Blue Ambitions: The Beast & Mystique X3 Thread

jpsketch said:
I had this same problem. It wasn't so bad with Evolution because the voices were still very similar. However, I will never except Bruces voice on The Batman. :mad: Kevin Conroy will always be Batman.

my mom went as far as to say "they should switch the batman voice actor for joker and the joker voice actor for batman"...man did i laugh

Angry Sentinel said:
Character Association.. makes sense, And I know exactly what you mean about James and Halle. I used to post on a Sci-fi board and when they argued about acting and directing and who who was bad or who was good, my main point was attitude. I know this goes to acting, but the main thing I would change about both those characters would be their voice portrayal of the character. Neither of them spoke in the mannerisms of their comic counterpart. I bet even the crappy lines that were used in those movies would have been 10x better had someone just showed James and Halle how to speak them better.
Precisly. Hell, even Rupaul could do a good job as Storm if given the right attitude about it. But the problem [at least with Halle] is that it'd be too little, too late. I simply CAN'T take her serious. She's little more than a parody of seriousness. Swordfish, Monster's Ball, even the X films, I can't take her seriously. It's like the casting director sat and said "How many hot black chicks can I think of? Halle Berry.........Halle Berry!! Call her!". Hell, even Stacy Dash would have been a good choice in terms of screen presence, except she still carries that baggage from her "Clueless" days.

CrawlerFan said:
He was featured in an episode or two actually, just one he was important to the story. They screwed him over in TAS, but oh well, the series was still the best darn animated series X-Men could have asked for.
I must agree. The writing was excellent, as were the voiceovers. And, to top it all off, that theme song kicked ass.

Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, NEEE NEE!! [Wahh Wahh!]

Drakon said:
Precisly. Hell, even Rupaul could do a good job as Storm if given the right attitude about it. But the problem [at least with Halle] is that it'd be too little, too late. I simply CAN'T take her serious. She's little more than a parody of seriousness. Swordfish, Monster's Ball, even the X films, I can't take her seriously. It's like the casting director sat and said "How many hot black chicks can I think of? Halle Berry.........Halle Berry!! Call her!". Hell, even Stacy Dash would have been a good choice in terms of screen presence, except she still carries that baggage from her "Clueless" days.

I must agree. The writing was excellent, as were the voiceovers. And, to top it all off, that theme song kicked ass.

Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, NEEE NEE!! [Wahh Wahh!]

Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nura..nrewo [Wahh Wahh!}

DUN dun dun DUN dun dun DO DA DA DE DA DO DUN dun dun DUN dun dun DO DA DA DE DA DO DUN dun dun DUN dun dun do da da de do DA NNUURRAHHHH

Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nura NNEERUUWAHH [AHHhhh]

Valorman said:
Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nee-nee, Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nura..nrewo [Wahh Wahh!}

DUN dun dun DUN dun dun DO DA DA DE DA DO DUN dun dun DUN dun dun DO DA DA DE DA DO DUN dun dun DUN dun dun do da da de do DA NNUURRAHHHH

Nee-ner-ee-ner-NEEEEEEE-nura NNEERUUWAHH [AHHhhh]

I love you. And so does Beast.

ulthank.gif

^ that was a "freakin" awesome theme! I used to get a chill when that show would come on.
*reminices about the good ol days*

She's little more than a parody of seriousness. Swordfish, Monster's Ball, even the X films, I can't take her seriously. It's like the casting director sat and said "How many hot black chicks can I think of? Halle Berry.........Halle Berry!! Call her!". Hell, even Stacy Dash would have been a good choice in terms of screen presence
It has been hard for me to take Halle serious. I think I was more impressed by her "Queen" performance because I would never have expected her to deliver that kind of emotion. The casting call was definitely a call for "cuteness" but I guess that's what they thought they needed at the time.

Stacy Dash??!! LOL... she would have invited Damon to be the Xmen DJ. Can you imagine that soundtrack....scary!!!

-weeps at pic of Ultimate Beast, pulls a Darth Vader- NOOOOO00000000 -gasp for air- OOOOOOOOO!

You guys can love me later. It's not the original, but it's a good copy of the original theme nonetheless.

Angry Sentinel said:
It has been hard for me to take Halle serious. I think I was more impressed by her "Queen" performance because I would never have expected her to deliver that kind of emotion. The casting call was definitely a call for "cuteness" but I guess that's what they thought they needed at the time.
I know. Part of me is sad that they had to resort to that, and the other part is sad that it worked. But alas. I'm willing to take one for the team if it means that I can potentially get what I want in the future.

Angry Sentinel said:
Stacy Dash??!! LOL... she would have invited Damon to be the Xmen DJ. Can you imagine that soundtrack....scary!!!
Oh my Stars and Garters! That'd be hilarious.

With that said, let's try to bring it back to topic.

CrawlerFan said:
-weeps at pic of Ultimate Beast, pulls a Darth Vader- NOOOOO00000000 -gasp for air- OOOOOOOOO!
Meh. Ultimate Beast wasn't so bad. Unless you're talking about
how he was killed. Or how so far, nobody from the ultimate line has come back from the dead.

Yes. I was talking about your spoiler tagged thingy. -nods- Yep. And now another has joined him, but I shall say no more just in case you haven't read the Ultimate X-Men Annual.

CrawlerFan said:
Yes. I was talking about your spoiler tagged thingy. -nods- Yep. And now another has joined him, but I shall say no more just in case you haven't read the Ultimate X-Men Annual.
Not yet,but I probably won't get to for a while. Care to elaborate? Spoiler-Tagged, of course.

ARGGGGHH my eyes why did I read the spoiler....NOOOO.. oh never mind.

*sentinel realizes he's tired of using the darth vader "No"*

Hey do you guys think mystique may not be the only person getting "cured" in the movie. The comics hint to Beast interest in changing his appearance several times.

I think Beast isn't the one we have to worry about, but Rogue, I remember that in one part of the AICN script review that they said she was thinking about getting it so she could touch Bobby and such.

................................................................. OMG

i did want to know that......but....OMG...OOOMMMGGGG

are they killing everyone who hasint died "or hasint with real signifigance or for a long period of time" in the ultimate universe..first beast..now this

dear god.i think storms next

I hope not at Storm. I hope she comes back during Singer's run. Wait...Singer hates Storm. :( Oh, crap.

CrawlerFan said:
I think Beast isn't the one we have to worry about, but Rogue, I remember that in one part of the AICN script review that they said she was thinking about getting it so she could touch Bobby and such.
I could see that, but I also could see that being one of the things easily changed. You know to throw us off. And beast has been used in just about every "Serum" story the Xmen has ever had. They always have him in the same capacity... ambiguous about being big blue! I think this may be a new plot twist they are trying to keep secret.

that'd be amazing.

Retro i would marry you if i could

Its a very cool concept - but it doesnt look very much like Kelsey. If the artist rendered it with Kelsey's likeness but in the same beast style - then I'm not sure itd look so good. Then again - the mouth is quite similar and the forehead is big enough - maybe if it had a squarer jaw itd be more like him. Nice though - cant wait for the official photo! You all reckon it'll be in uniform, in a lab coat and trunks, in shorts and t-shirt, or in beige pants and flannel shirt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"