BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Even that sounds optimistic at this stage.

If it only makes that, then it will be more than dud this time.

If it only makes that, then it will be more than dud this time.
What would the excuses then?

"Ummm, it was telling a smaller, more intimate story about the threatened planet Earth. You are just a Disney Shill!!!!".

XLDY6C0.png

Who the bloody hell thought this would seriously challenge Star Wars? Delusions run rampart in the DC community. **** me, I'm starting to hate being associated with DC now.

I'd love to see who ever made that back in the day show up here now.

But if you already had Cap versus Iron Man, would The Avengers be as big an event?

No, it wouldn't. The big thing with The Avengers was to see these characters, that the GA now knew about, together for the first time. It's of course not the sole reason for the success, but it's what made it unique.

JL is definitely more like AoU now, where they add some unknown characters to support the ones everyone already know that have already been in a movie together. It won't have any more BO draw due to characters coming together than BvS did, it will just have to rely on being received better in order to perform better.

I'd love to see who ever made that back in the day show up here now.

I used to remember a poster here whom i've been discussing with and calling me a troll for saying the movie will not reach a billion dollars, mainly because DC has not proven that they can except if the director is Nolan.

But I must admit that when we got the BVS first weekend sales, I thought he was gonna be right.

I still wanted to say that BVS is prolly one of or if not, the most hyped movie of all. Just check the number of posts here on this forum. It's a very large number compared to other forums on this site.

WB clearly expected this film to make at least make over a billion, so in that sense it's clearly underperforming. It's WB's equivalent to TASM2, albeit even worse overall.

I honestly don't know how they're going to market JL, not with Snyder still around and the novelty aspect now being greatly diluted. JL's box office numbers will be interesting to see.

I don't know...as bad a taste BVS left in mouths, people have very short term memories.

Just one of those Snyder epic trailers and the Internet will explode with DC IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!

I used to remember a poster here whom i've been discussing with and calling me a troll for saying the movie will not reach a billion dollars, mainly because DC has not proven that they can except if the director is Nolan.

But I must admit that when we got the BVS first weekend sales, I thought he was gonna be right.

You were labeled a troll if you expressed any skepticism towards this movie back in the day. As bad as this movie is most thought it was a shoe in for a billion. I mean it's Batman and Superman in a movie. That should be instant recipe for a billion.

Batman can make a billion on his own. Transformers can. A movie about Minions can. The latter two got hammered by the critics like BvS, but still made the money.

We have to remember, if the fist week taught us anything it's that people still care about Batman and Superman which is the best thing outta BvS.

People don't hate the film bc it's not their Batman or Superman. They hate it because the characterizations are terrible like Spidey in TASM series.

You were labeled a troll if you expressed any skepticism towards this movie back in the day. As bad as this movie is most thought it was a shoe in for a billion. I mean it's Batman and Superman in a movie. That should be instant recipe for a billion.

Batman can make a billion on his own. Transformers can. A movie about Minions can. The latter two got hammered by the critics like BvS, but still made the money.

It's funny how much the skepticism thread bothered certain people.

Now for JL, every thread will be a skepticism thread.

I don't know...as bad a taste BVS left in mouths, people have very short term memories.

Just one of those Snyder epic trailers and the Internet will explode with DC IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!

Yeah, but after BvS, JL is gonna face a lot more scrutiny on social media (pre-release). They need a good movie.

If JL is a stinker, it's gonna drop like crazy.

Eh, I don't know about it this time. JL is just a year away. I think it's bound to make less than BvS (unless it's a better film, but that's unlikely with Snyder at the helm).

As far as the SHH forums go, it doesn't seem anyone who was disappointed with BvS is looking forward to JL. The same was true of MoS, until WB got even more detractors with their BvS announcements. They're losing fans on here with each film.

That's not going to work next time around.

how sad is it that BVS wont even beat deadpool domestically lol

worldwide it has

but then again most americans think america is the only country on the planet
#murica

BvS - China Box office = $741m. Deadpool without China = $759m.

Deadpool only loses to BvS due to not being released in China.

The "Snyder epic trailer" effect can only work so many times before people stop falling for it. It wasn't anywhere near as effective the second time around as it was with MoS; it probably will be even less effective next time.

BvS would be the equivalent of CvI Cap Vs Iron Man with a big cameo for Thor. JL is the equivalent of Avengers. I never expected BvS to do Avengers numbers but over $1B should definitely have happened. And if it had been a success Avengers numbers might have been possible for JL (not now obviously).

:up:

I think just like The Matrix 2 & 3, the audience will not be fooled the third time.

Damn I had to look up that reference.
No idea that Revolutions grossed even less than the first Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1