Batman v Superman - Reviews Thread [TAG SPOILERS] - Part 3

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, May 8, 2016.

1. Luke234

Luke234 Well-Known Member

Is he jealous? Yeah, I think probably so. He's a crazy dude. RDJ is his friend so he's not gonna want to insult him but I bet he's jealous of anyone's success. He's an sngry, petty, racist, crazy dude. He can make good movies though.

2. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I support Mel because I felt his Passion film was wrongly lambasted. With that said....yeah he is crazy but I will never jump on the bandwagon of mocking him. His opinion of BvS is wrong , but I am happy he is having a resurgence in his career.

3. Luke234

Luke234 Well-Known Member

Not like I know Mel Gibson. I definitely dislike the guy and yeah, I do hope he fails in his career. I admit it.
    I really hate racism and he's just overboard. I think his passion movie was just 2 hrs of a beatdown , which you can see in other movies. This character isn't the only person ever tortured. He makes like he suffered more than anyone in history. Sadly, not true.( if he existed)
    It doesn't bother me he thought BVS was crap. I loved it but there's no fighting vs the masses.

4. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

Just watched the UC again.
    Still a rubbish film.

5. Sleiek

Sleiek Well-Known Member

My condolences.

6. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

Why thank you :D
    Only things/scenes I really enjoyed were the warehouse fight and Wonder Woman.

As a comic book movie and Superman fan I watch it every 3 - 4 months in the hope it 'clicks' ;)

7. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

I keep hoping the force awakens will click with me, saw it recently and I still hate it. So I understand what your going through, hopefully JL clicks, like I hope Last Jedi clicks.

8. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Unfortunately, if it hasn't clicked yet I doubt it will. Maybe try again after JL?

Personally I like the UC a lot.

9. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Most definitely. The UC is like a band aid on a gangrene infected wound.

10. Sleiek

Sleiek Well-Known Member

Agreed. People always have a set of expectations and tastes. Some of them have a tolerance level and some of them don't. For the folks in the latter group, if something doesn't click once, it won't click ever.

11. IcedOver

IcedOver Well-Known Member

I went to this in the theater and didn't much like it, but decided to get the Blu-ray for the Ultimate Edition, which I may watch tomorrow. I watched the 3D version at home today on Blu-ray 3D, and it had a ton of "cross talk" and ghosting, whatever you call it. It was only the second Blu-ray 3D I've watched, the first being Man of Steel (which I like). I didn't find any of that ghosting in MoS, so I wonder what the deal was with this. Did anybody else have this issue?

12. Easter Lily

Easter Lily Well-Known Member

Finally caught this on Netflix. While not as terrible as I was led to believe, I really didn't care for this iteration of Batman which left a sour taste in my mouth. It's not a criticism of Affleck who did his best with the material he was given but this Batman was wildly reckless in highly unconvincing fashion. My perspective on this as I let the material sink in was that someone had a story they wanted to tell or a message they wanted to convey so they contorted Batman and Superman into marionettes for their soap box.

Some of the problems I had with Man of Steel were exacerbated in this film because the showrunners included another superhero or two in it. At least in MoS, it was to all intents and purposes a consistent superhero film from beginning to end even if it lacked emotional punch. Even though I'm all for filmmakers respecting the intelligence of their audience and giving them space to fill in the gaps, there still needs to be a strong connective tissue holding the film together.

Superman was okay but not really a striking presence in a movie that bears his name. This Lex Luthor comes across more like The Riddler but really the whole giggly shtick did wear thin towards the end. I liked Alfred as played by the great Jeremy Irons and would have been happy to see more of him in it.

It was, at the end of the day, expensive, self-indulgent fanfiction. There was potentially at least 2 good stories that could have been told from the material given here if either were given the chance to develop.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  13. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

This isn’t on Netflix?

Anyway I did rewatch it for the first time since it came out. I had forgotten how all over the place this was. The editing is a mess. You have a 1 minute scene, then jumps to another plot thread for a minute, then another plot thread, then back to the first, then again.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  14. KindaichiShota

KindaichiShota Well-Known Member

It was ok but could be more more more better....