Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Eliesen/status/832766266402222081

"4 different reporters now that it is still very possible for Matt Reeves to direct The Batman. All saying CAA trying to gain leverage."

Said it in the batman forum (what a panic/"I told you so muhahah" attitude in there), part of the negotiation process, confirmed by Kroll at least, no terms like "part ways due to creative difference" or "so and so has rejected the offer," and the reports stated the door's not closed.

If Reeves leaves, he leaves, but right now is a private negotiation drama gone public, if Reeves' agent's not dealing with a stronger company he'd have been kicked out of the negotiation table for leaking this thing, it's not the most noble way to negotiate. This is like watching House of Card DC edition.

However if they leak it for more creative control, I'm all for it.

Even Jett who's fuming earlier today calmed down and is hopeful, and he's on the negative side for some fans.

We'll wait and see, just enjoy the JL toys today guys.

Even Umberto(I know) is saying this is negotiation 101, and normal. This can still happen and probably will. I am in a wait and see mode though.

This is how it looks,

CAA leaks the details
Fans go WTF WB you suck!!!
WB brings more $$$ to CAA
Reeves signs

Instead of
CAA leaks the details
Fans go Reeve/CAA you greedy SOB
WB tells CAA to get on their bike
CAA returns to the table

Because WB is in a vulnerable position in the press right now regarding DCEU, and it can't just get Kroll to write another article about how much $$$ Reeves want, they have to suck it up right now.
And the initial response from the fan community all over indicates it's working, for now.
The tone is changing the last few hours, that's why WB will now wait for a few days and renegotiate.

I don't know how it'd end, I only caught the news like 5 hours late, and looking back at the initial reactions, oh man oh man. All the skeptics jumped right onto the CAA wagon right away shouting "DCEU's F***ed!!!" instead of wait and analyze new information.

The funniest one is when WB says "The studio is intent on making the movie no matter what, as the Batman franchise has proven to be bigger than one person."
That's most likely WB secretly pulling the finger at CAA. But some spin it as "see this is how WB treat you, go burn them"
Imagine WB says "We will put the franchise on hold until everything's set" and I bet my house a bunch of posters'd say "see, this is what they are doing to you, they have no plans! Burn them!"

Last edited:
WAS RUINING THE DCEU PART OF YOUR PLAN?!?

Warner Bros: Of Course!

f05280c47fd6a0f683adfcc35995e1f5.jpg

It seems pretty spurious to dismiss reports about the DCEU, unpleasant though they may be, considering the last thing everybody dismissed came true.

It's what some DCEU fanboys love to do around here. They pretend that every single bad report couldn't possibly be true. Then, they try and shrug off the bad reports that do become true. Then they get upset when the term "burying your head in the sand" gets thrown at them.

I haven't seen anyone here do that, but please, do keep thinking that we have that mindset.

Apparently, you don't know the meaning of "some", but please, do keeping posting useless responses.

And apparently you didn't pay attention when I wrote "I haven't seen anyone here do that".

Not to say that none of us wouldn't sometimes try to remain optimistic and dismiss the claims, sure, but we're not Jaxon.

And apparently you didn't pay attention when I wrote "I haven't seen anyone here do that".

Not to say that none of us wouldn't sometimes try to remain optimistic and dismiss the claims, sure, but we're not Jaxon.

Son, you are talking to a Batman fan who admitted to licking a Tim Burton 89 poster to protest Batman Begins. That kind of fandom is best to be placed on ignore, like I did.

You can't trust batman fans who wear toupees.

Son, you are talking to a Batman fan who admitted to licking a Tim Burton 89 poster to protest Batman Begins. That kind of fandom is best to be placed on ignore, like I did.

You can't trust batman fans who wear toupees.

Wait, what? ...

rdlol.gif

Actually I did. Which is why it was a useless response. This is not the only thread discussing these rumors.

So he did or did not lick the Batman 89 poster?

And more importantly, what did it taste like?

But even more importantly, what does Tim Burton taste like?

Sometimes it's better to just have a good smoke. Not that there's anything wrong with licking Batman '89 posters.

033519786107070b18f9c7abd651eaf8.gif

So how about that Ben Affleck playing Batman?

The rumours of Affleck wanting out of the role are worrisome, but not surprising at this point. I'm sympathetic to a degree, because he probably never thought that BvS and SS would receive such critical hate or fan derision, and now someone who slowly rebuilt his career in Hollywood after debacles such as Daredevil is seeing history repeat itself.

At the same time, this is what he signed on for. Playing the world's most popular superhero in an interconnected cinematic universe was always going to be a lot of work. I really hope he sticks with it, because Affleck is my favourite live-action Bruce Wayne/Batman. But if he leaves, that will be the final nail in the coffin of the DCEU.

The fact that this is even a possibility just sucks. As a major DC Comics fan, it pains me to see just how short of the mark the DCEU has fallen at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"