Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not following Thomas Shnauz on twitter.. Boy oh boy are you missing out.

Posters like carrrnuttt jumping on Tron Bonne just because he says he's not sure it's the best show ever, is really fanboyish though. The most negative thing Tron Bonne said is, out of the thousands of shows to be on the air, he's not sure BB is the best ever and he basically gets Heisenberged.

Hah, pretty much yeah. It's funny, because he's still going on about it, and still ignoring the fact that I explicitly said it was fine for people to do that. But I knew someone was going to coming knocking for saying something, though.

The Shield is an extremely underrated show, which I encourage everyone to watch. It's almost as perfect a show as BB was, but sadly never got the press it deserved. But, without saying whether I agree with them or not, I could easily see someone making an argument that The Shield, The Wire or The Sopranos was the best show ever too.

I just started watching The Shield via hulu. Finished the first season, pretty good.

Breaking Bad Fans Trampled Real Graves For Fake Funeral

original.jpg

This past Saturday, a group of Breaking Bad rubberneckers turned up for a mock funeral that mourned the AMC series' protagonist, Walter White. Pitched as a fundraiser for the homeless, the ceremony was held at a real cemetery in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where inconsiderate *****ebags loitered on grave markers of real dead people, including one of a child who didn't live to see his third birthday. For ****'s sake.

As the Hollywood Reporter confirms, Walter White's burial took place at Sunset Memorial Park, a Bernalillo County resting place with more than 30,000 graves. Someone calling himself Jackamoe Buzzell organized the event, with help from a local steak house. The fictional meth-cooker's headstone was supposed to remain at Sunset, until local residents with non-fictional relatives buried there complained.

One of them, Manuel Montano, started an online petition asking the cemetery not to turn the gravesite of his six-year-old into a spectacle:

Locations where 'Breaking Bad' filmed in Albuquerque have become tourist traps now that the show has ended. Walter White's home draws up to 10,000 cars full of fans a month, according to the homeowner. Adding a physical grave site will encourage tourists to visit a sacred burial site of hundreds and hundreds of loved ones.

Cemetery officials say if crowds start gathering at the grave site of Walter White, they'll consider getting rid of his headstone. But the "officials" should not put the family members through such disrespect during the process of deciding whether or not too many people are visiting the makeshift grave.
New Mexico's KRQE spoke with Montano, who was also upset because the fake funeral service brought spectators who traipsed all over real graves. Like this jerk, who stood obliviously on the marker of a child who never saw his third birthday:

ku-xlarge.jpg

On Monday, after Montano's petition gained traction, Walter White Funeral organizers apologized in a press release, also promising to relocate the headstone to Vernon's Steakhouse:

It was never our intention to disrespect those who are buried at Sunset Memorial Park or cause pain to their families. We created the Walter White Funeral and Final Amends as a way to have a positive impact on the community and help those who are negatively impacted by the terrible effects of drug addiction and homelessness. We greatly apologize to anyone who was offended, and want to ensure that the focus remains on the amazing work that Albuquerque Healthcare for the Homeless does in our community.
A video of the fake funeral is below. Scanning through it makes the whole thing seem even ickier:

[YT]--spf9-SorA#t[/YT]

I understand wanting to memorialize the show but these jerks should have showed some freaking respect. Some of the stuff in that article made me very upset to be a BrBa fan if these are the kinds of folks associated with it. I didn't bother watching the video either seeing as how I have better things to do with an hour than watch a fake memorial organized by a steak house trying to get a little of the BrBa light to shine on them :cmad:

Breaking Bad Fans Trampled Real Graves For Fake Funeral

original.jpg

I understand wanting to memorialize the show but these jerks should have showed some freaking respect. Some of the stuff in that article made me very upset to be a BrBa fan if these are the kinds of folks associated with it.

BrBa became waaay too mainstream not to have picked up some absolute idiots as fans. They're probably the same jagoffs that talk about being Team Heisenberg, how Skyler is a ***** and how they'd set up their own meth-lab, and miss most of what the show is really about.

BrBa became waaay too mainstream not to have picked up some absolute idiots as fans. They're probably the same jagoffs that talk about being Team Heisenberg, how Skyler is a ***** and how they'd set up their own meth-lab, and miss most of what the show is really about.

:applaud

You nailed it.

I forgot how not everyone started at the beginning like a lot of us, most people just love being on the bandwagon

all my friends did that...not that i mind...just happens with all good things i suppose

I thought all his friends stood on graves for a second and then realized he was replying to the post directly above lol.

You know what just occured to me? We never once saw anyone using the pool in the backyward for it's intended purpose, did we? Episode one, Walt plays with matches. Season two, Junior vomits in the pool. End of season two, the burnt teddy bear. Season three, Walt knocks the burning money into the pool. Season five, Skyler's cry for help. Second half of season five, neighborhood kids skating in the pool. But we never saw anyone actually swimming in the pool did we?

I honestly think going by numbers wise they are probably the majority of Breaking Bad fans these days, or of at least the last half season. The show was about 1.5-2 million viewers for most of its run then jumped to about 6 million for the last half season and over 10 for the finale, we've been out numbered...Just check out the Breaking Bad facebook comments if you don't believe me?

I honestly think going by numbers wise they are probably the majority of Breaking Bad fans these days, or of at least the last half season. The show was about 1.5-2 million viewers for most of its run then jumped to about 6 million for the last half season and over 10 for the finale, we've been out numbered...Just check out the Breaking Bad facebook comments if you don't believe me?

Oh, I believe you. I think the problem was when the audience started to skew younger and pick up a lot of teen and preteen gamers who have no sense of irony, pathos or emotional maturity. They see the show on a purely surface level only living vicariously through all the action scenes, without understanding the consequences of those actions and how they destroy or change the characters.

Oh, I believe you. I think the problem was when the audience started to skew younger and pick up a lot of teen and preteen gamers who have no sense of irony, pathos or emotional maturity. They see the show on a purely surface level only living vicariously through all the action scenes, without understanding the consequences of those actions and how they destroy or change the characters.

It's ridiculous how so many of those people missed out on the Walt threatening skyler scene. I think Vince Himself had to come out and say that walt was just "acting".

I think that whole grave thing was so over the top anyways, to actually place a fictional character in a real cemetery...

Preach, brother.

It's ridiculous how so many of those people missed out on the Walt threatening skyler scene. I think Vince Himself had to come out and say that walt was just "acting".

I think that whole grave thing was so over the top anyways, to actually place a fictional character in a real cemetery...

Yeah, man. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I was the dad of that kid buried there and saw a pic of some dirty teenager standing on his headstone.

It reminds me of the people who watch Scarface and want to be like Tony Montana and be a gangster. It's a lot of people.

It reminds me of the people who watch Scarface and want to be like Tony Montana and be a gangster. It's a lot of people.

I've always assumed those people turn off the movie about 5 minutes before it ends. "Oh a bunch of people are showing up at his mansion? probably nothing, i bet he lives happily ever after" *click*

Scarface is totally a morality tale about what to not do and become. While I wouldn't say BB is a morality tale, every action does seems to have a real repercussion, especially for walt.

Right. Or people like my old roommate who was inspired to join the army after seeing gory anti-war movies like Full Metal Jacket and Platoon. (Not that there's anything wrong with joining the armed forces, but wanting to be like Joker from FMJ isn't a sound reason)

Wow. JJJ Ulcer is the only person I have read or met that gets this show!

Not only does he get the show, but knows that the grave stomper has to be a Team Heisenberg, Skyler hating, meth lab loving individual. He gets the show so much, he can now profile. :hehe:

Must work at Barneys. :o

There are some good points here, but it does seem a little BrBa hipster. "I liked Breaking Bad before it was cool. Oh, you're a recent fan? You must like it for all the wrong reasons then..."

Wow. JJJ Ulcer is the only person I have read or met that gets this show!

Ah, the old kneejerk "sarcastic defense" in place of any substantive points. :whatever: Nowhere have I ever made that claim or anything even remotely close to it. But can you honestly say there's not at least a faction of BB fans (like the baby-faced grave-stompers the article talks about) that fit my previous description? Sorry, if I touched a nerve though, GV. :o

Last edited:
Not only does he get the show, but knows that the grave stomper has to be a Team Heisenberg, Skyler hating, meth lab loving individual. He gets the show so much, he can now profile. :hehe:

Wait, so if I make that connection, am I insulting Skyler-hating Team Heisenbergers by saying they're grave-stompers... or am I insulting grave-stompers by saying they're Skyler-hating Team Heisenbergersr? I'm not entirely clear which group you're defending here.

Must work at Barneys. :o

Oh wow. Careful. I have feelings too, you know. :csad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001