• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

What are people complaining about?. That's incredible de aging. Whoever did that is awesome. Looks like Armageddon Ben. I see no problem with that at all. You people are so nitpicky lol

I think people are worried you'd get this again vs that

justice-league-superman-henry-cavill.jpg

Yeah, that looks incredible, but will prove costly.

This is what I was getting at when I said it's really unlikely. Specifically: one of the main reasons Walter Hamada was hired was to get the DC movies' budgets under control after they'd gotten to absurd levels (Man of Steel cost 225 million, Batman v. Superman cost 300 million though came down to around 260 million thanks to product placement partners chipping in, and of course we all know what happened with Justice League). There is no world where I see him being thrilled about paying for Ben to be digitally de-aged for an entire movie when the far thriftier and saner solution is to just hire a younger actor like Reeves reportedly wanted in the first place.

Another reason why casting Affleck to basically play Miller-Bats was short-sighted.

Another reason why casting Affleck to basically play Miller-Bats was short-sighted.

I think what many are missing, or forgetting, is that he was aged UP in BvS and JL.

He's playing Bruce almost 10 years older than Affleck is IRL.

So, they aren't de-aging BvS Bruce, they'd be de-aging a nearly 10 years younger Ben, which can be accomplished largely with make-up.

So, there are options available that are much less costly than de-aging Sam Jackson for ALL of Captain Marvel. Minimizing, potentially even eliminating, the necessity of post-production de-aging.

Also, we don't even know for certain how far back the film will be, if AT ALL. Nothing has been confirmed.

I mean, that was Zack's intention. He wanted a self contained story with his version of the Batman/Superman/etc.

Last edited:
I still think they should have asked him to do a direct adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns and then let another filmmaker tackle the next Superman film.

Yup, I wouldn’t have minded him doing a full on TDKReturns film and then being done with it after that, even if he misinterprets a lot of what comes from miller’s work.

Coulda had Brolin as old man Bruce with that stache at the beginning in his race car. Would’ve been grand.

Yup, I wouldn’t have minded him doing a full on TDKReturns film and then being done with it after that, even if he misinterprets a lot of what comes from miller’s work.

Coulda had Brolin as old man Bruce with that stache at the beginning in his race car. Would’ve been grand.

Well tbh he probably could have cast Affleck in that and I bet that would have suited Ben more. Not sure who they’d have cast as an older Superman though. Although Snyder knows how to cast mostly.

I think people are worried you'd get this again vs that

justice-league-superman-henry-cavill.jpg

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves with the 'stache thing. Whedon started the reshoots in June for a mid-November release. It was a 4 month rush job, and in some places it works fine. As much backlash as this gets, if they'd worked on it 3-4 months more nobody would've noticed. CGI is powerful stuff nowadays with enough time. De-aging with a normal post-production schedule wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm more concerned by the rookie Batman thing than any of this, to be honest...

I have no interest in a direct adaptation of any comic. I don't want to see something I've already read, I want films to be new stories.

No it looks like someone used the airbrush tool in Photoshop.

Still better acting and emotion than Natalie Portman or even Scarjo in some of them scenes in the mcu. lol

The more I think about it, the more bummed I am that we never got a full on Zack Snyder Dark Knight Returns film. Sure it would have probably gotten a 14% rotten tomatoes score and people would compare it to Jonah Hex and Sin City 2 or whichever movie Frank Miller directed, but it would probably hold a special place in my heart.

Oh, The Spirit

still can’t believe anyone let ol Franky direct a major motion picture, Lordy lord

Oh, The Spirit

still can’t believe anyone let ol Franky direct a major motion picture, Lordy lord

Is that a case of not reflecting the source whatsoever? At first glance, looks like it should have been a Dick Tracy sort of thing.
The movie was still a very slick and stylish romp with just enough pulp, cheese, and ham baked in.

I remember being pissed i'd paid to see it. I wonder if the lead ever got another big movie role again, but don't want to check. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"