BvS Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

The difference between Captain America and Batman is that Batman is Master of various fighting techniques (Martial Arts), whereas Captain America is just trained solider with Super strength (I'm talking about the movie version of Captain America here).

So, Batman's fighting may well look like super-human feat sometimes.

I don't feel in the Captain America we see in the movies is just simply a 'trained soldier with super strength', he did go hand to hand with Batroc who's an expert in hand to hand combat & come out best... BUT having said all that I do understand where you are coming from so I understand your point.

I like the fight by itself, but in the context of it being Batman I think it's way over the top. He's throwing guys 20ft through the air, puching them so hard they're violently faceplanting from standing position. It makes it look like either Bats has superstrength or they're fighting in low gravity.

The guy he threw looked like he was diving and has momentum but I guess it is a bit much

This.
tumblr_mmwlepTjZ91raz5bfo1_400.gif

Finally we have this

The guy he throws appears to be leaping at him. He uses the man's momentum to continue to move him in that direction, up and forward, in what appears to be a judo-like move. And it's more like 10 feet, not 20.

Is it entirely physically possible? I don't know for certain, but the tactics are sound, and I don't think it's that hard to suspend disbelief on. He's clearly meant to be seen as very strong and very skilled in several disciplines.

Yeah but now we can feel it, its impact is great.

Man... I'm greedy AF cuz... I SO want to see a DeathStroke vs. BatFleck fight now.

Man... I'm greedy AF cuz... I SO want to see a DeathStroke vs. BatFleck fight now.

I was thinking the same. As they surely won't reuse Bane, it's pretty much the only Batman villain whose physical prowess could equal Batman's, resulting in a great fight scene.

Batman's fighting style made my jaw hit the floor. I still say that's the best looking superhero costume we've ever seen and watching it in action was a thing to behold. He is without a doubt what I'm most looking forward to.

Batman fighting as he should. In was extremely pleased with that opening scene of him laying waste to the things. Goddamn.:hmr:

I was thinking the same. As they surely won't reuse Bane, it's pretty much the only Batman villain whose physical prowess could equal Batman's, resulting in a great fight scene.
Lady Shiva has bested Batman...

giphy.gif

could someone take this and after he punches him, have a caption flying onto the screen batman 60's style, but instead of " pow ! " or " bang ! " etc. have it say " **** YOU ! " ? you could PM it to me since obviously the language is a no-no on here last i checked..

I'd actually be down for bane ending up on the suicide squad.

Lady Shiva has bested Batman...

Yeah, I remembered her after I made the post.

I'd actually be down for bane ending up on the suicide squad.

Yeah, me too. Outside of "Knightfall" storyline used by Nolan, there's not much to the character for him to be used as a main villain again, but him being in SS is a nice way to bring him back. I doubt that'll happen though.

Ironically, we had something very similar as far back as 1989's BATMAN.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what you could be referring to. It's been a minute since I've seen the Keaton Batman films but I don't know what parallels you are be drawing between his depiction and what we've seen of Affleck. Affleck moves like a butterfly and strikes like a tank.

Last edited:
That moment when Keaton fights the guy with the butterfly swords is cool and all but... Yeah, sorry, there's no comparison.

Batman needs a brutal fighting style because his whole persona is fear, and there's nothing more frightening in a fight then you feel like you about to line up against Tyson in his prime with kill rage oozing from him. That's how he has to come across in fights with a good amount of fight technique behind him.

batman looks scarey enough for people to get refunds on their flight tickets to gotham from turkish airlines.

That moment when Keaton fights the guy with the butterfly swords is cool and all but... Yeah, sorry, there's no comparison.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree as well. Keaton's Batman essentially threw punches and kicks from an almost stationary position.

If i had to compare that opening scene in the trailer to anything i would say the animated movie Batman Assault on Arkham opening scene would come to mind. We haven't seen this sought of choreography fighting in any of the batman movies. I cant wait to see that full scene! :)

Actually if they're both without prep time, Slade could probably **** him up.:sly:

But yes, that'd be a pretty dope fight visually.

Last edited:
Indeed. Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny. ;) My first instructor was a PFS guy that also was affiliated with Larry Hartsell. I then started my own journey with the DB approach. It's not for everyone but I loved it.

Yeah, even in Southeast Asia, few Kali groups go as all out as DB. (Mostly for reasons of insurance and medical liability.)

re Batfleck's fighting showcase in the trailer: Other than displaying his martial arts prowess, it shows off Batman as a physical beast and someone beyond your average human combatant. A more comicbook-faithful Batman is meant to possess olympic-levels of strength allied to olympic-levels of agility. So you can imagine the crazy torque action applied with his level of technique.

I can only imagine what a prime Batfleck would be like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"