Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Thread Manager, Apr 3, 2018.

1. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I didn't have a problem with Batfleck in this, but I can understand if some just thought he was sort of there because he pretty much was honestly. I still loved his interactions with Jeremy Irons Alfred though and I was more than thankful that a certain scene that I really hated from the Whedon version was cut out, but any coolness that his version of Batman had was pretty much left behind in BvS, but I can live with it at this point.

2. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

BatFleck did seem a little off in the scene with Martian Manhunter at the end, but I thought he did well for the most part. Definitely a bit more laid back than the aggressive brute we got in BvS

But man, LOVED the Knightmare scene and interaction he had with Joker

TheIronist and Superherofan123 like this.
  3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I felt Batman was better represented in this than the theatrical release. Which was more of a course correction having Wonder Woman take the lead. This one Batman actually leads and is very prominent in the climax battle. Not just some cheap sonar trick.

4. Superherofan123 Registered

Yes he was great in the final battle. I loved how they all really played an integral part in the climax.

craigaat, Joefixit and GREEN =w= DAY like this.
  5. BattleAngel Registered

Man this movie was garbage but WOW did Affleck crush it in the end of the film - somehow he’s looking more like Bruce Wayne than ever. He seems like he’s in better shape now than principal filming. I do hope we get him in a Flash movie.

#2380 BattleAngel, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    SwordOfMorning likes this.
  6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It's a bit weird to go from such a dark and broody Batman in BvS and then a more hopefuly Batman in JL. They act as if he and Clark had this GREAT friendship. Mention of Martha totally gave him a personality shift.

He was at the start of his alcoholism during the initial filming of JL and fully by the reshoots so it makes sense.

FatRobin likes this.
  7. BattleAngel Registered

Oh totally. The irony for me personally is that I joined this forum while recovering from alcoholism in 2013, and photoshopping pictures of Affleck when he was announced helped keep me sane during the initial period. I’m so glad Affleck is taking care of himself and got to revisit a role he was great for. Shame about the material he had to work with!

Primal Slayer and heatvision38 like this.
  8. heatvision38 Man of Steel

Good garbage or bad garbage?

9. Joefixit Registered

So true! I could finally understand what was going on in the final battle and what they were trying to accomplish and why the heck they were out there. That final battle was definitely better and I felt Affleck turned in a solid performance in this.

TheIronist and heatvision38 like this.
  10. BattleAngel Registered

It feels somewhere between like a 4 hour long cut scene from a late-90s era CD-ROM PC game and a cool, well produced piece of fan fiction. It’s better in quality than “Batman - Dying is East” but not by much... To me, it’s a really good piece of advertising for The Batman. I’m so ready to hit the reset button.

SwordOfMorning likes this.
  11. CocoReturns Registered

I really liked that they let Batfleck's voice kind of bleed in a little more. He's seemed to have lost a Midwestern accent, so I consider him a better Wayne in BvS.

TheIronist and idiot09 like this.
  12. Erik20 Registered

I thought Batman was way better here in the Snyder cut. In Whedon's version he could barely even handle just one parademon, which made you kind of question why he was there. Now he could actually fight back. But I do have to say that I feel like I still don't really know this Batman. Maybe we needed some flashback scenes from his earlier years.

TheIronist likes this.
  13. TheVileOne Registered

IMHO that wasn't the start of his alcoholism. If anything, it was a relapse. Affleck has had issues with alcoholism and substance abuse going back dudes. Once you become an alcoholic, you never stop being an alcoholic or an addict.

14. Hero 1 Registered

15. Manny Moo Registered

Thought Affleck was great in ZSJL. I do not really see the difficulty in him going from the dark, angry and lost Batman in BVS to this more hopeful and more traditional type of Batman. That was the point. I personally don't think they were at all trying to act like Bats and Supes were best pals, I mean by the end they got closer cos Bruce had saved the Kent farm, helped resurrect Supes, formed the league etc, but throughout the movie Batman is feeling a lot of guilt for his actions in BVS and feels responsible not only in some way for the death of Superman but also I suppose for the vulnerability of earth to attack now that he is gone. His actions and attitude are driven from being humbled and the realisation that he was wrong about the guy and the consequences of it. Ultimately, Superman saved Bruce from his darkest impulses. He begins to look up to Superman and what he stands for, because he has seen how close he came himself (during BVS) to turning into the thing he has always fought against, because of fear, hate, mistrust. Without wishing to cause anyone or their opinions offence, I think its so easy to rip on the Martha line, but there is more going on here than that.

16. craigaat World's Greatest Spy

Manny Moo likes this.
  17. Rapunzel Hands on Cav-El fan

Curious what scene you were glad was cut out. I personally was glad the whole Batman being a jerk to WW scene was gone.

18. Rapunzel Hands on Cav-El fan

Fav SC non-action moment:
    Batman pulling out the 25 grand in cash when AM had him up against the wall. His super power really is that he's rich. That was much better than "I hear you can talk to fish."

boocherhix, Reel-Man and TheIronist like this.
  19. chintai80 oh hi.

i really liked affleck in this.
    and i was someone who was never a big fan of his acting in other movies before.
    he's much more reserved here compared to bvs -- and appears to do "less" here.

but in actuality, he is the one guiding / leading the team -- acting sort of the "coach"for them.
    he barely gets into any hand to hand combat moments, much less than we would've liked after seeing his fight scene in bvs, but that just goes to show how the parademons easily over-power this mere mortal in a bat-suit.

he has to rely on his gadgets, guns, and putting this team together to fight something he's never come up against before.

bale is still my favorite live action bruce wayne/batman, but i after watching bvs and zsjl, i can understand why affleck's many people's favorite in the role.

TheIronist likes this.
  20. craigaat World's Greatest Spy

I really liked that line in the trailer but I'm glad it's not in the final cut.

Manny Moo likes this.
  21. FatRobin Detective

I will always prefer Bale's characterization but I rewatched some of TDKT last night and have begun to understand why people have this sentiment as well. Affleck is a bit more natural in the suit compared to Bale. Still like him better in BvS tho, despite all the killings :D. I could still recognize him as the darker and more broken down Batman in the comics. In this, he just didn't feel like Batman to me. I understood the intention but it just didn't land.

chintai80 likes this.
  22. DeadStroke Registered

Originally he shot that scene with Green Lantern. Its why his reaction was so normal cause he was looking at a human. It seems off because Snyder had to replace it with Manhunter.

23. Asr Registered

I agree Batman is portrayed better in the Snyder Cut. Like a lot!

However the one thing I'm disappointed by with Snyder's Batman is that his fighting prowess isn't shown off. There's a lot of editing tricks to make him look more badass, but they can't exactly hide the lack of fight choreography.

I hope Pattinson's Batman fixes this for me. Even from just the one trailer alone it seems Matt Reeves did a much better job of capturing Batman's fighting moves.

24. Da-Scribe he/him

Affleck is mah Batman for sure. But I still love Bale and an excited as hell for Pattinson.

WB could just do a Batman multiverse flick with Keaton, Bale, Affleck, and Pattinson and easily make $2 billion.

25. Micromind Registered

Only shot from TC of JL that I missed was Bruce saying to Flash "Save One", but that makes Flash look like total noob, so I dunno.