Better Call Saul! - Breaking Bad Spinoff A Go At AMC - Part 1

Because Jimmy's probation is still fairly fresh and Kim will be out of commission for awhile, I wonder if there might be a bit of a jump forward in time at the start of the new season, or if the events of the finale (primarily Chuck and Hector) would necessitate picking up right where we left off.

I'm torn on that. A small time jump makes sense, that way Jimmy can become Saul and start practicing again, but I feel like some close follow up with Chuck and Hector is necessary. Maybe the start of the first episode is right after those events, then we skip some time?

Though how much time should really pass before Gus lets Nacho know he's onto him?

I'll feel really cheated if we don't get Jimmy's reaction to Chuck's demise.

I'll feel really cheated if we don't get Jimmy's reaction to Chuck's demise.

I think it is most likely that we will see his immediate reaction followed by a time jump done via montage.

It is worth noting that Breaking Bad never really did any significant time jumps between seasons, but rather mid-episode (the season 2 finale, Granite State). So yeah, I could see the premiere picking up on some of the threads from the finale, then suddenly, late into the episode, we're a year(ish) later and Jimmy is almost/fully Saul Goodman.

I'm still curious what'll happen with Gene. The last flashforward seemed to be leading into something significant. It could be a "M60 in the trunk" type of tease.

Jonathan Banks is great, but him getting a nom over McKean this season feels like Emmy Monogamy at work.

What did Mike even do this season? What an unbelievable snub of McKean. :down:

For real. No disrespect to Banks, who did great work in the first two seasons, but McKean completely earned the nomination.

Ironically, "Chicanery" is up for Best Writing.

The Emmys hate change, hence Banks getting his auto-nom. McKean should've had one for sure.

This needs to come back yesterday.

Just saw an ad saying this won't be back until Summer. :csad:

More or less expected it, considering the later renewal, but still...

Perfect first nite of #2018 at the beautiful @FourSeasons #RanchoEncantado in Santa Fe! Thank you for the best view, food, wine & service!

tumblr_p1yedtiy7Q1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg

Looks like the show is finally getting into more BB territory.

Looking forward to it! Especially Nacho's story line.

Finally!

I hope we're not getting any Chuck flashbacks. This story needs to really move ahead.

Finally!

I hope we're not getting any Chuck flashbacks. This story needs to really move ahead.

I really liked hating that character. Specially because of the actor. It was a joy to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"