:

He has to film the last season of Mad Men, has to keep his 1960's ad man body for the Don Draper role and has expressed very little interest in being an action star. Plus he is 42. I would be shocked if he even wanted the role. I don't know his exact schedule or anything but he does have one. It would all depend on that.

I'll never say never but I don't see Gosling wanting to play Batman. Maybe I'm wrong but he rarely expresses interest in mainstream fair.

never thought he would do a steve carrell comedy either lol

but you are correct he only had 3 main steam movies : notebook,gangster squad and crazy stupid love and thats after 15 years of acting

Of all the (mostly terrible wb babyface boys) suggestions, Hamm is the one I like the most. My personal vote goes to Scott Adkins. He's in the right age range, undoubtedly has the skill, has the look. The only issue I've seen anyone have with him is acting ability, but from what I've seen I think he could nail it. Also everyone suggesting Ryan Gosling...seriously? That is the most terrible casting suggestion I have ever seen. Now, he could be a decent Aquaman maybe....but Batman? Come on now!

so casting batman on looks?

sounds very young adult fan casting to me

It's funny I've stomped my feet up and down for the guy from immortals Evans to not be cast. The more I think about it the more it mighT just be crazy enough to work. Here's the thing though while he and cavill had chemistry they were both terrible in that movie. He was.annoying actually, but I give him credit for trying. I am warming up to it though

You don't like Gosling for the role but you think Adkins would do well??? You want to go from Bale to Adkins? Oh boy. I think that Adkins is great for dumb action movies and should stay there.

Actually it's mostly based on Adkins being proficient in a variety of martial arts and having that "intense man of few words" style of acting already down. With the right scripting and a little dedication he could be a better Batman in look AND ACTION than most of these WB show actor suggestions. They all have that too young look. It seems men these days are looking less and less like manly men and more like boys in man cloths. IMO that's why ole Henry makes such a good Supes, he looks like a classic "Man". Moreso than Routh, who has a bad case of the boy look. Looks aren't the end all and be all, but neither is acting. Bale is a tremendous actor, but IMO he wasn't a very good Batman. Bruce Wayne, very good, but when he was in that suit it just didn't look(or sound, need a losenge?) right.

You don't like Gosling for the role but you think Adkins would do well??? You want to go from Bale to Adkins? Oh boy. I think that Adkins is great for dumb action movies and should stay there.

What makes Gosling good to you guys? He doesn't have the look at all, especially the eyes. Sure, he's a good actor...but so are George Clooney and Val Kilmer....and yeah. Maybe a percieved(see:typecast) "dumb action guy" is what we need. Someone who has the action down and can work hard and break out their acting, instead of guys that have the acting but little of the action. The way some of you guys cast we may as well fire Zack Snyder and let WB handle the whole thing and turn it into **** like everything else they touch(unless you are a teen girl, then it rocks!).

It's CW shows and I agree that there are some seriously weird and infuriating suggestions (Tyler-****ing-Hoechlin for instance) being thrown around but Adkins isn't good enough either. Whocares that he knows martial arts? It's a role in a film not a fighting tournament. I think Adkins is good at what he does and he isn't awful or anything but he's not good enough and I have a feeling that he would not be good at hiding that accent. At all. I think he could be a good henchman but that's it.

For the record I'm not oh so in love with Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne either. I think he was pretty good in the first film, okay in the sequel and really, really good in the 3rd. The performance in the 3rd film is the only reason I will be missing him.

I would love for Bale to come back because of that and because I am use to him in the role. Most might not think he can be matched or topped but I do. I don't think Adkins is the man who could do that though.

Jason Bateman as Batman, oh come on you know his name is the same. Lol

Oh, come on, we already know DiCaprio has this in the bag!

**** that. **** that to death.

For months, I have been wracking my brains for who could fill Bale's boots. The names floating around ranged from atrocious to "close but no cigar". Ryan Gosling seemed like the least worst option. But now, it has fallen into place. I am pinning my colours to the mast. Wes Bentley has to play Batman!

Last edited:
a) Playboy womaniser - Front for the public
Playful, mischievous, debonair, arrogant.

b) 'Ordinary' Bruce Wayne - Talking to Vicky Vale for example
Suave, intelligent.

c) 'Batman' Bruce Wayne - Only Alfred sees this side of him
Brooding, sombre, driven, calculating.

d) Batman - The side criminals see
Demonic, terrifying.

Basically you need an actor with the range. Forget physicality as there are trained instructors that can turn a stick insect into a hulk in a few months.
Gosling showed the entire range of what I listed in Drive.

Why isn't he good enough? He's not spectacular sure, but he's been good in recent movies. Assassination Games(actually watching as I type) is one that really makes me think he could. I think a lot of this focus on "amazing actors" is Post-Bale Syndrome. Having really good actors as superheroes doesn't always work. IE: Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, JUGGERNAUT!, Batman(clooney and kilmer), Most of the Fantastic Four....I could go on and on. Sometimes for a badass person of action you need someone with more action chops than acting.

I'm judging on what I've loved from Hamm on Mad Men and the Town alone. He has the right feel for Bruce. I can't help that he makes an appealing look as Batman, that's just another blessing as to why he's my first choice. :oldrazz:

Alan Cumming was excellent as NightCrawler. I'll just say that I'm glad that you are not the casting director because the last thing we need is casting based almost solely on martial arts abilities and looks.

Alan Cumming was excellent as NightCrawler. I'll just say that I'm glad that you are not the casting director because the last thing we need is casting based almost solely on martial arts abilities and looks.
Actually I take that one back. He was great acting wise. Im still sore that he looked like his costume was made from thrown out Ninja Turtles costumes and smurf ****. I will replace him on that list with
2 cat women(halle and anne) and one Robin. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"