Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

I disagree. How are the fights in X-Men: Last Stand and Wolverine more gritty, realistic, and raw fights? Let me say that all the fights in every film have failed to reach their fullest potential. But I definitely felt the Wolverine/Deathstrike fight was very exciting, raw, and while choreographed it was still exciting.

In my opinion the Mystique/Wolverine fight is the worst of them all.

But the problem is with ANY Wolverine fight the drama, depth, and realism is takes you out of the moment because he can't die.

ALL of the fights in X-Men Origins: Wolverine had the right idea but they REALLY dropped the ball on the fights between him and Victor.

I thought that all of the fights between Logan and Creed in X-Men Origins were particularly brutal, especially the first one. My problem with the other 2 were really just the fact that they were too short. I really felt that the final fight at 3 Mile Island was too short, but during the fight I got really into the fight, and thought it was getting pretty viscous. But next thing you know, they crash through the window, and that's it.

I thought that a lot of the fights in X-Men 3 seemed pretty realistic. Wolverine vs. Limb Regrow Guy was a bit cheesy, but the rest of the combat in the final battle seemed pretty realistic and not overly choreographed. I saw one really bad scene of wirework with Beast, but the rest seemed very natural to me.

Logan vs. Creed in Canada at the beginning of X-Men was pretty good, and I even kind of liked the final battle on the statue of Liberty, but that's about it.

Singer had some good action sequences, but the one on one fights I thought were pretty bad for the most part.

I don't see how anyone can say Singer's fight scenes weren't brutal enough. I winced in the theaters when Deathstrike was stabbing Wolverine in the back from behind the metal gate thing and I still wince a little when I see it. Nothing in X3 or Wolverine has made me react anything like that.

I saw one really bad scene of wirework with Beast, but the rest seemed very natural to me.

Every scene with Beast jumping in X3 felt like bad wirework to me.

Last edited:
The only fight scenes I liked in Wolverine and X3 were Wolverine vs. Sabretooth in the bar and Iceman vs. Pyro.

I voted Wolverine vs Weapon XI (With a little help from Creed), but Wolverine vs Deathstrike was a close second.

Wolverine vs Weapon XI was visually stunning. Even more so when Creed showed up. The part where Weapon XI is flipping at them then vaults up in the air, does a TRIPLE somersault, but then teleports back behind Creed was stunning. Especially with the back ground, the cinematography was great there.

And Wolverine vs Deathstryke comes in a close second. Brutal, erratic and bloodthirsty. The part where her finger goes through his bicep? YEEEOUCH! But the wire-work in that fight was lulz worthy, even more than any of the fights in Wolverine IMO.

Hmm I think Wolvie vs. Deathstrike is probably the best, but my favorite would have to be the forest scene in X3. Wouldn't that in a way count as a '1 on 1' fight? The mutant with the pine cones :-)oldrazz:) coming out of his wrists vs. Wolverine. They were the center of the whole sequence with Wolvie taking out random mutants in between. I thought it was awesome. I remember how cool the little smirk that mutant gave when he hit Logan the first time and threw two more near him on the ground, and then he slowly brought out two more in his arms. :up: Awesome. I'd probably vote for that one if it was in there, but the Deathstrike is definitely one of the best.

Actually, sorry, that was one i forgot, I personally would consider it one of the worst, but yeah, I just genuinly forgot about one, sorry.

But he was wearing a badass outfit, I'll give him that. That made the scene (fight) for me honestly :up:

xmen201.jpg

I did consider that for a bit, but felt it was just too short.

Why do so many people think that the fight between Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike was the best?

As far as I'm concerned, it's EASILY the worst.

I don't get why people would enjoy the way too overly choreographed fights like Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike that really take you out of the depth and drama of the film, when X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are full of more gritty, raw, and realistic looking fights that don't take you out of the actual movie.

Well, judging by the poll Nell, it isnt :yay:.

Personally, I thought the fighting in X3 and Wolverine was more coreographed than anything in X2, the wire-work in X3 and Wolvie was mostly poor as well compared to what I thought was great wire-work in X2 (especially the Nightcrawler scene). Wolverine vs Deathstryke was the right kind of brutal, gritty fight that this series should have had, the action took a step down significantly with X3 IMO, Wolverine improved on X3 a little bit but not by much.

Personally, I thought the fighting in X3 and Wolverine was more coreographed than anything in X2, the wire-work in X3 and Wolvie was mostly poor as well compared to what I thought was great wire-work in X2 (especially the Nightcrawler scene). Wolverine vs Deathstryke was the right kind of brutal, gritty fight that this series should have had, the action took a step down significantly with X3 IMO, Wolverine improved on X3 a little bit but not by much.

All of the X-movies have had some 'dodgy' wirework. But I will say that the Deathstrike fight looked a lot better on Blu-ray viewing than I remembered.

X1 had Storm's awkward landing from the elevator. X3 had the mutants leaping too slowly on to the island from the bridge, and an odd horizontal leap from Beast. But X3's Storm twirling at Jean's house was fine, although Jean's vertical levitation at Alcatraz was a bit stiff!

X2 is the most consistent all round, though i do not think it perfect. The wirework in Wolverine as far as i recall was fine.

(And I didn't even mind Wolvie hacking the fire escape, it was a bit 'cartoonish' but then again...this is a cartoon/comicbook character and it was the obvious way to bring Gambit down!)

All of the X-movies have had some 'dodgy' wirework. But I will say that the Deathstrike fight looked a lot better on Blu-ray viewing than I remembered.

X1 had Storm's awkward landing from the elevator. X3 had the mutants leaping too slowly on to the island from the bridge, and an odd horizontal leap from Beast. But X3's Storm twirling at Jean's house was fine, although Jean's vertical levitation at Alcatraz was a bit stiff!

X2 is the most consistent all round, though i do not think it perfect. The wirework in Wolverine as far as i recall was fine.

Agreed, there were dodgy wire moments in all of the movies, I just found the wirework in the first 2 a bit better than the last 2 personally. The wirework in the white house scene in particular was amazing in X2 I thought.

Wolverine had the odd dodgy moment, Gambit's leap from fire escape to fire escape was one.

(And I didn't even mind Wolvie hacking the fire escape, it was a bit 'cartoonish' but then again...this is a cartoon/comicbook character and it was the obvious way to bring Gambit down!)

It wasnt the idea of the scene most people had a problem with, it was the execution, it was like something out of Batman and Robin, it just totally took you out of the movie, especially with how quick they had him doing it. Him doing it slowly, calculatingly, would have been more effective. The rest of the Gambit fight was fine though, just wish it had been a little longer personally.

Yea that fire escape chopping could of worked. If they should him actually chopping up vital parts of the structure, which led to it falling. Not going into turbo mode.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine has THE best of the fights by far. One of Singer's weak points is that he doesn't know how to shoot fights. The first Wolverine/Sabretooth fight on the head of the Statue of Liberty was lame and even the Wolverine/Deathstrike match was short and poorly handled. Every confrontation in Origins works well. It's gritty and all feel like they were pulled directly out of the comics. Wolverine vs Weapon XI (With a little help from Creed) is the winner. I even like the fact that they learned from encounter to encounter. Logan learning and countering Creed's lounge in the alley is perfection.

Yea that fire escape chopping could of worked. If they should him actually chopping up vital parts of the structure, which led to it falling. Not going into turbo mode.

Exactly, have be cold and calculating, Logan doing it slowly and smiling more the closer Gambit gets to him, it would have been SO much better than what we got.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine has THE best of the fights by far. One of Singer's weak points is that he doesn't know how to shoot fights. The first Wolverine/Sabretooth fight on the head of the Statue of Liberty was lame and even the Wolverine/Deathstrike match was short and poorly handled. Every confrontation in Origins works well. It's gritty and all feel like they were pulled directly out of the comics. Wolverine vs Weapon XI (With a little help from Creed) is the winner. I even like the fact that they learned from encounter to encounter. Logan learning and countering Creed's lounge in the alley is perfection.

And you didnt think the fights in Origins were short? The Deathstryke fight was longer than all of the fights in Origins.

My dad found that part incredibly cool. He'd never heard of Gambit, but this movie turned him into a total Gambit fanboy after those scenes.

I can't really pick my favorite fight scene, I have a few favorites: the Statue of Liberty fight, the Deathstrike fight, I loved the Logan/Creed fights in Wolverine (I wish there'd been more!).

I loved the deleted scene from X3 where Storm blasted the lightning through Wolvie's adamantium to knock out Juggernaut - I have no idea why they cut that from the final version.

I laughed out loud when Wolvie slap chopped the fire escape. It looked horrible and it was without a doubt one of the worst action scenes in this entire franchise and one of the corniest scenes in any superhero movie.

I laughed out loud when Wolvie slap chopped the fire escape. It looked horrible and it was without a doubt one of the worst action scenes in this entire franchise and one of the corniest scenes in any superhero movie.

Oh, it wasn't that bad.

When this comes out on dvd...that will be gif'd to death.

I see that you haven't watched the original Fantastic Four movie then. :oldrazz:

Yea as y'all know I am a steadfast defender of this movie. But that fire-escape chopping scene? Just ain't gonna fly, it was appaling.

Yea as y'all know I am a steadfast defender of this movie. But that fire-escape chopping scene? Just ain't gonna fly, it was appaling.

Totally agreed, i'm on the fence with the movie, liked some things, didnt like others, but that scene in particular, was atrocious.

Also, on a side note, I thought the Gambit fight along with a couple of Sabretooth ones would be getting more votes.

Is there a thread for best action sequences? Not necessarily fights? There should be.

I would have to agree. That is still one of the best action sequences I've seen in any film. My favourite action scene in this film is the "bullet slicing" though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"