Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connections, brahhhh!

Connections.....

Dem Team Heisenbergs are takin urrr jobs!

Hey folks, just letting you all know that whilst I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster contest my local retailer was having I have been informed I was one of the 10 finalists to make the final round, and as such have won a runners up prize of the complete Breaking Bad Bluray boxset. :)

Hey folks, just letting you all know that whilst I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster contest my local retailer was having I have been informed I was one of the 10 finalists to make the final round, and as such have won a runners up prize of the complete Breaking Bad Bluray boxset. :)

herman-cain-smile.gif

There are some good points here, but it does seem a little BrBa hipster. "I liked Breaking Bad before it was cool. Oh, you're a recent fan? You must like it for all the wrong reasons then..."

I'm a new fan. I watched the entire series in like three weeks. So I have to say, I can't imagine what it was like for you guys waiting months and months for new episodes. You guys had time to analyze and rewatch episodes where I just kept watching. I never had the chance to fantasize or imagine what could happen. It just happened and I watched. And I'm the type to obsess over a show for months between seasons, reading spoilers and set reports etc. Good thing I waited for this whole thing to be over so I could just watch it like a movie.

Also watching it all at once, it felt more "real time" than I'm sure it felt for you guys who watched it for five years. I must admit I noticed how older everyone looked at season 5 even though it's supposed to be only a year later. I guess that's what the stress of season 1-4 did to everybody.

I think people are overanalyzing my remarks on the previous page as some slam against all new BB fans, which it wasn't. You sound cool, Great Mind(s) and I wouldn't diss you, or anyone else, just for getting into the show later. Rather it was a slam on a minority of those new fans, and if you guys read the barely coherent Youtube comments for some BB videos and look at the pics of kids standing on graves at the Heisenberg "funeral", I think it's hard to argue with that. This will probably make me sound like an old fart, but I think some kids (and it's mostly kids) view the show through their GTA filter and, like I said previously, love the action and badassery, but don't really understand it thematically.

Something I found funny...in the finale after the shootout when Todd gets up and goes "Mr White..." as if he still likes Walter and thinks maybe he spared him or something. What was he going to say? It really shows how deranged of a mind he had.

Ah, the old kneejerk "sarcastic defense" in place of any substantive points. :whatever: Nowhere have I ever made that claim or anything even remotely close to it. But can you honestly say there's not at least a faction of BB fans (like the baby-faced grave-stompers the article talks about) that fit my previous description? Sorry, if I touched a nerve though, GV. :o

What in the f**k are talking about! I was being serious. Wow....

If you didn't mean your previous post as a sarcastic jab, then I do apologize. But, can you really blame me?

Wow. JJJ Ulcer is the only person I have read or met that gets this show!

Travesty seemed to reinforce a sarcastic tone with his immediate follow-up, but anyway mistakes happen.

Travesty seemed to reinforce a sarcastic tone with his immediate follow-up, but anyway mistakes happen.
Yes, I was being sarcastic, but I took GV post as being sincere. I was just playing off of it.

Ah, I feel like a jerk now. :(

Sorry, Ghostvirus. Tone is sometimes hard to read online. Will you forgive me if I tell you that you have one of my favorite avatars on the Hype?

I get the joke, but I feel like actually trying to beat the cancer was such a small part of Walter's journey. Even with immediate free treatment, there would be no guarantee of survival, and he would still worry about what he is leaving behind for his family. Then, of course, after he made enough for his family to have a nice safety net, we know it wouldn't stop there.

I get the joke, but I feel like actually trying to beat the cancer was such a small part of Walter's journey. Even with immediate free treatment, there would be no guarantee of survival, and he would still worry about what he is leaving behind for his family. Then, of course, after he made enough for his family to have a nice safety net, we know it wouldn't stop there.

"I did it for me."

"I did it for me."

I guess I left a lot off of what I was thinking. I really do think at the beginning, his intentions were for his family, at least that's what he wanted to believe. As time went on, he saw that it was what he was good at. It was his calling, what made him important and powerful. I guess I just meant that even with free healthcare, Walter White would have gone down a bad path.

He wanted to live. And not "live" as in "survive a couple more years due to extensive treatment". When he was giving his speech to the family and used the term "artificially alive", he wasn't just talking about treatment. He was talking about the first 50 years of his life. He was sleepwalking through his life. He was on autopilot. But no more.

I guess I left a lot off of what I was thinking. I really do think at the beginning, his intentions were for his family, at least that's what he wanted to believe. As time went on, he saw that it was what he was good at. It was his calling, what made him important and powerful. I guess I just meant that even with free healthcare, Walter White would have gone down a bad path.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with your thoughts and sentiments. I just couldn't resist posting that quote. :oldrazz:

I guess they have been doing a lot of weird ads for the health reform. I don't know, as stupid as that ad is, I can sort of see the sense to it, though. College bros do seriously dumbass stuff. I mean, everybody does from time to time, but boozed mixed with thoughts of young invincibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"