• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight BOF: No TDK at WW Chicago?!

TDK out of Wizard World? Jeez. Sure, the movie's a year away, so this is hardly a huge advertising error. But it is a disappointment to all the fans eagerly awaiting the film.

when will people stop saying to some fans here that they should stop whining and complaiing. should we stop talking and go away or what? there is an ignore function. use it.

The Spider-Man 3 teaser, even if it revealed a bit too much, created a lot of hype and buzz, so I don't think you're right, Excel.

Spidey 3 also had an ad budget of 70 milliion bucks. Insane. Even with all the money it made, Sony barely made a profit.

It would be ridiculous to EXPECT something like that.

Well, Excel, it's rumored that Batman Begins had an ad budget of 100 million bucks, so... ya know, even if I don't know where the hell all that money went with BB.

Based on people's behavior with the teaser, I hope WB DOES pull out of this......

Well, Excel, it's rumored that Batman Begins had an ad budget of 100 million bucks, so... ya know, even if I don't know where the hell all that money went with BB.

No way in hell that's true.

^what? It was 44 million, and is a perfect example of how to NOT use it correctly. It was actually bigger than Superman Returns ad budget, but you never would have known it.

^what? It was 44 million, and is a perfect example of how to NOT use it correctly. It was actually bigger than Superman Returns ad budget, but you never would have known it.

and it looks like they're going the same route, lets just hope we get a good movie out of it too.

and it looks like they're going the same route, lets just hope we get a good movie out of it too.

No, I wouldn't say that yet. BEGINS had a horrible teaser while the new one seems pretty good. I think some people need to learn what a "teaser" is.

Aside, TDK's budget is undoubtedly bigger then BEGINS was, and while for BEGINS having the name BATMAN in it meant nothing, now it means alot. Plus, it has the Joker...

A logo is not a teaser, but anyway TDK is following the same trend as BB did, show as little as possible and hope people will come in see it b/c it has batman in the title.................oh yeah thats right, it doesnt......:)

Perhaps they'll mistake it for a sequel to A Knights Tale :cwink:

Actually a Logo is a Teaser just look what they had for Batman Forever. IT was Nine secounds.

Actually a Logo is a Teaser just look what they had for Batman Forever. IT was Nine secounds.

Yes and we should all follow schumacher and his wonderful interpretation of Batman.................They did that b/c if they showed movie footage no one would want to see Forever, just look at B&R's drop

The only window marketing matters is in the 6 month period before the movie comes out. Anything beyond that is just fan fodder.

BEGINS had a horrible teaser while the new one seems pretty good.
Change up the words and I might agree with you: "BEGINS had a phenomenal teaser while the new one seems fairly mediocre."

Well what about T3 all it was pretty much was liquid disloving into a T3. People have forgotten what a Teaser was.

Well what about T3 all it was pretty much was liquid disloving into a T3. People have forgotten what a Teaser was.

Exactly, it seems everybody is spoiled now.

Well, boo-frickin'-hoo.........

well, I think in todays time tho, people are less perceptive and dont really get "it". Unless they are shown what it is they are supposed to be seeing, they will completely misinterpret it. The audience wants something grand, not some lame emblem with a date. The general movie goer just rolls their eyes.

It did? I wasn't aware that making $433 million on a production budget of $200 million was a bomb. Please advise.

150 domestic, thats all execs really care about, you know how much it costs to run it overseas......

and T3 tanked horribly at the box office too

Well that's not really the point is it? I wasn't talking about T3 doing bad at the Box Office this was about Teasers being Logos which you said they couldn't be.

So based on your theory because of this Laser Logo Light Show The Dark Knight is going to dish out it will cause it to do bad in the Box Office? Give me a break do you people really seem to want the Movie spoiled for you already when it doesn't come out until July next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"