BvS Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree as well. Keaton's Batman essentially threw punches and kicks from an almost stationary position.
He does a batroll in '89 in the battle against some goon in the cathedral. But it's still much inferior to what Batman does in Arkham games and in BvS.

The guy he throws appears to be leaping at him. He uses the man's momentum to continue to move him in that direction, up and forward, in what appears to be a judo-like move. And it's more like 10 feet, not 20.

Is it entirely physically possible? I don't know for certain, but the tactics are sound, and I don't think it's that hard to suspend disbelief on. He's clearly meant to be seen as very strong and very skilled in several disciplines.

Seagalfleck :hehe:

1373370930_tumblr_mhcqfuHFhF1qfnf9jo1_400.gif

B'89 was embarrassing because he got beat up by a black joker thug and cheated to win the fight. Also killed the guy.

Funny how it was easier to get away with this stuff back in the day compared to now everybody is whining about everything.

B'89 was embarrassing because he got beat up by a black joker thug and cheated to win the fight. Also killed the guy.

Funny how it was easier to get away with this stuff back in the day compared to now everybody is whining about everything.

Cheated? You mean dressing up like a bat to scare criminals so you can beat them up while they pee their pants is fair play?

Interesting that 'cheating' to win is a negative now *cough kryptonite cough* :D

Interesting that 'cheating' to win is a negative now *cough kryptonite cough* :D

Kryptonite allows both men to fight on equal footing since the Earth's sun and atmosphere gives Superman an obviously unfair advantage over humans. I'd only consider it cheating if Superman were rendered entirely powerless, that is, weaker than a human being.

Batman's superior training gives him an unfair advantage in such a situation :o

Batman is and will always be a combat pragmatist. As long as the bad guy is alive at the end "everything is fair". The whole point of prep time that has become synonymous with Batman over the years boils down to "how can I give myself the advantage in the upcoming fight?"

Why is that even important?

Batman's superior training gives him an unfair advantage in such a situation :o

Well, Supes' training "on a farm" was enough to overcome Zod, a being who was bio-engineered and raised to be a warrior on Krypton. So, he's no slouch in that department.

I know that no one who watched that trailer missed the fact that Batman's fighting style is way better than this:

a10f8a2b229d650e9418ca921ee11481.gif

and, to think that Zack Snyder had to ask Christopher Nolan for permission to do this:

BatmanFighting.gif

^ but at least in the former you can actually see what's going on.
a nickle for all that's wrong with that statement and how many times I've had to hear it.

I remember there was a person that argued that all nolan fight scene bashes wanted was cape fluttering spinning round house kicks.

Anyways I can't wait for this batman to meat joker.
I can't wait for this batman to get into a legit hand to hand fight with another trained fighter.

You can see what's going on in the Batfleck fight scene though. Clear as day.

^ but at least in the former you can actually see what's going on.
Pfft, as if you can't see what's going on in the Batfleck clip. Also you might remember all the shaky cam fights in the TDKT.

You can see what's going on in the Batfleck fight scene though. Clear as day.

Yeah. Also, that scene is longer in the film, but was cut for the trailer, resulting in faster jumps from one shot to other.

I love the Burton films, but are we really pretending the fight scenes were special?

of course you can see, shaky cam at this budget is rarely so intense as to actually be too hard to see(it's unfeasible). The argument is that because lack of it is 'easier' thus it's better.
Disregarding all that is gained from the kinetic camera.

Is that respond for me, cause I don't really get it. My point was that you said one could not see what is going on in the Batfleck fight while defending a scene ... of a movie trilogy where you could often barely watch the fight scenes because of shaky cam and quick cuts.

Would love to see this Batman fight WS Cap.

I'm just happy that the two respective "greatest hand to hand combatants" of each universe finally truly look it on screen thanks to the directors handling each character. The Russos with Cap and now Snyder with Batman in this film. When it comes to TWS/CW and BVS when it comes to Bats and Cap, I think the Joker from TDK sums it up best: "You've changed things... There's no going back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"