• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Dk_LKmf_KUw_AA58mv.jpg

When justice calls...:o

I don't want to go on another young Batman rant type thing, but if he is not playing batman, I would go with Luke Evans for the remainder older Batman type. Eh.

He looks about 13, and reminds me of Billy Zane.

Ha. I still cannot believe how they cut BvS to pieces, like Ben's clout cut to threads....

So technically, Ben is gonna work for Disney now, lol.

I don't blame him. I'd say the biggest problem for WB from the DCEU Affleck situation is actually losing him as a director. He's done all his films for them save for Gone Baby Gone.

f4c.jpg

Look. I want Ben back for at least one more time, but if anyone actually has any faith in a digitally de-aged Ben in a prequel, they're setting themselves up for heartache.

Last edited:
One of the funniest reaches I’ve seen was on Reddit; guy started crunching numbers (which were clearly pulled out of their ass) and started calculating true cost per minute of the amount of work needed to do a feature length de-aging process. It was cringe at its finest.

One of the funniest reaches I’ve seen was on Reddit; guy started crunching numbers (which were clearly pulled out of their ass) and started calculating true cost per minute of the amount of work needed to do a feature length de-aging process. It was cringe at its finest.

Thank you, deep fakes.

After the horror of Superman’s mustache removal, I’m SHOCKED that anyone would want something like that.

Affleck was fine in BvS but he’s not worth all that :funny:

Look, I'm not saying I want a de-aged Affleck via cg. Rather they just cast someone younger, because the de-aging stuff is kinda uncanny valley for me. But it's not the same thing as the mustache removal. We're talking about a scenario where this was tacked on to some already expensive and time sensitive reshoots vs. something that would've been part of the filmmaking process from the beginning.

I've not doubt that it could be done and would not be the nightmare fuel that was Mustachegate, but yeah I'm still gonna pass on the idea if it were up to me. If Reeves were like "Nah dummy, I'm Matt Reeves I can do anything." then I'd probably shut up and give it a shot. Someone once mentioned that Reeves deserves our faith and I believe they were right.

Look, I'm not saying I want a de-aged Affleck via cg. Rather they just cast someone younger, because the de-aging stuff is kinda uncanny valley for me. But it's not the same thing as the mustache removal. We're talking about a scenario where this was tacked on to some already expensive and time sensitive reshoots vs. something that would've been part of the filmmaking process from the beginning.

I've not doubt that it could be done and would not be the nightmare fuel that was Mustachegate, but yeah I'm still gonna pass on the idea if it were up to me. If Reeves were like "Nah dummy, I'm Matt Reeves I can do anything." then I'd probably shut up and give it a shot. Someone once mentioned that Reeves deserves our faith and I believe they were right.

I think they could make Affleck look early 30s easily without CG. He looked pretty young in the accountant. Make up and hair makes a world of difference, as JL reshoots taught us.

I think they could make Affleck look early 30s easily without CG. He looked pretty young in the accountant. Make up and hair makes a world of difference, as JL reshoots taught us.
Dude has aged like 8 years in half that time. There’s no way I can buy any makeup could convincingly make him look early 30s.

What are people complaining about?. That's incredible de aging. Whoever did that is awesome. Looks like Armageddon Ben. I see no problem with that at all. You people are so nitpicky lol

What are people complaining about?. That's incredible de aging. Whoever did that is awesome. Looks like Armageddon Ben. I see no problem with that at all. You people are so nitpicky lol

Agreed. I don’t get the complaints at all. Looks better than Douglas in Antman.

Agreed. I don’t get the complaints at all. Looks better than Douglas in Antman.
Blow it up for theater projection-appropriate clarity and let's see it in motion. If these renders match or outdo the stuff seen recently with MCU's attempts, then I have a bridge to sell you.

That college kid said it himself.
Even then he's already done most of the work on an absurd fraction of the time spent. He and the deep fakes guy should patent their tech/services.
That's not even HD resolution and not to mention, heavily compressed. My point still stands this would not hold up on cinema screens.

No Hollywood studio has even attempted to utilize this tech for more than a few minutes in totality. We're supposed to believe some kids on their off-time can outdo the work of professionals? That's some heavy naivete.

That's not even HD resolution and not to mention, heavily compressed. My point still stands this would not hold up on cinema screens.

No Hollywood studio has even attempted to utilize this tech for more than a few minutes in totality. We're supposed to believe some kids on their off-time can outdo the work of professionals? That's some heavy naivete.
Why else would I post that tweet?

(Of course it's not gonna look perfect to some, I don't work at WB and don't have the right tech to make it crisp. lol)

No, we're supposed to believe these amateurs are convincingly doing enough as is and the professionals would need to touch up OR implement the amateurs' tech/labor so they don't spend nearly as much time & money.

Last edited:

I wasn't making fun of the quality of the image. I was saying it's incredibly unlikely that they're going to employ such a technique for an entire film rather than the obvious and simpler job of just casting a new actor.

Why else would I post that tweet?

No, we're supposed to believe these amateurs are convincingly doing enough as is and the professionals would need to touch up OR implement the amateurs' tech/labor so they don't waste as much time & money.
And I stress it's naive to think either of those routes are as simple or feasible as you've described.

And I stress it's naive to think either of those routes are as simple or feasible as you've described.

That's the nature of CGI and general tech advancement. People keep finding ways to make what they used to do quicker and easier.

I think I heard/read that he's doing it frame-by-frame, which is basically animation.

Makeup, wig and Ben's physicality...With proper adjustments he could easily look mid 30s.

Yeah, that looks incredible, but will prove costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"