Days of Future Past Billing order.

You think Fassbender is going to be before McAvoy?

Yes. And that could change of course as we get closer to next summer. But currently, Michael Fassbender is a little hotter than McAvoy and is trending better. But as I said, that could change.

Yes. And that could change of course as we get closer to next summer. But currently, Michael Fassbender is a little hotter than McAvoy and is trending better. But as I said, that could change.
I love Fassy and admit that he has more buzz but he doesn't have any hits outside First Class while McAvoy had Wanted. I could see it happening but I'm still unsure.

EDIT: Yeah Fassy was in Bastard's and 300 but he wasn't a lead like McAvoy was in Wanted. I'd say they are on a similar level right now with Fassy growing. I guess you could be right.

I love Fassy and admit that he has more buzz but he doesn't have any hits outside First Class while McAvoy had Wanted. I could see it happening but I'm still unsure.

EDIT: Yeah Fassy was in Bastard's and 300 but he wasn't a lead like McAvoy was in Wanted. I'd say they are on a similar level right now with Fassy growing. I guess you could be right.

Fassbender did "Shame". That was a breakthrough for him. And in some cases I think that put him on the map more than Wanted did for McAvoy. But we'll see.

I think James might be billed before Fass because he's Prof X.

Fassbener /McKellen will never be before McAvoy/Stewart.

The villain is never listed before the hero, and I don't see an X-Men film changing that.

I think James might be billed before Fass because he's Prof X.
Exactly. As much as star power plays a role in billing, there is still a precedent that has always been in place.

Fassbener /McKellen will never be before McAvoy/Stewart.

The villain is never listed before the hero, and I don't see an X-Men film changing that.

Exactly. As much as star power plays a role in billing, there is still a precedent that has always been in place.

Sooo that being said...is it fair to say that Jennifer Lawrence would be billed after Halle Berry? Storm is a protagonist and Mystique is...well, not one.

As much as I agree that mags will never be billed before prof x, there have been cases where the villain is billed before the hero, like the first two superman films, Batman, and Batman & Robin.

As much as I agree that mags will never be billed before prof x, there have been cases where the villain is billed before the hero, like the first two superman films, Batman, and Batman & Robin.

Yes, very true. Christopher Reeve was 2nd billed after Gene Hackman for the first Superman film. And wasn't Jack Nicholson billed before Michael Keaton in Batman 89?

Yes they were. And Arnold Schwarzenegger before George Clooney in Batman and Robin.

Was Chris Reeve even 2nd billed? I think it was Marlon Brando then Gene Hackman, then the Superman title, then Christopher Reeve.

And Faye Dunaway was billed before Helen Slater in Supergirl.

Last edited:
Fassbender did "Shame". That was a breakthrough for him. And in some cases I think that put him on the map more than Wanted did for McAvoy. But we'll see.
Nobody saw Shame though. Anyway I think The Batman is right about the heroes before the villains thing.

I can't think of one Superhero film from the 2000's that listed a name before the actual lead's. I guess that could be because we haven't gotten an Arnold and Hackman playing the villain while an unknown or lesser known plays the hero.

And I don't know where that leaves Lawrence in Days, it depends on how much Fox wants to pimp her new found popularity. She covered in blue make-up and prosthetics though so it's not like they can really have her face out there. I'm guessing that won't stop them.

Last edited:
Yes they were. And Arnold Schwarzenegger before George Clooney in Batman and Robin.

Was Chris Reeve even 2nd billed? I think it was Marlon Brando then Gene Hackman, then the Superman title, then Christopher Reeve.

And Faye Dunaway was billed before Helen Slater in Supergirl.

I think you're right about what I've bolded.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Nobody saw Shame though.

I did. :csad:

And I AM somebody, dammit!!!!! :cmad:

Nobody saw Shame though. Anyway I think The Batman is right about the heroes before the villains thing.

I can't think of one Superhero film from the 2000's that listed a name before the actual lead's. I guess that could be because we haven't gotten an Arnold and Hackman playing the villain while an unknown or lesser known plays the hero.

And I don't know where that leaves Lawrence in Days, it depends on how much Fox wants to pimp her new found popularity. She covered in blue make-up and prosthetics though so it's not like they can really have her face out there. I'm guessing that won't stop them.
They will probably do the mid transformation shot for promotional images.

They will probably do the mid transformation shot for promotional images.

lol Of course you are. I have to mentally prepare to see Fassy's junk...seriously though I haven't seen Shame yet.

Seeing Michael Fassbender nude may change your life. I now know exactly why his last name is Fassbender.

Think about it. :p

Hugh, Patrick, Ian and Halle have carried every major ensemble X-Men film except for one. Why should they take a back seat for those who haven't led the way for 13 years? It's an honor that I honestly don't believe Bryan will take from them.

I don't think it comes down to math and who carried more films in the past, it's about who leads -this- movie.

Considering that the film mostly takes place in the 70s and the original cast was shooting for a shorter amount of time, I don't think that the original stars will be leading this as much, other than Hugh Jackman.

It's a bit hard to say IMO. Fassbender definitely has more buzz right now but he's still far from being properly known. McAvoy had success with Wanted and Atonement a year before, but that was 5-6 years ago and other than FC nothing he's done since really caught either popular or critical fire. Plus I don't know if Wanted is really known as a James McAvoy movie or Angelina Jolie movie, despite the fact that Jolie's character is not the lead.

I'd agree that it's unlikely for Magneto to get billed above Professor X. If there was any time for that to happen IMO it'd be FC, in which Erik had the biggest arc of all the characters and did not become a villain until the end.

Last edited:
But currently, Michael Fassbender is a little hotter than McAvoy and is trending better. But as I said, that could change.
James McAvoy is getting a lot of buzz for playing Victor Frankenstein alongside the Harry Potter dude, and the film will be released next year. I would say he's pretty hot right now.

Apart from Narnia and some older stuff, James has always been a lead character in all the films he did. Even if he was tipped as supporting in The Last King of Scotland and The Last Station, he really wasn't. I think it says a lot about the interest he attracts from the industry, even when he's not doing blockbusters.

Later this year, other two films in which he's the lead will be released, Filth and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, with Jessica Chastain. Hopefully they'll attract some awards buzz; James more than deserves it.

Seeing Michael Fassbender nude may change your life.
If Clooney hadn't made that joke, it would hardly attract all that attention.:o
Plus Shame is such a unsatisfying film...the script is so feeble. Which is a shame (no pun intended), because the "sexual addiction" subject is an intriguing one. But I couldn't care less for the guy and/or his annoying sister.

Last edited:
Did Anna get a middle billing in TLS?! If so she'll probably get landed with that! I don't think necessarily alphabetical but like the top 5 as mentioned and Stewart and mckellens with the ands/withs

Anna got 5th billing in X3, Famke's billing from the first two movies.

Interesting, as top 5 tends to have the biggest to largest parts....plus they gave the and to Patrick Stewart.....I feel giving more likelihood of another 'and' billing with ian mckellen

Even that's a stretch. For instance, Halle was billed higher than Famke in every X-men film despite Famke having more screentime than Halle in most of them. Why? Because Halle was a box office draw. Billing orders, in cases like these do not always reflect the level of screentime an actor has. Quite often the top five billed will be the main actors followed by the biggest stars.

If anything the top five billing for this movie should be:

Hugh Jackman
James Mcavoy
Michael Fassbender
Jennifer Lawrence
Halle Berry

Hugh, Halle, and Jennifer are the biggest stars in the film and Hugh also has the added benefit of having a good amount of screen-time meaning that he may very well get top billing. James/Michael aren't box office draws but are the two main characters (supposedly) and so would be billed after followed by Halle and Jennifer the biggest female stars of the franchise, to round out the top 5 billing. This is how I would expect the billing of the film to be. Regardless of whether Nick has more screen-time or not I don't see why he would be billed higher than Halle or even Anna to be honest. He is about as big a draw as Shawn Ashmore, only difference being Nick gets more work in bigger films.

Just want to say that I was absolutely right about the billing order. :word:

Looks like Anna has sixth billing right after Halle.

So here it is at present.

Hugh Jackman

Xmen days of future past.

James Mcavoy.
Michael fassbender.
Jennifer Lawrence.
Halle berry Anna paquin
Ellen page peter dinklage.

And
Patrick Stewart ian mckellen

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online