Justice League Ben Affleck Offered to Direct Justice League

I trust that ^ this is such good news. The film is definitely going in a very mature direction by the looks of things

And Variety, E!, MTV News, and Chicago Tribune say otherwise.

Is deadline wrong that often though, I know the rest of the online news community dislikes them, but they do break stuff. Although, its great when they get into these meaningless fights because then we actually get news on the activity of the projects.

Like I said in the Batman reboot thread, both sites are credible, they just happen to have differing views on this subject. All we can do is wait for more updates.

well they both agree that affleck is talking to WB

(If) Ben Affleck signs on, how long do you think itll be before we start hearing casting news?

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything till November, but that's just me.

Maybe since I am used to seeing him as an actor, I am kind of weary of him potentially directing a JLA movie. Also since I am not used to seeing/hearing/whatever him about anything as big as JLA or dealing with something similar. But certainly an interesting choice.

Maybe confirmation of Cavill and/or Reynolds beforehand I'd think.

Ben Affleck is competent actor and a good director, so I'm not sure why some people hold such disdain for him. Plus, he's been a great husband and father off the set, as well. If he takes over JL I think it could have a sober, realistic setting much like Affleck's Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo.

I just hope whatever threat that's used in JL, it would be treated visually like the threats in Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.

An announcement of Cavill will come first, maybe the end of the year or early next year. I think around the time of Man of Steel we'll hear of who the new Batman is and their plans for the reboot. The others, i guess sometime next year they would have to announce them all. I guess at the same time, for WW/Flash/GL.

Really hope Affleck takes this one. I really enjoyed his two films so far and am greatly anticipating Argo. Would love to see what he would do, it'd be like seeing Nolan take on Begins all over again, the mystery of what a filmmaker like that would with a property like this.

I just hope whatever threat that's used in JL, it would be treated visually like the threats in Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.

You're thinking about Michael Bay, who's the director of both of these films.

You're thinking about Michael Bay, who's the director of both of these films.
Which also starred Affleck. I'm hoping he uses what worked in those films is all, I know he didn't direct them.

Maybe confirmation of Cavill and/or Reynolds beforehand I'd think.

They can hold off on cavill until the film comes out realistically. If the movie does very well I'm sure they'll use him because he is probably under contract. If the movie downright bombs they can just go ahead and cast someone else. Either way the storyline of man of steel probably wont affect much.

As for Reynolds, thats a tough one, I'm sure he would do it, them wanting him back is a different story. To be fair though, GL didnt turn out bad because of him, and he works well when he isnt the main star.

Last edited:
As for Reynolds, thats a tough one, I'm sure he would do it, them wanting him back is a different story.

Yeah. Seeing a Ryan Reynolds GL directed by Affleck would be promising... I think Reynolds is under contract for two more GL films until next year or 2014. (Routh said his contract option expired in 2009, three years after SR.)

The good thing about Green Lantern is that they wouldn't even need to recast if they chose not to bring Ryan Reynolds back.

Just go TAS route by using John Stewart and they're good to go.

I don't see them not using Reynolds honestly. I don't see him being recast, and I don't see them using Jon Stewart.

It just seems like a lot of work to not get Reynolds back, and it's not like they solely blame him for the failure of Green Lantern.

I don't see them not using Reynolds honestly. I don't see him being recast, and I don't see them using Jon Stewart.

Regardless of how people say DC entertainment has done nothing, I think the whole point was corporate synergy. So when you see hal on the big screen, you see hal in the comics and the tv show. Thats why I don't see John Stewart being used.

If they have Reynolds under contract, which I'm sure they do, why not bring him back. No one saw GL anyways judging by the box office. If they can do something good with his character, its only a positive.

And even the people who hate reynolds have to admit that he went above and beyond trying to promote the film, he genuinely seemed like he believed in the project. There are a lot of movie stars who couldn't care less to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"