The Dark Knight Batman's Competition in 2008

I was right, Iron Man will be released in May, and as I think, in the beginning of May.

Marvel want it to get Spidey's numbers, that is why they are going to release it on May 2nd.

Katsuro said:
Well, we dont officially know when BB2 is coming out. I mean, best guess is Summer 2008, but who knows. Batman Begins was released in May, it's entirely possible the sequel could also.

I thought BB was released on June 15th :confused:

I expect BB2 to also be released on June 18th or 20th.

Cinemaman said:
I was right, Iron Man will be released in May, and as I think, in the beginning of May.

Marvel want it to get Spidey's numbers, that is why they are going to release it on May 2nd.

I agree,that seems to be the strategy

Cinemaman said:
I thought BB was released on June 15th :confused:

I expect BB2 to also be released on June 18th or 20th.

Correct

Interesting enough, Indy 4 was originally mentioned in competition threads a couple years ago for Batman Begins. Goes to show you how much that film has been delayed

batman has no competition he is in a league of his own. Better to say movies that are opening in the same week is better :D

I wonder who's gonna grab Memorial Day? If Iron Man snags it that would be a big statement as far as confidence. Die Hard 4? Remember Indy is at Paramount so they won't bump heads probably Indy will be July 4th.

Advanced Dark said:
I wonder who's gonna grab Memorial Day? If Iron Man snags it that would be a big statement as far as confidence. Die Hard 4? Remember Indy is at Paramount so they won't bump heads probably Indy will be July 4th.

As I think, Iron Man will be released on May 2nd, it is special Marvel strategy, which worked with Spidey and X2.

Die Hard 4? I think it will come only in August.

But I have feeling Indy 4 will get Memorial Day.

Indy should grab July 4th weekend. Nobody will even touch it and it'll break box office records. They won't put it too close to Iron Man both Distributed by Paramount.

None of the movies listed will succeed Batman in ANYWAY!!!! Escp witht he Joker this round i say TKO to the other summer movies when this one comes out

^ You're dillusional if you think Batman sequel will perform better at the box office than Indiana Jones. As far as box office power Batman is not in the same league. Neither is X-Men. The only franchises that are similar are Star Wars, LOTR, Spiderman, and maybe POTC. We'll see about POTC.

Advanced Dark said:
^ You're dillusional if you think Batman sequel will perform better at the box office than Indiana Jones. As far as box office power Batman is not in the same league. Neither is X-Men. The only franchises that are similar are Star Wars, LOTR, Spiderman, and maybe POTC. We'll see about POTC.

I expect more sureprises from SR, it should make Superman franchise more successful.

Advanced Dark said:

B89 beat Indy and the Last Crusade domestically

Advanced Dark said:
Indy should grab July 4th weekend. Nobody will even touch it and it'll break box office records. They won't put it too close to Iron Man both Distributed by Paramount.

You are right. Sorry, I forgot about Indy being Paramount's franchise.

I think we should wait for new movie, which probably will get Memorial Day.

I liked BB, but come on guys! It's sequel has almost no chance of being number one of the Summer of 08.

I liked BB, but come on guys! It's sequel has almost no chance of being number one of the Summer of 08.

I SEE SPIDEY said:

We will see about THAT! :up:

Just for the record, I won't boycott Indy 4 just so BB2 can get better numbers by comparison.

I SEE SPIDEY said:

Why? X1 had low numbers and X2 made normal box office.

I dont think BB2 will be the most grossing movie, but I am sure it will make more than $230m.

I think Madagascar 2 will be released on May 23th and Kung-Fu Panda will get Memorial Day.

Ronny Shade said:
Kung Fu Panda? WTF?
One of these Madagascar type films. It's got Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan and Jack Black in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"