BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
these guys claim to have seen the original Goyer script for a Batman/Superman movie:
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3875069

Doesn't sound that bad but I'm not surprised that it was changed, it just doesn't seem to fit Snyder. Its pretty traditional while Snyder is in love with 'deconstructing' superheroes, even if his Watchmen seems to show that he doesn't seem to really understand what that means.

Mjölnir;33505651 said:
There's always been criticism toward that Batman has killed on screen. With Nolan it wasn't that the character didn't care about not killing since he had the rule, but the movies followed through on it kind of poorly in execution.

Nolan isn't a comics fan though, and his movies are more like a standalone and isolated interpretation. I certainly understand that some people wanted a Batman that was more like what most see as the core of the comics version now that the DCEU is starting and Batman is in a much more "comic booky" environment.

Your last straw man is utterly ridiculous btw. It's sad that some people can't discuss these things in a sensible and respectful manner.

He didn't show no disrespect, he was merely joking, and it was funny by the way.

"Life is killing"

Where's that "She fights for peace" gif?

Mjölnir;33505651 said:
There's always been criticism toward that Batman has killed on screen. With Nolan it wasn't that the character didn't care about not killing since he had the rule, but the movies followed through on it kind of poorly in execution.

Nolan isn't a comics fan though, and his movies are more like a standalone and isolated interpretation. I certainly understand that some people wanted a Batman that was more like what most see as the core of the comics version now that the DCEU is starting and Batman is in a much more "comic booky" environment.

Your last straw man is utterly ridiculous btw. It's sad that some people can't discuss these things in a sensible and respectful manner.

My Clooney line was only a joke, was just trying to lighten things up a bit :cool:

My Clooney line was only a joke, was just trying to lighten things up a bit :cool:

how dare you make a joke? Where do you think you are? Don't you know Warner/Dc has a no joke rule? :woot:

Last edited:
That Goyer outline certainly sounds better than the final mess that was BvS. Now the execution of it still may have stunk, but the plot sounds much better and streamlined.

It almost sounds like it could have been a vague sequel to the Nolan films with Lucius Fox being killed and a Bruce Wayne who is thought to have been dead several years. It still had shades of TDKR imo.

Ultimately, WB wanted a film that launched the JLA, a new Batman, and they wanted to revive two abandoned script ideas of Batman fighting Superman and Superman lives.

That Goyer outline certainly sounds better than the final mess that was BvS. Now the execution of it still may have stunk, but the plot sounds much better and streamlined.

It almost sounds like it could have been a vague sequel to the Nolan films with Lucius Fox being killed and a Bruce Wayne who is thought to have been dead several years. It still had shades of TDKR imo.

Ultimately, WB wanted a film that launched the JLA, a new Batman, and they wanted to revive two abandoned script ideas of Batman fighting Superman and Superman lives.

This is exactly the film we got sadly. It's like they wanted to recycle all those rejected scripts for the many failed attempts to bring back the characters.

"Life is killing"

Where's that "She fights for peace" gif?

"Life is killing all the time and so the goddess kills herself in the sacrifice of her own animal" is the whole quote.

And it fits the character and her mythology perfectly.

It happens. Go back and read Favreau's comments on Iron Man 2. How he wished he had the same autonomy over his Iron Man films that Nolan did with his Batman films but instead Marvel was more focused on creating the MCU. And while some would argue IM2 was a weak film it certainly worked in the grand scope of things.

it's something when people can spend a month obsessing over a film they didn't like.

Nothing wrong with that. People care about these characters.

And that's awesome...I just wish more folks would care about DC characters that are not Batman or Superman.

Although DC/WB is partly to blame for that ;) (depending on the target audience that is).

This is exactly the film we got sadly. It's like they wanted to recycle all those rejected scripts for the many failed attempts to bring back the characters.

I guess given all the time and money spent on alot of those abandoned ideas, mostly from the 90s and early 00's, they couldn't ever really get them out of their system , and the film became a vessel to due so in some ways.

Hopefully now that they've finally done them and seen how they go over like a led balloon , they'll move on creatively .

I liked BvS ok enough, but, just liking it ''ok enough'' is not acceptable to me.

I was looking forward to BvS like I was the hobbit ( through the roof excitement ).

I now look forward to JL with the same enthusiasm as I did for the 2nd hobbit film, which the 1st film caused to take a nosedive.

I really couldn't care less now if they make it or not. short of changing directors, which isn't gonna happen, I doubt I will care very much about following it half as much as I did BvS or even MoS because it WILL be more of the same.

How's the saying go, fool me once, shame on you.
fool me twice, shame on me.

Last edited:
Wow, the Goyer script is.. better?

His outline is. I like it except for the terrorists using the battle suits. In fact, my mind is probably playing tricks on me, but I remember this from the early rumors for the film.

Still love the movie despite the unwarranted hate.

I have a feeling that come mid-summer, as the R-rated cut closes in for its release, the strong aversions will have eased up a bit. Including in these boards. We'll see...

A director's cut won't fix the film's major errors.

Like Superman's death being completely useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"