• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think you work for WB and are trying to spin crappy numbers to make it look better, it made 80 million+ on Thurs/Fri and barely doubled that on Sat/Sun, that is an issue....

Yeah. I'm not going mad, am I? That's pretty horrible. Especially when compared to similar movies.

The drop off from Friday to Sunday is pretty big.

37% down Fri to Sat. 27% down Sat to Sun.

Compared to:

The Dark Knight Rises: 40% down Fri to Sat. 10% down Sat to Sun.

Ultron: 33% down Fri to Sat. 11% down Sat to Sun.

Steep drop Sat to Sun if estimates are correct. That's the poor WOM kicking in.

The only movie in the top 5 that had a better Sunday hold... Miracles from Heaven at 23.1%. I mean Zootopia, which is a huge hit, fell 40.3%

Starting to think you work for WB and are trying to spin crappy numbers to make it look better, it made 80 million+ on Thurs/Fri and barely doubled that on Sat/Sun, that is an issue....

They're trying to make it more palatable to themselves. This is a movie about the two most iconic superheros in the land. This should be a movie competing for the Top 5 all-time spot at the BO. But it's not. It's a movie that's divisive among the fans. A movie that got ripped to shreds by critics. A movie that has landed the same Cinemscore with the likes of some very BAWFUL cbm's.

The opening weekend is goodwill from the brand recognition. But anyone claiming this is how they drew it up is kidding themselves.

Hell no I hate the Transformers movies. I just meant that people are using the cinemascore and reviews combined to say BvS is guaranteed flop materials even though there is films on that list that go against that.

I want these films to be awesome and I actually think BvS is a great starting point.

As I said in my post that you quoted but didn't seem to read the entire thing, nobody is saying this OW is a flop. People are saying Snyder doesn't know what he's doing and squandered a lot of potential this film had and the GA seems to be lukewarm about this film at best.

The only movie in the top 5 that had a better Sunday hold... Miracles from Heaven at 23.1%. I mean Zootopia, which is a huge hit, fell 40.3%

Fair enough if comparing other films released same week, but I mean in comparison to similar movies like Ultron, Rises, Avengers, TDK etc. etc.

Fair enough if comparing other films released same week, but I mean in comparison to similar movies like Ultron, Rises, Avengers, TDK etc. etc.

They didn't have to deal with Easter Sunday. Furious 7 did and fell -28.9%.

boxofficemojo has the WW opening at 424 million right now.

Yeah, not getting to a billion lol.

‘Batman v Superman’ Opens to Massive $424.1 Million Globally http://bit.ly/1RupFcu

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has racked up the fourth biggest global opening in history, earning a massive $424.1 million after debuting in almost every major foreign country over the weekend.

The superhero matchup racked up $254 million overseas from 66 markets, including China, where it grossed $57.3 million, the best ever debut for a Warner Bros. release.

No matter if you liked or hated the film, $170 is a GREAT opening..

The drop next week will be massive, however. This won't have the WOM like, say, The Avengers. Audiences like it more than critics, but it is still divisive.

How many days in advance of the release date does the embargo usually get lifted? Do they keep it close to the release date to keep spoilers from getting out or is it because of the bad reviews?

I didn't know if you could tell if the studio was confident in a film or not based off of the embargo date...

TFA made $119 mil by Friday and $247 mil in the opening weekend, a 2.07x multiple. BvS made $82 mil by Friday and $170 mil in the opening weekend, a 2.07x multiple. Where are the weak legs?

Second weekend tells the entire story, ladies and germs.

But honestly, does any of it really matter? The fact is the movie is sitting at 29% on RT and that's a sign to WB that this isn't a solid vision Snyder is giving us.

Yeah. Just seen the $424 mil. That's huge. The WOM and drop off would have to be stratospheric for this not to clear a high enough bar for Snyder to keep his job... and that's coming from someone who disliked the movie.

You cannot compare 3rd or 4th weekend drops to opening weekend drops....

Wow, HUGE ww opening for this. Very promising if it wants to get to the 1b

So 1 bil is still possible?

Not with a -65+% drop next weekend.

IMO it's going to track like SM3 did and finish around 920-940 million. The WB marketing team saved this thing from a serious implosion.

Second weekend tells the entire story, ladies and germs.

But honestly, does any of it really matter? The fact is the movie is sitting at 29% on RT and that's a sign to WB that this isn't a solid vision Snyder is giving us.

I'm pretty sure WB doesn't give a damn about Rotten Tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"