Best Bourne Movie?

Finally saw Legacy. Greengrass once joked that a 4th Bourne should be called "The Bourne Redundancy" and he was completely right. It's not even a bad movie and Aaron Cross isn't even a bad character and Renner isn't even as charisma-sucking as usual. It was just... there. The 2 plots were both completely pointless: 1.we follow a super-junkie on his way to get his fix and 2.we hear about the most interesting stuff we shoulda seen, aka Jason's actions' ramifications. Wow. What a damn waste.

You're calling Renner charisma-sucking but sincerely enjoys Hayden Christensen's acting? Cray-Cray!!

Yes. And Andy Garcia. And Gerard Butler. And Naomi Watts. And many actors who are arguably better than Hayden.

Naomi Watts...arguably....better than Hayden...:huh:

Last edited:
I think he's doubting the "arguably" part.

I wish Ron Howard would direct the Gianakin movie.

I guess Liam was talking about the "arguably" part.:woot:

Hey, at least I disliked Bourne Legacy, eh?:o

Anyway, I do like the Japanese (playing a Thai? Weird. Unless he covered all of Asia hence an ambiguous Asian ethnicity.) assassin in 'Legacy'. He was quite fashionable.

Anyway, I do like the Japanese (playing a Thai? Weird. Unless he covered all of Asia hence an ambiguous Asian ethnicity.) assassin in 'Legacy'. He was quite fashionable.

Apart from the mud.

And in Highlander you had a Scot playing an Egyptian with a Spanish name and a Frenchie playing an American who comes from Scotland. And in Mask of Zorro you have a Welsh playing a Spaniard and a Spaniard playing a Mexican.

Actually I kinda liked 'Legacy'.

It wasn't TF bad, it was well made and featured some good acting from the leads, especially Weisz. But the whole story was 110% pointless. It's something suited for a DVD extra or something. And the ending was as sequel-baity (read: Matt, please come back) as Prometheus', minus the heavy thematics or depth.

Apart from the mud.

And in Highlander you had a Scot playing an Egyptian with a Spanish name and a Frenchie playing an American who comes from Scotland. And in Mask of Zorro you have a Welsh playing a Spaniard and a Spaniard playing a Mexican.

And best of all, The Rock is playing Hercules in a Brett Ratner movie!

Everyone knows Hercules was part awesome.

Yeah she served that idea that guys like Bourne can never have someone in their lives, but I wish they'd made that point in the final movie instead of at the start of the second.

Agreed, even the end of the second movie would have been preferrable to the first 10 mins of the second movie. Just develop their relationship a bit more and of course having Marie there when Bourne confesses to the Neski would have made the scene even better for me. She would have been killed shortly after of course but that would make the whole resolution of the 2nd movie even more emotionally charged.

Heh, I loved Marie, to me she reacted like a real person to the situation she was in and even when she grew into Bourne's world somewhat, she didn't suddenly start doing kung fu or firing weapons like a trained operative. I think Damon is a good actor but I don't think he has the charisma or presence to be as isolated as he was in the 2nd and 3rd movie, which is why I found them cold and flat.

Definately agree with the bolded part, she was the link for a normal person to Bourne's world and she was a realistic version of it too. I think thats why she is missed in the sequels so much.

Finally saw Legacy. Greengrass once joked that a 4th Bourne should be called "The Bourne Redundancy" and he was completely right. It's not even a bad movie and Aaron Cross isn't even a bad character and Renner isn't even as charisma-sucking as usual. It was just... there. The 2 plots were both completely pointless: 1.we follow a super-junkie on his way to get his fix and 2.we hear about the most interesting stuff we shoulda seen, aka Jason's actions' ramifications. Wow. What a damn waste.

Exactly! And this is the reason people don't like Cross. He's essentially a junkie and his whole journey is about him getting his crack fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"