Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadwick and Letitia talking about the suit
[YT]Y-Yt2ouspwg[/YT]

Im guessing that has new footage? Anyway while ilike the whole absorbing power the suit has I kinda feel it makes him overpowered a bit. I mean hes already bulletproof and now if you fight you basically give him power that he can use against you. The more you punch him the more power he absorbs so i hope theres a limit to that feature, also it makes him less vulnerable if you will. Hopefully they dont overuse it.

Last edited:
Im guessing that has new footage? Anyway while ilike the whole absorbing power the suit has I kinda feel it makes him overpowered a bit. I mean hes already bulletproof and now if you fight you basically give him power that he can use against you. The more you punch him the stronger he becomes so i hope theres a limit to that feature, also it makes him resort less to hand to hand combat if you will. Hopefully they dont overuse it.

Coates implemented that feature in his current run and there the suit could be overloaded and destroyed. Dunno if the same limit will be in the MCU.

I don't think it makes him OP. It's basically there for crowd control situations and maybe for larger enemies. Kinda like Iron Man having a giant wave beam that he can shoot out of his chest when need be.

Im guessing that has new footage? Anyway while ilike the whole absorbing power the suit has I kinda feel it makes him overpowered a bit. I mean hes already bulletproof and now if you fight you basically give him power that he can use against you. The more you punch him the more power he absorbs so i hope theres a limit to that feature, also it makes him less vulnerable if you will. Hopefully they dont overuse it.

There's only one maybe two new scenes but neither a spoiler. Most of the footage was filmed for the promo specifically.

The suit will likely have the same weakness as the comic suit where it can be overloaded with too much kinetic energy like during BP's fight with Iron Fist and recently during Coates' run.

Also the promo showed
Klaue's sonic blast partially destroying the suit before it regenerated. So it can be damaged.

That country also uses Republic...

Well, still not inseparable: there are a lot of democratic kingdoms (MCU Wakanda will be one, I guess) and North Korea is a People Republic, that's a slightly different concept that stems from Marxist proletarian dictatorship. And North Korea is not "democratic" even by those standards. :cwink:

Wakanda has advanced technology because it controls vibranium. That is where it comes from. I don't get how aliens and power stones from outerspace can be okay with you but Wakanda is the thing that jumps the shark.

lol, that is what some of the complaints have been about the concept in general.

About an African nation being so advanced. Some people have *****ed about it being too unrealistic and promoting SJW agendas or whatever.

Yeah. This film is going in a different direction. It's not gonna have the biting realism of Thor, Guardians of the galaxy, Ant Man and Doctor Strange.

The very nature of Vibranium is that it absorbs various types of energy.
Cap's shield has the same properties.

What T'Challa does with his suit is what we saw Cap do with his Shield in the first Avengers film when Thor tried to attack him. The difference with T'Challa's suit is that he has far more control of when and how that energy is released.

About an African nation being so advanced. Some people have *****ed about it being too unrealistic and promoting SJW agendas or whatever.

Yeah, there was a thread about it with people insisting Wakandan would need to be toned down. So for the general public has has no problem buying into Wakanda as it should be presented, people are just excited to see more of it.

It really is just a few people that have some sort of issues with it.

Okay but try asking any fan who the smartest people in the Marvel universe are and I can guarantee you that none of the characters you mentioned would even make their top 10.

true, but my point is that they do exist. The problem is that most of the people working for Marvel are either too small/narrow minded and too creative lazy to look for those characters and to actually do something interesting with those characters instead of using them as cannon fodder to fill up refrigerators by killing them off and/or maiming them.

I wonder if there's a neural link to the suit's various functions, or if it's voice-activated. Has that ever been addressed in the comics?

which concept?

The concept of a technologically advanced African country that came about without much Western influence. As someone else already mentioned, I find it hilarious (and a little insulting, but mostly hilarious) that people can apparently suspend disbelief for Iron Man's technological craziness, a man who turns into a giant green rage monster (who somehow never manages to destroy the pants and underwear he's wearing), the Norse pantheon being real aliens (who are just like humans ad conveniently speak perfect English with British accents), and a sentient talking tree man, but an independent, uncolonized African country with technology and infrastructure only about a quarter century ahead of the real world somehow "jumps the shark" for the MCU.

PLease people, don't let trolls come in here and derail discussion. Don't give them that luxury. Just ignore them and keep it moving.

"I can take big green men, gods, talking raccoons, but a highly advanced African country is too much"-such lazy bait LOL

I wonder if there's a neural link to the suit's various functions, or if it's voice-activated. Has that ever been addressed in the comics?

The concept of a technologically advanced African country that came about without much Western influence. As someone else already mentioned, I find it hilarious (and a little insulting, but mostly hilarious) that people can apparently suspend disbelief for Iron Man's technological craziness, a man who turns into a giant green rage monster (who somehow never manages to destroy the pants and underwear he's wearing), the Norse pantheon being real aliens (who are just like humans ad conveniently speak perfect English with British accents), and a sentient talking tree man, but an independent, uncolonized African country with technology and infrastructure only about a quarter century ahead of the real world somehow "jumps the shark" for the MCU.

Yep. That is an obvious troll and if not a troll, something much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"