BvS Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Well let's just hope that Ayer and future directors of Batman stick with the sort of fight choreography and energy Snyder has brought to BvS. It will be a shame if Ayer or another director drops the ball and we have to return to the sort of fight choreography we got in the previous Batman films.

Is that respond for me, cause I don't really get it. My point was that you said one could not see what is going on in the Batfleck fight while defending a scene ... of a movie trilogy where you could often barely watch the fight scenes because of shaky cam and quick cuts.

first of all it wasn't to you.
Second it wasn't my thought but an argument I've often encountered when it comes to camera work and cinematography of action. People seem to think the clearer something is the better. I don't agree. And I'd use that comparison to make the point. Even though you can obviously see what is going on in the more kinetic footage, it's not as 'clear'.

As for the shaky cam stuff in begins...yea I'm talking about the scene above, not so much the begins and what they were trying to achieve there.

Well let's just hope that Ayer and future directors of Batman stick with the sort of fight choreography and energy Snyder has brought to BvS. It will be a shame if Ayer or another director drops the ball and we have to return to the sort of fight choreography we got in the previous Batman films.
Hard to say

Seems the key players in terms of actual fight choreo aren't actually working on both films, and Damon Caro isn't on SS the way he is with the rest of the dceu it seems.
However snyder is producer so he's bound to technically have the movie he wants made, and more to the point SS has some really talented stunt cords. I'm seeing alot of mad max leads.

But perhaps the key element is Richard Cetrone, he doubles for Affleck in BvS as he did the Comedian in Watchmen(see opening fight), He's doing the stunt fighting for bats in SS it seems(not so much the car ones). I think there is bound to be some carry over.
Cetrone himself is a fight choreographer and is most known to me by his lead work on that show Banshee. Not only is it dope as all hell but, I suspect he himself brings alot of choreo to the table.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's a similar thing as Cap from TWS to AOU, where the same fighting style is adopted by different directors.

I'm still in shock that we have a Batman who fights like Batman! I remember posting in this very thread two years ago that Batman needs to be super maxed and fight like how he does in the Arkham games and cartoons now that he's living in a world with gods and metahumans. And boy did Zack deliver the goods. :woot:

Can someone post the gif where they turn the trailer fight into an Arkham fear takedown? Please?

Can someone post the gif where they turn the trailer fight into an Arkham fear takedown? Please?

DmvVe75.gif

VcZHWkr.gif

Hard to say

Seems the key players in terms of actual fight choreo aren't actually working on both films, and Damon Caro isn't on SS the way he is with the rest of the dceu it seems.
However snyder is producer so he's bound to technically have the movie he wants made, and more to the point SS has some really talented stunt cords. I'm seeing alot of mad max leads.

But perhaps the key element is Richard Cetrone, he doubles for Affleck in BvS as he did the Comedian in Watchmen(see opening fight), He's doing the stunt fighting for bats in SS it seems(not so much the car ones). I think there is bound to be some carry over.
Cetrone himself is a fight choreographer and is most known to me by his lead work on that show Banshee. Not only is it dope as all hell but, I suspect he himself brings alot of choreo to the table.

That's all very reassuring.

Indeed. The benchmark has now been set.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree as well. Keaton's Batman essentially threw punches and kicks from an almost stationary position.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what you could be referring to. It's been a minute since I've seen the Keaton Batman films but I don't know what parallels you are be drawing between his depiction and what we've seen of Affleck. Affleck moves like a butterfly and strikes like a tank.

I didn't draw a parallel between Affleck and Keaton's Batman.

I made a comment based on a specific fight action from a specific clip from the ARKHAM games.

Here's the 1989 sequence in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8-r146b7g

Watch 1:10 or so.

As for the rest of you, I didn't say Batman's fighting was as good as that version of the character. I said it's something very similar.

B'89 was embarrassing because he got beat up by a black joker thug and cheated to win the fight. Also killed the guy.

Funny how it was easier to get away with this stuff back in the day compared to now everybody is whining about everything.

After he was in a little thing called a plane crash.

He is barely able to stay on his feet at first, and is clearly not at his best in that encounter. He's hurt.

Context matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"