Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

I still can’t believe Josh Hartnett passed on Batman Begins

How you gonna say no to the bat

I still can’t believe Josh Hartnett passed on Batman Begins

How you gonna say no to the bat

Eh, I can't blame him. Tis' was really before the big boom of cbms. He did kinda shade Nolan later tho, even hinting about Nolan not giving him other parts cause he passed. Not the first actor to do so by the way.

Eh, I can't blame him. Tis' was really before the big boom of cbms. He did kinda shade Nolan later tho, even hinting about Nolan not giving him other parts cause he passed. Not the first actor to do so by the way.
Is that considered bad? If I was in Nolan's spot, I'd do the exact same. You can't reject me when I'm just an up-and-comer, and years later come running to my door when the spotlight finally hits. Get outta here. lol

Hartnett passed on playing Superman over several incarnations of the project, sort of agreed to be Superman and then it didn't happen for Wolfgang Petersen's Batman VS Superman project, and probably passed on a lot of other stuff over the years.

Is that considered bad? If I was in Nolan's spot, I'd do the exact same. You can't reject me when I'm just an up-and-comer, and years later come running to my door when the spotlight finally hits. Get outta here. lol

Nah, I wouldn't call it bad, but bald nolan has this clean cut image but the man still got an ego and all that. lol

Allegedly, Hartnett couldn't even get a read for the prestige after that. He also kinda stopped working with Joe Pantoliano after he rejected a minor role in BB. Joe wanted to at least be taken into account for Gordon.

Nah, I wouldn't call it bad, but bald nolan has this clean cut image but the man still got an ego and all that. lol

Allegedly, Hartnett couldn't even get a read for the prestige after that. He also kinda stopped working with Joe Pantoliano after he rejected a minor role in BB. Joe wanted to at least be taken into account for Gordon.
Found the clip for Joe:

He turned down Flass. Never knew that.

And in my search for that, I also found out Pacino faced the same silence from Nolan, for also turning something down. Falcone, maybe? I think Chris considered Batman Begins his first (and perhaps only) shot at breaking through Hollywood. And when his previous collaborators gave him a no, he felt a way about it. I can actually understand that. Had BB failed, his career may have been over.

Vindictive Nolan is the best Nolan! Heh. See, my fictional version of the man ain't that far off. I also don't expect Marion Cotillard to work with him again after her husband made them comments. lol

Now I wonder why he hasn't worked with Carrie Ann Moss. She gave the strongest female performance from any so far in his movies.

When Affleck starts doing press for his next few films, someone needs to make a Gladfleck meme out of it

Like dub in that Louis Armstrong song, or raindrops keep falling on my head

898ED790-86E8-490D-B4F9-976D2575E823.jpeg

I think Chris considered Batman Begins his first (and perhaps only) shot at breaking through Hollywood. And when his previous collaborators gave him a no, he felt a way about it. I can actually understand that. Had BB failed, his career may have been over.
And of course the flipside is that he rewards those who do help him. Getting Michael Caine to play Alfred was a huge coup - and I think Caine's been involved with every Nolan film since!

Vindictive Nolan is the best Nolan! Heh. See, my fictional version of the man ain't that far off. I also don't expect Marion Cotillard to work with him again after her husband made them comments. lol

Now I wonder why he hasn't worked with Carrie Ann Moss. She gave the strongest female performance from any so far in his movies.

Carrie-Anne would've made a great older Selina opposite Ben's Batman. As far as Nolan-helmed female performances goes, though, Rebecca Hall in The Prestige deserves a mention as well. Her inner turmoil in that movie was nothing if not palpable.

Didn't Anthony Hopkins turn him down for Alfred as well, saying he wouldn't want to do ''comic book flicks''?

Must sting just a little bit.

There are actual Snyderholics online who believe bloggers and reviewers giving intentional bad reviews to BVS have pushed Ben out. You can’t make up those idiots delusions at all :facepalm:

I still hope to see Hartnett in a superhero flick one day. Penny Dreadful sold me on that.

He was the best choice for Superman in the 2000s. Ratner wanted to cast him for Flyby and he almost signed on but was put off when Ratner told him the trilogy would take around ten years of his life. He was the studios choice aswell but after he turned it down Ratner and WB couldn’t agree on who to cast. He wanted Matt Bomer but the studio wanted Brendan Fraser. The rest is history.

He said he was worried if he did a superhero movie it’d ruin his career because of typecasting. Seeing Christian Bale’s post-Batman work must sting. A lot.

That's ironic when you look at Hartnett's
career since then.

But I understand why he said that. A lot of actors has done a big role in a franchise and then almost disappeared.
Radcliffe, Wood, Maguire, Fraser, LaBeouf and Christensen. The cast from Seinfeld and Friends haven't had much success either.

Reactions: MbJ
But I understand why he said that. A lot of actors has done a big role in a franchise and then almost disappeared.
Radcliffe, Wood, Maguire, Fraser, LaBeouf and Christensen. The cast from Seinfeld and Friends haven't had much success either.
All those actors are set for life, and in some of those cases, a few generations worth of their family's lifetimes. By no means a bad outcome.

The cast from Seinfeld and Friends haven't had much success either.

The four principals of Seinfeld walked away from that show, having turned down a tenth season, with so much money, it didn't matter if they dropped off the face of the planet. Jerry's worth an obscene amount of dough. He's still a fairy visible guy, and Michael Richards has definitely had the least amount of post-Seinfeld success.

That said, Julia's had two shows after that, one being a prime time sitcom that lasted four years, and then Veep, which is now in its seventh season and has enjoyed a good bit of acclaim.

All those actors are set for life, and in some of those cases, a few generations worth of their family's lifetimes. By no means a bad outcome.

I know, I don't feel sorry for them, but after reading some quotes from Hartnett he seems more interested in having a good career rather than making money.

Yeah money is great and all, but some folks also still wanna act. I don’t fault Hartnett for making the call he did. It was a genuine thing to fear at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"