Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Someone said it's a disease. IMO it's probably a mental health issue as well.

It's both. Brain chemistry changes via addiction (dopamine gets all messed up in the brain). Research also shows there is a genetic component, though there is not enough to say one way or the other and there is a study called ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences) with ten categories, and the more categories one can check off based on their history, the greater the correlation to addiction. So there is potential genetic aspects and learned aspects.

Nobody chooses to become an addict. Most people drink at least some alcohol, yet some become alcoholics. It's not like there is a day where someone says, "Today I think I will become an addict." The analogy that I like is that of a lobster put into cool water in a pot. The lobster has no reason to get out. If the chef slowly turns up the heat, by the time the lobster realizes it's in trouble, it's too late.

There's a saying in AA rooms: "One is too many and a thousand is not enough." That basically means that even when one [insert drug of choice] is taken, your brain switches gears and the addiction literally takes over. And at that point, you can't get enough into your system. There's also a high correlation with addiction and other mental health issues: depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar d/o, etc. I've seen it take enough lives and I've seen really good, kind people become a completely different person after relapsing. Very Jekyll and Hyde. It's a very insidious illness.

Whatever the reason for his addiction, I wish him the best and hope he is able to overcome his demons.

I still maintain that these tabloids are the ****ing worst, absolute scum. This is a private matter, and should be dealt with privately. This is not NEWS.

However, I wish all the best of luck to Ben. Hope he gets his life in order again. A superhero role is not the priority now.

Best wishes to him and his family. Jen seems like a good egg.

Glad to see he's been receptive to treatment thus far, and also that he has someone like Jen in his corner.

Thank god for Jennifer Garner. I knew that splitting from her was the worst mistake Ben would make. Hope he gets better fast because it's starting to get scary. I'm very sensitive when it comes to alcohol issues and I hope Ben finally pulls through.

It's both. Brain chemistry changes via addiction (dopamine gets all messed up in the brain). Research also shows there is a genetic component, though there is not enough to say one way or the other and there is a study called ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences) with ten categories, and the more categories one can check off based on their history, the greater the correlation to addiction. So there is potential genetic aspects and learned aspects.

Nobody chooses to become an addict. Most people drink at least some alcohol, yet some become alcoholics. It's not like there is a day where someone says, "Today I think I will become an addict." The analogy that I like is that of a lobster put into cool water in a pot. The lobster has no reason to get out. If the chef slowly turns up the heat, by the time the lobster realizes it's in trouble, it's too late.

There's a saying in AA rooms: "One is too many and a thousand is not enough." That basically means that even when one [insert drug of choice] is taken, your brain switches gears and the addiction literally takes over. And at that point, you can't get enough into your system. There's also a high correlation with addiction and other mental health issues: depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar d/o, etc. I've seen it take enough lives and I've seen really good, kind people become a completely different person after relapsing. Very Jekyll and Hyde. It's a very insidious illness.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis.

Reminds me of the Parkinson's, where the meds will cause your brain system to shrink/become more dependent or something.

Addiction is a mother-you know what, hope he can find his peace/happy place

Jen Garner is the mvp

Yeah, he's lucky to have someone like Jennifer in his life. Alot of mothers/ex-wives would use this as leverage with a family judge. Yet here she is, smacking some sense into him and getting him to rehab.

A 20 something year old model that loves to drink isn't right for him with his addiction problems.

Is it wrong for me to hope they get back together?

Of course it's not wrong, but it's very unlikely to happen since Jen actually has a brain in her head. She still spent 10 years married to him and he is the father of her kids, so it makes sense that she wants to help him get back on his feet.

Is it wrong for me to hope they get back together?

Yeah I have this very irresponsible friend who dated this very level-headed girl. She was good for him. Too good for him. They broke up.

I still want them to get back together. It would be whats best for him, but he doesnt get it. Oh well.

Probably just me but does it feel wrong that Bruce is offering Diana an alcoholic drink when we know Affleck has an alcohol addiction?

piHyTub.jpg

ONYz6jj.jpg

it was a small part of his character arc throughout BvS and JL

don't see a problem with that really

I thought Bruce's substance abuse was part of his downfall in BvS. I had expected in JL he would have been above that.

Diana always refuses drinks in the DCEU. First in Lex's party, then in the museum, then in WW, then in the Snyder cut where Arthur offers her...its a small detail, but I like it.

So ofcourse Joss had to go ahead and ruin that. Perfect :)

I thought Bruce's substance abuse was part of his downfall in BvS. I had expected in JL he would have been above that.

Diana always refuses drinks in the DCEU. First in Lex's party, then in the museum, then in WW, then in the Snyder cut where Arthur offers her...its a small detail, but I like it.

Yup. There's even a dialogue where Alfred says -

"I hope the next generation of Waynes won't inherit an empty wine cellar"

That's a cool detail I hadn't noticed :ilv:

The garbage media waste no time with ''Whiskey drinking model' smh.

The chick did ads for a whiskey brand a while back, and then did an interview for them that got published about her favorite drinks etc. These are Batfleck's demons alone, don't go blaming this chick.

I'm glad Ben is getting help and I'm glad Jen pushed for that, but it's weird to me how some of you guys make a lot declarations about the nature of Ben's relationships. Like who is and isn't good for him.

Iunno, I don't know the guy. I don't know what it's like to date a model that did whiskey ads or to be married to Jennifer Garner. I'm not gonna claim to know what relationships were mistakes and all that. Just seems odd to me.

I also find it odd to read some folks claim he is for sure done with Batman now. Yeah, that was a given long time ago, it makes no difference. He could be stone cold sober and he still wouldn't be playing Batman.

I also find it odd to read some folks claim he is for sure done with Batman now. Yeah, that was a given long time ago, it makes no difference. He could be stone cold sober and he still wouldn't be playing Batman.

anything to get them precious clicks, my g

In the other thread I was just talking about how I didn't get all the clickbait "journalists" claiming The Batman is now in trouble because of this when it seemed pretty clear The Batman will be starring someone else for quite a while now.

I'm actually surprised at this last page of conversation. Pleasantly surprised. Rather than the usual hatred and kicking a man when he's down, there is seemingly genuine worry for Ben as a person. I'm glad this has been bringing a healthy kind of conversation about a man that is struggling, rather than bashing him.

Probably just me but does it feel wrong that Bruce is offering Diana an alcoholic drink when we know Affleck has an alcohol addiction?

piHyTub.jpg

ONYz6jj.jpg

It's just you...

Unfortunately the Snyder cut appeared to have Bruce on a suicide mission and at a low point in his life, guilt etc and wanted to redeem himself. He had a different set of demons.

The reshoots blurred that idea.

Plus, it's acting at the end of the day and if ben can tap into his own demons, as painful as it is.. thats how artists get their results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"