The Dark Knight Rises Batman goes international

XCharlieX

Reaction score
Gothan City is great and all but i think after a while Bruce should be travelling to other countries to fight criminals and such. Gotham isnt the only cesspool of corruption. Nolans batman has great potential in this manner. What does everyone else think?

EDIT: to clarify what i mean, villains of batman lore can really be anywhere on Earth but somehow it would tie in with Gotham, leading batman to another country. I think after 2 films the gotham setting would get a bit repetitive and brand new ones are needed.

Maybe later after 5th sequel but not now and Nolan's Batman just started in Gotham and he's not "The Dark Knight" to Gotham.

5th sequel... what kinda enterprise do u think this is ? :D

I dont think its wise to make 5 sequels... maybe 3. After that would need some serious new ideas.

Why not if they make great movies like Batman Begins to carry on?

Cuz movies like Batman begins dont come too often... it fades after a while man.

There are enough story lines that can be added to the franchise to keep it running for years. Characters they can add (Dick Grayson, Babs Gordon, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Talia, Selina Kyle, etc) to keep making Bruce Wayne a full character. As long as the directors and writers stay high quality - and we have a good Batman donning the cowl - you have a winner.

XCharlieX said:
Gothan City is great and all but i think after a while Bruce should be travelling to other countries to fight criminals and such. Gotham isnt the only cesspool of corruption. Nolans batman has great potential in this manner. What does everyone else think?

EDIT: to clarify what i mean, villains of batman lore can really be anywhere on Earth but somehow it would tie in with Gotham, leading batman to another country. I think after 2 films the gotham setting would get a bit repetitive and brand new ones are needed.

Ok, I see where you're going with this but Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, The Punisher call New York home. Batman calls Gotham home, if Rahs were to return than I'd have Batman go international, but till then Gotham is where Batman should stay.

Yea. I think Ras is the only real reason for Batman to leave Gotham...unless Bruce Wayne is on a trip to Metropolis.

StorminNorman said:
Yea. I think Ras is the only real reason for Batman to leave Gotham...unless Bruce Wayne is on a trip to Metropolis.
Yes indeedly do. But Ras' is more than likely dead. So Bats should stay in Gotham.

Well isnt there someone else besides Ras that resides elsehwere... really.. creativity folks... what happened with the comics? heh

Keep the Bat in Gotham! The only way Bats should go international is if the villian has an international base of operations which causes him to leave Gotham. This would have been perfect with Ra's but he was already used in Begins.

XCharlieX said:

Leave the globe trotting to Blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"