Best Bourne Movie?

I think very few filmmakers utilize it well. I think Greengrass is one of the only ones.

I enjoyed End of Watch, but the style was pretty jarring most of the time. I think they overdid it with the found footage element which was inconsistent.

I think it made the sequels more visceral almost like you were along for the ride like you were playing through a first person shooter.

Yeah, it's not my kind of style, either.

But I do believe the Damon/Csokas Supremacy fight was much clearer than the Bourne/Desh fight in Ultimatum.

Funnily enough I would say the opposite, I thought the fight in the 3rd movie was clearer, I could always get an idea of what was going on in the Desh fight when the shakey cam was used, were as in the fight in the 2nd movie there were points were I literally didnt know what was happening or who was hitting who.

I wouldnt say the latter 2 were soulless, but they were definately missing something Identity had. In hindsight killing Marie might have been a mistake in the sequels, although it sets Bourne on his journey again I guess.

But without Marie, Jason had no one to warm to in the sequels, no one to let his guard down in front of, on the odd occasion he tried, with Nicki in Ultimatum, the next scene she is leaving, so you didnt get the same feeling.

That's it for me, I find characters like Bourne to be best served when they have a character alongside them who can help bring out the other side and humanize them, instead of them just being a stoic machine for 2 hours.

Identity for me, but I think Supremacy has one of the coolest scenes of the trilogy, and that's when he gets caught on the airport and sits in that room with two agents/cops. He's all silent and doesn't move or react to anything and then bam he smokes both of them and steals the phone from one of them. It just comes out of nowhere.

Just watched all four back to back. Legacy is the worst kind of film. A pale imitation that uses the other films to attempt to gain traction. It has no real energy until the leads meet up and then simply ends once it actually gets interesting. It almost feels like a television movie that can't stop trying to invoke the original films.

Identity is a really good film, but just can't match the quality of Supremacy and Ultimatum.

I forgot. Damn.

Ha ha fair enough , was actually curious thouh.

That's it for me, I find characters like Bourne to be best served when they have a character alongside them who can help bring out the other side and humanize them, instead of them just being a stoic machine for 2 hours.

Yeah I agree, he never really had anyone to connect with in the sequels, he tried with Nicki in Ultimatum but then had to say goodbye to her because he didnt want her to become another Marie, which was a good plot point but again meant Bourne was on his own.

I think that's the big difference in preferences, possibly even bigger than the shakey cam debate. Because I prefer Bourne as a lone wolf, as Damon humanizes him as much as he needs to be humanized all by himself (though with the help of Gilroy/Greengrass's nuances of course). Marie did nothing but annoy the hell outta me. It took all my will power not to applaud in the theater when she died, lol.

Voted for Ultimatum. I really, really like Supremacy and it's almost equal. Ultimatum's chase with Desh, Nicki, and Bourne was too awesome. It brought back T2 vibes (to some extent).

I love that the first 3 are all pretty much neck and neck on the poll. I doubt that would be the case with any other trilogy, save for maybe Toy Story.

I think that's the big difference in preferences, possibly even bigger than the shakey cam debate. Because I prefer Bourne as a lone wolf, as Damon humanizes him as much as he needs to be humanized all by himself (though with the help of Gilroy/Greengrass's nuances of course).

Once again, :hrt:.

Your Marie comments... not so much.:oldrazz:

I started watching the first... 5 minutes (?) of Legacy. Already 4 references to the trilogy. Wow.

Lol, make it a drinking game so when you wake up tomorrow you won't remember the movie.

Maybe not, you did enjoy Tron Legacy. :o

Ouch. Who knew having good taste would make me suffer?

In all seriousness you'll probably think its okay at best.

Based on all reviews so far, I think I'll agree.

I love that Legacy only has one vote, hope it stays that way :D .

I love that the first 3 are all pretty much neck and neck on the poll. I doubt that would be the case with any other trilogy, save for maybe Toy Story.

The trilogy is of an incredibly high quality, even Legacy, which wasnt any were near the first 3 in terms of quality, wasnt a bad movie, there is much worse out there. BUT, it was a huge step down from the first 3.

Tbh I was mostly joking. I was probably gonna make a sex joke or something.

Ha ha fair enough.

F**k, is it that bad?
Yeah. Legacy is nothing if not a movie about the ramifications of Bourne's actions as they happen off camera. For what it was, I enjoyed it - though if it weren't for the two leads, I would have a lower opinion of it. (I actually preferred Renner to Damon) It was a cool concept, but was too reliant on the original films. That, and the ending came out of no where and was totally lame, as if the writers suddenly thought "****! We gotta end this script! uhhh....'the end'....Brilliant!"

Yeah I agree, he never really had anyone to connect with in the sequels, he tried with Nicki in Ultimatum but then had to say goodbye to her because he didnt want her to become another Marie, which was a good plot point but again meant Bourne was on his own.

Yeah she served that idea that guys like Bourne can never have someone in their lives, but I wish they'd made that point in the final movie instead of at the start of the second.

I think that's the big difference in preferences, possibly even bigger than the shakey cam debate. Because I prefer Bourne as a lone wolf, as Damon humanizes him as much as he needs to be humanized all by himself (though with the help of Gilroy/Greengrass's nuances of course). Marie did nothing but annoy the hell outta me. It took all my will power not to applaud in the theater when she died, lol.

Heh, I loved Marie, to me she reacted like a real person to the situation she was in and even when she grew into Bourne's world somewhat, she didn't suddenly start doing kung fu or firing weapons like a trained operative. I think Damon is a good actor but I don't think he has the charisma or presence to be as isolated as he was in the 2nd and 3rd movie, which is why I found them cold and flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"