Better Call Saul! - Breaking Bad Spinoff A Go At AMC - Part 1

Kim's final retort in that fight was a doozy. I'm still enjoying this season, but I agree it's not quite as strong as the previous ones. I'm actually very curious to see how this thing with Mike and Werner plays out, because we know Gus trusts Mike so implicitly in the future, it's hard to see how that could happen with such massive **** ups this early on in their relationship.

What massive ****ups?

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho1_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho2_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho3_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho4_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho5_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho6_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho7_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho8_540.jpg

tumblr_pg5ivzRmtE1qjleeho9_540.jpg

Well, that's how he got his name.

Loved that last scene!

What massive ****ups?
Not telling him about Nacho, vouching for Werner after Gus had doubts, then letting him escape. Not exactly the best foundations for him to become Gus's go-to guy, considering they haven't yet known each other for very long. Even Mike admitted this ep, this whole Werner debacle is on him. But as I said, I was interested in seeing how it plays out this episode, and it did give me a better idea of how they got there.

The whole Werner/Mike scene was superb.

Poor Kim. She was so shocked but she really shouldn’t have been. My heart broke for her.

I'm kind of shocked that Kim was so shocked by that...

I think that Kim has been operating under the assumption that Jimmy was merely burying his feelings about Chuck and that the dam would break any day now. And she really thought this was it. Seeing how convincing he was, that he maybe truly doesn’t care about Chuck anymore, that he even fooled her and maybe could fool her on the emotional front any time he wants...that was bound to be a disturbing revelation for her.

A little disappointed we didn't see Nacho at all but great finale.

Werner-Mike was fantastic.

That final sequence with Jimmy and Kim was executed so well to lead to the official birth of Saul as we knew him in BB. I knew as Jimmy was winding down his appeal statement that he was bs-ing, but because I found the first 3/4ths of it so convincing a part of me hoped his words were true. Glad we're finally seeing Saul though.

What are people's thoughts on where this season ranks? I think I have this 2nd after last season.

1. Season 3
2. Season 4
3. Season 2
4. Season 1

Decent finale, but I didn't think it was great.

Werner just bewilders me. Surely he knew he was working for criminals. Why did he think he could get away with running off, especially he was already on probation for talking too much at the bar? Just stupid, and bad writing. Side note: if this project was so hush-hush, why did Werner meet Gus and even know his name? More sloppy writing.

Lalo breaking into Fred's locked room was silly, but I like that he's been positioned as a worthy antagonist for Mike going forward.

The Werner payoff, though, was excellent. I've seen parallels drawn on the internet between Werner's death and Mike's attempted killing of Walter in the lab that were interesting.

Jimmy's appeal storyline was also pretty dull right up until the wham moment at the end. I'll admit I thought his speech was legit and was shocked to see him sneering about the panel to Kim. I'm glad he's finally left Jimmy behind him; now we just need to see his story cross with Mike's and Nacho's.

Never ceases to amaze me how Giancarlo can scare the hell out of me while not doing anything in particular.

Even with the problems I have (mainly that there's not a single one connective tissue between Mike and Jimmy) I still think is one of the best things on tv right now, which is something I wouldn't normally forgive to any other show, but the writing, acting, cinematography, music, every damn thing is so good that at the end it doesn't make much difference.
I like that they brought back Chuck in some capacity, because it balances the character of Jimmy extremely well. Everything is closed now.

I think that Kim has been operating under the assumption that Jimmy was merely burying his feelings about Chuck and that the dam would break any day now. And she really thought this was it. Seeing how convincing he was, that he maybe truly doesn’t care about Chuck anymore, that he even fooled her and maybe could fool her on the emotional front any time he wants...that was bound to be a disturbing revelation for her.
Exactly. Along with that line about how he got them to cry when Kim was also getting teary eyed. And I think he differed from the plan, he put away Chuck's letter so she thought it was sincere.

Exactly. Along with that line about how he got them to cry when Kim was also getting teary eyed. And I think he differed from the plan, he put away Chuck's letter so she thought it was sincere.
It's a testament to Odenkirk because in the moment I believed him too, even though in hindsight it's obvious it was going to end with Jimmy revealing himself to be Saul. That was last scene was perfect.

Even with the problems I have (mainly that there's not a single one connective tissue between Mike and Jimmy) I still think is one of the best things on tv right now, which is something I wouldn't normally forgive to any other show, but the writing, acting, cinematography, music, every damn thing is so good that at the end it doesn't make much difference.
I like that they brought back Chuck in some capacity, because it balances the character of Jimmy extremely well. Everything is closed now.
Speaking of that connective tissue we need between Mike and Jimmy, I think we just met it this season: Lalo.

Speaking of that connective tissue we need between Mike and Jimmy, I think we just met it this season: Lalo.

Yeah, Yeah I think so too. I was also wondering that he is, apparently, still alive during the events of Breaking Bad (Saul mentions him), so why isn't he around with all the Salamanca stuff in that show? He seems to be quite pro-active.

Seems possible he gets himself killed and Saul just isn't privy to that information.

Maybe he is in jail or something.

Werner was so damn frustrating. How ****ing dumb can you be?
Jimmy had me fooled too. I totally thought he was having a moment, I mean his grave site grieving was less convincing.

Poor Werner. I think he just underestimated the whole situation.

It's interesting to me that Jimmy didn't just fool Kim, he clearly assumed that she was on the same page as he was. I think the Saul-Kim relationship is going to be very interesting to watch.

Poor Werner. I think he just underestimated the whole situation.
Yeah, I feel like with Mike giving them those nice living-quarters within the facility and that rec area to let off steam, he maybe gave Werner a false sense of comfort and security with the whole situation. Like it felt like a mostly above-board, but top secret high-end business agreement - the kind where the worst consequences he'd consider would be them slapping him with a scary lawsuit, lol.

Even as Mike is staring him in the face trying to explain the gravity of the situation he still wasn't getting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"