The Dark Knight Batman's Competition in 2008

hunter rider said:
While in some cases that may be true,trying to launch a character like Iron Man who is unknown outside the comic world without some star power leaves you with a small hit not a movie that beats BB2

Marvel don't care if the beat BB2 or not. They just want to make a profit. If Favreau makes a good movie, that will get asses in seat. That's all that matters. Not if Brad Pitt or some other A-list star stars.

Nice wordplay, eh ?:o

COME ON ! said:
Marvel don't care if the beat BB2 or not. They just want to make a profit. If Favreau makes a good movie, that will get asses in seat. That's all that matters. Not if Brad Pitt or some other A-list star stars.

Nice wordplay, eh ?:o

Good movies can go unnoticed but this thread was about competition at the BO that's why i said that i don't think it will be competition for BB but it could still be a hit..........................

Spectacular
icon4.gif

I'm sure Iron-Man will be a hit and be good with Favreau directing, it just won't touch BB2 financially, especially now with BB being very well received, doing well on DVD, and knowing that The Joker is coming.........

I agree that Iron Man could make Fantastic Four money or more if executed right.

Why isn't Indy sposed to get old?

ps good to see you back in the sequel forum

Thanks, good to be back bro.

Well, in the last Indy film.....THE LAST CRUSADE....Indy and his dad drank from the cup of Jesus, they found the fountain of youth. So, he and his dad should be immortal, never aging beyond their age.

I agree that Iron Man could make Fantastic Four money or more if executed right.

Yeah.

I don't even think it needs a big name star as Tony, either. If it's got good names surrounding an unknown....it could work, with enough hype and nice marketing.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Thanks, good to be back bro.

Well, in the last Indy film.....THE LAST CRUSADE....Indy and his dad drank from the cup of Jesus, they found the fountain of youth. So, he and his dad should be immortal, never aging beyond their age.
Is that how it works? I thought you had to keep drinking from it periodically in order to stay youthful.

I'd say we've got a few options:
1) Don't care.

2) Set Indy 4 in the year 3000. That way, he's aged some, but only a little.

3) Well, I guess there's always the good old X3 digital makeup technique.

Well, from what I know of the Legend of the Fountain....one drink from the blood of Jesus and you'll be immortal. One sip, far as I know.

Ronny Shade said:
Is that how it works? I thought you had to keep drinking from it periodically in order to stay youthful.

Actually, I thought that the power of immortality was lost if you left the "temple".

Rynan said:
Actually, I thought that the power of immortality was lost if you left the "temple".

yes, to remain immortal you musnt cross "the great seal", when they left the temple at least Dr Jones Sr escaped with his life.

As I think, Iron Man will make only $150-200m.

Iron Man will be good movie, but I doubt it will be next Spider-man, more similar to FF.

But if IJ4 is released in May, then there will be some kind of competition.

I dont know what to think about IJ4. If it is good, it will make $230-250m. But if it is bad movie, it will get only $130-150m.

But I think we should wait for Rocky 6 to forecast IJ4.

As what can I say about BB2? I am pretty sure it will make about $235-255m domesticly and $180-200m in overseas.

I see BB2 for BB being something like X2 was for X1.

Advanced Dark said:
Indiana Jones 4 and Iron Man are gonna be pretty solid competition for Batman. Indy will own the Summer if it comes out on time, and if they keep the dark mature tone for Batman (as they should) it'll limit it's box office to similar levels of the first film perhaps 25% higher which would be great. Iron Man is the new kid on the movie block. However "The Incredible Hulk" is expected to have a director annoucement real soon. That could be real interesting. Stay tuned...

Call me overconfident but I don't think Iron man and hulk will be competition for Batman. Iron man has little popularity with the general public. As far as hulk goes, the public was pissed off with the first film's deceiving marketing and I think the bad tasts is still in people's mouths. IJ4 will be the movie that kicks a** that summer.

Hmmmm.....so immoratality is gone once you leave the temple.

That blows.

But, it did save his dad.

DA Harvey Dent said:
Call me overconfident but I don't think Iron man and hulk will be competition for Batman. Iron man has little popularity with the general public. As far as hulk goes, the public was pissed off with the first film's deceiving marketing and I think the bad tasts is still in people's mouths. IJ4 will be the movie that kicks a** that summer.

I don't think you are overconfident. BB had really good legs. It's opening weekend was 23.7 % of it's total box office take. Spider-Man 2 = 23.6%.

People loved BB and BB2 will do even better.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Hmmmm.....so immoratality is gone once you leave the temple.

That blows.

But, it did save his dad.

Eh, who wants to live forever?

Besides, it's a scientific fact that Sean Connery only gets younger as the years go by, so it doesn't matter to him.:)

Well, I can see BB2 making $60-65m opening weekend and more than $230m domesticly.

It would be pretty good. I am sure it will make more than BB, because BB2 is a sequel of successful movie.

Worldwide? I think BB2 will make about $415-435m, what is enough.

Cinemaman said:
Well, I can see BB2 making $60-65m opening weekend and more than $230m domesticly.

It would be pretty good. I am sure it will make more than BB, because BB2 is a sequel of successful movie.

Worldwide? I think BB2 will make about $415-435m, what is enough.

I can see that too. I'm hoping for 500 mill worldwide, although that is pretty unlikely.

COME ON ! said:
I can see that too. I'm hoping for 500 mill worldwide, although that is pretty unlikely.

Well, yes, $500m is doubtful.

I think BB2 will make more than Batman'89 domesticly, but less in overseas.

Anyway, I hope it will do well :up:

Cinemaman said:
Well, yes, $500m is doubtful.

I think BB2 will make more than Batman'89 domesticly, but less in overseas.

Anyway, I hope it will do well :up:

Yes, the most important thing is that it does well. Well enough do secure BB3, hopefully directed by Nolan. Warner Bros. have two really talented directors in charge of their two big superhero franchises now:up:

COME ON ! said:
Yes, the most important thing is that it does well. Well enough do secure BB3, hopefully directed by Nolan. Warner Bros. have two really talented directors in charge of their two big superhero franchises now:up:

I have no worries about box office numbers of BB2 and why?

1. Because it is a sequel of successful movie
2. More fans
3. WOM

There are enough reasons why it will do well.

Just look at Spidey movies. 2nd made less than 1st, and why? Because 1st was overrated.

And now look at X-Men movies. 2nd made a lot better than 1st, because 1st wasn't so overrated.

BB wasn't overrated, if you dont agree with me, look at it's numbers, not so high, but still good.

So BB2 will make even more than 1st movie.

:batman: :up:

Cinemaman said:
I have no worries about box office numbers of BB2 and why?

1. Because it is a sequel of successful movie
2. More fans
3. WOM

There are enough reasons why it will do well.

Just look at Spidey movies. 2nd made less than 1st, and why? Because 1st was overrated.

And now look at X-Men movies. 2nd made a lot better than 1st, because 1st wasn't so overrated.

BB wasn't overrated, if you dont agree with me, look at it's numbers, not so high, but still good.

So BB2 will make even more than 1st movie.

:batman: :up:

I loved Batman Begins. And yes, I am very confident that BB2 will make more than BB.

Btw, what does WOM mean ?:O

COME ON ! said:
I loved Batman Begins. And yes, I am very confident that BB2 will make more than BB.

Btw, what does WOM mean ?:O

Word of Mouth :)

Even if I am more Superman fan, I still love BB and respect Batman as American icon.

I have feeling that both Iron man and IJ4 will be released in May, one in the beginning and 2nd at the end.

So they will have more competition between each other than with BB2, which will be released only on 18th-20th June.

But I will admit that BB2 will have also serious competitor at the beginning of July.

I doubt this competitor will hurt BB2, it depends on what is this competitor.

But as I said, BB2 has enough reasons to make high numbers :up:

...and yes BB2 should make more money than BB because there was a bad taste in peoples mouth's from the last batman films from the 90's. People didn't know what to expect and thought it would just be the same crap. World of mouth spread that Batman was very good after a couple of weeks but it was too late to have a big impact on the box office because all the new releases coming out were cutting into it's theaters. I think BB2 will have a much bigger opening week but drop off faster and yes still make more than BB2. 250 million is my highest estimate though.

Cinemaman said:
Word of Mouth :)

Even if I am more Superman fan, I still love BB and respect Batman as American icon.

I have feeling that both Iron man and IJ4 will be released in May, one in the beginning and 2nd at the end.

So they will have more competition between each other than with BB2, which will be released only on 18th-20th June.

But I will admit that BB2 will have also serious competitor at the beginning of July.

I doubt this competitor will hurt BB2, it depends on what is this competitor.

But as I said, BB2 has enough reasons to make high numbers :up:

D'oh ! I should have known:o

Yeah, it seems the first one had excellent WOM:up:

A lot of people will be pumped up about BB2. I'm not so sure IJ4 will come out in 2008, but whatever the competition BB2 will do well.

Batman's sequel WILL make more money.

Why?

People now KNOW what they're getting....and they ****ing LOVE IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"