Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

And I believe, if nothing good comes out of that long and hopeful battle against evil, then what was the point of it all? There is no point in telling a story of a man persevering through his own problems and the evils of society if it ends no better than what it started. Batman tries and IS an inspiration to all. Bruce ended on a happy note, but Batman continued, as evil will always remain.

I like Bruce being this driven character who will fight to the day he dies...but I like the ending for him in TDKR.

I think people miss the point when it comes to the whole "Bruce can't have a happy/normal life if he's Batman" thing. Being Batman prevents Bruce from having a normal life, but it doesn't neccessarily prevent him from being happy. Who says he's not happy being Batman?

Same days he's happy and some days he's not :)

He cracks a joke with Alfred here and there, he has a smile on his face when he's with a woman...but it doesn't last, which is to be expected.

Yes the show was true to some comics at the time but the tone wasn't the true original depiction of Batman. p>
For those who wish to emphasize Bob Kane, he introduced the boy sidekick in pixie shoes and shaved legs. Kane also named Val Kilmer as his favorite portrayor of the role in Cinescape.

Yes the show was true to some comics at the time but the tone wasn't the true original depiction of Batman. p>
For those who wish to emphasize Bob Kane, he introduced the boy sidekick in pixie shoes and shaved legs. Kane also named Val Kilmer as his favorite portrayor of the role in Cinescape.

What? Well it makes sense considering Keaton, Clooney, and West were the only contenders.

At that point, Kilmer was probably the closest to Bob's vision of Batman.

Well, when it comes to the physical appearance of Bruce Wayne. Kilmer looked the most like Bruce. More than Keaton, West, Clooney.

Keaton was the best actor and he had the darkness that the others didn't have. In my opinion Bale had the look down (in begins) better than Kilmer. AND the darkness. Even though Keatons darkness seemed more crazy. Then again Bale looked pretty crazy in his first appearance in TDKR. The arrow scene and that look he's giving Selina when he starts walking towards her with his cane? Haha he looked like a whackjob.

Well, when it comes to the physical appearance of Bruce Wayne. Kilmer looked the most like Bruce. More than Keaton, West, Clooney.

Keaton was the best actor and he had the darkness that the others didn't have. In my opinion Bale had the look down (in begins) better than Kilmer. AND the darkness. Even though Keatons darkness seemed more crazy. Then again Bale looked pretty crazy in his first appearance in TDKR. The arrow scene and that look he's giving Selina when he starts walking towards her with his cane? Haha he looked like a whackjob.

Yeah, a bit bummish.
christian-bale-bruce-wayne.jpg

Bruce can always been seen with his models and high society types but as a love interest taking up time in order for us to try and believe he'd give the world to her...not so much. Been there done that, imo. Catwoman can be the one he has sparks with.
We've also been there and done that, twice now, with Catwoman. No thanks.

Last edited:
Ironically enough , Selina and Andrea MOTP, are the only two women who you could actually believe he would settle down with, and they're both villians and anti heroes.
Well that is certainly not true, IMO. But I'm also not interested in ever seeing an ending like that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"