Civil War Best cinematic Spider-Man suit?

The suit is REAL in CW It is not CGI any more than Black Panther's suit is CHI or Ant-Man's suit. They might uses some CGI enhancements to make them pop more but they're real costumes. Look at a high res photo instead of the photo capture from the trailer which doesn't have enough resolution to show you that it indeed real.

I prefer the use of cloth material to the rubberized look.

I don't think any shot of Spider-Man is live action in that trailer.

If you look at all those pictures, the CW suit looks the most Comic Book-esque. It wins for me.

I think the Raimi Suit...the AMS 2 suit and the CW are pretty comic accurate to a point. Artists have drawn them differently through out the years.

16-romita_spidey9.jpg

th

3b262b7acf718f0752065daacef5bbdf.jpg

todd-mcfarlane-spider-man.jpg

spider_man_by_jim_lee___colored_by_kyomusha-d6uei5c.png

The suit is REAL in CW It is not CGI any more than Black Panther's suit is CHI or Ant-Man's suit. They might uses some CGI enhancements to make them pop more but they're real costumes. Look at a high res photo instead of the photo capture from the trailer which doesn't have enough resolution to show you that it indeed real.

I prefer the use of cloth material to the rubberized look.

I think it's real and just enhanced as well. Parts of it are obviously CGI. Others look too convincing. Besides, remember that report about someone watching a civil war scene being filmed and they saw a stuntman in classic red and blues? It went on to say Robert Downey Jr walked by with his arm around Tom who was wearing a Spidey suit sans mask. I immediately thought of that when I saw the Spidey reveal.

I don't think any shot of Spider-Man is live action in that trailer.

The landing (which was not seamless - there's a bit of a wobble) and crouching definitely looked real to me, especially because you can see his heavy breathing.

The ASM1 suit has still got to be my favorite of the bunch. I did like a bunch of the smaller details that a lot of others disliked or outright hated though, like the gloves and the silver on the shoes. For me, I thought it was different, but not too different, while also being the same but not too much of the same. The colors really popped in the nighttime swinging scenes too, especially in the final act with the crane scenes and such.

After that, I'd go with ASM2 for being so comic accurate, then Raimi and then CW which still has to grow on me a bit (but it's pretty good too).

LZ46IvT.jpg

The landing (which was not seamless - there's a bit of a wobble) and crouching definitely looked real to me, especially because you can see his heavy breathing.

I'm pretty sure that shot was CG, or at least it seems that way to me going thru it frame by frame.

I'm in love with the cw suit to me it's perfect in every way.

Before I criticize any of the cinematic suits, let me state up front that I really like each one. They each have a unique appeal. However, I've always been slightly bothered by the raised webbing on the Raimi suits and the material of the TASM1 suit because they looked like they could be a minor hindrance in movement.

I really need to see more of the CW suit, but it appears to be sleekest design. For a character whose abilities are often predicated on unusual movement, this new look could be the best of the bunch.

Kinda reminds me of arguments on whether or not scenes in the Batman vs Thug scene in the BvS trailer were CGI or not.

Man amazing spider man 2 suit is being way underrated right now but I guess I should be surprised because that movie is always underrated with like ever thing.

1. Amazing spider man 2
2. Rami
3. New one
4. Barff bag suit of amazing spider man 1 lol

Top 2 are by far the best the flat webs don't work on the new one at all and eyes to small and the black between the arms doesn't work and also the chest sysmbol is way to small almost cant even see it.

I don't see raised grey webbing or daddy long legs spider logos on Bagley's ASM art. :shrug: And take away the black segments and it is 3x more accurate than TASM2 suit -- Jet-black webbing, non-raised and small spider logo, plus tick spider.

The rami movies where more grey sliver than asm2 was and even that looked black in those movies.

I can see why people hate ASM's costume but something about the material makes it my favorite. The swinging through the city shots at the end before he battles the lizard are beautiful imo. I love the asm2 suit as well because I always liked the raimi suit but wanted bigger rounded eyes (it's also definitely the most comic accurate). However I do love the new suit almost equally if it weren't for the black arm things and the unneeded patterns along the arms and legs. I guess I'm just a fan of all of them so I voted asm because it took a risk and succeeded at surprising me...cause I absolutely hated the on set photos of it.

I can see why people hate ASM's costume but something about the material makes it my favorite. The swinging through the city shots at the end before he battles the lizard are beautiful imo. I love the asm2 suit as well because I always liked the raimi suit but wanted bigger rounded eyes (it's also definitely the most comic accurate). However I do love the new suit almost equally if it weren't for the black arm things and the unneeded patterns along the arms and legs. I guess I'm just a fan of all of them so I voted asm because it took a risk and succeeded at surprising me...cause I absolutely hated the on set photos of it.

I have many of the same feelings as you about the ASM suit. I loved how it looked in the movie, swinging through the city, etc. Not sure how I would rank all the suits as I liked each very much in their own way. Just can't wait to see the CW suit in the movie to get a better read on how it looks in more than the one brief glimpse we've had.

Can't vote in the poll because I really can't make my mind up between ASM2 and the new Civil War costume.

ASM2 has been my favorite for so long (the coloure, raised webbing and eye lenses shape), but the Civil War costume looks SO GOOD in high definition, my eyes couldn't see any of them details when I first saw the trailer, it will look so good on the big screen.

I like the asm2 the nest but if you took the eyes from this trailer and put them on that suit I would cry.

The suit in this trailer drives me nutz cause the red area looks like there are no webbing lines. Looks generic.

The ASM1 suit has still got to be my favorite of the bunch. I did like a bunch of the smaller details that a lot of others disliked or outright hated though, like the gloves and the silver on the shoes. For me, I thought it was different, but not too different, while also being the same but not too much of the same. The colors really popped in the nighttime swinging scenes too, especially in the final act with the crane scenes and such.

After that, I'd go with ASM2 for being so comic accurate, then Raimi and then CW which still has to grow on me a bit (but it's pretty good too).

LZ46IvT.jpg

To each his own, but I could never get past those ugly yellow eyes. It always looked to me like they were dirty and desperately needed cleaning.

The eye shape/color and lack of "belt" are what made me dislike the first ASM suit. But in some shots it does look really good.

I know some people don't like raised webbing, but I've always felt it was what made the Spidey suit really pop and not look like a Halloween costume or those crappy tights that guy in the 1970s TV show wore.

The thing here is that it mostly comes down to personal preference and taste. Every single movie suit has been recognizably Spider-Man, which is more than we can say for most other superhero properties out there (I'm looking at you, X-Men). I think the ASM 1 suit is the weakest of the bunch and even that one looked pretty good in action.

The thing here is that it mostly comes down to personal preference and taste. Every single movie suit has been recognizably Spider-Man, which is more than we can say for most other superhero properties out there (I'm looking at you, X-Men). I think the ASM 1 suit is the weakest of the bunch and even that one looked pretty good in action.

Agreed. A lot of it comes down to what era you prefer. TASM2, and the Raimi suits have been the most comic accurate designs thus far. CW would but tied if it hadn't included the extra designs, and TASM1 is the farthest from the traditional comic design...but to be honest, none of them have been that far off. And one could even make a case that the extra design elements on both TASM1 and CW are very similar to design elements incorporated in Ben Reily's Spidey suit.

I really enjoyed TASM2 suit because I grew up on the early to mid 90's Spidey comics, so McFarlane and Bagely were the designs I favored, with the giant eyes. The CW suit is almost spot on late 60's early 70s Romita, and it's a nice breath of fresh air. They honestly all have their merits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"