Clone Wars "Bonus Content"

That's some pretty good news in that article, seems like there may be more arcs than initially thought, and that arc in the clip with the downed ship in the sandstorm and Lightsaber discovery on board promises to be an intriguing mystery that will perhaps make the whole Sifo-Dyas part of ATOC a bit clearer.

Loved hearing that piece of the Mustafar score again as well, so atmospheric.

Filoni always comes over as a cool and likable guy who truly loves Star Wars.

Yeah, Filoni is a cool dude. I think he did great with CW and should be very proud.

I'm looking forward to the stuff we didnt get to see. I get the feeling it's gonna be awesome :woot:

That scene was epic, holy **** I want this show back. The animation was just incredible.

That's some pretty good news in that article, seems like there may be more arcs than initially thought, and that arc in the clip with the downed ship in the sandstorm and Lightsaber discovery on board promises to be an intriguing mystery that will perhaps make the whole Sifo-Dyas part of ATOC a bit clearer.

Loved hearing that piece of the Mustafar score again as well, so atmospheric.

I thought the clip was amazing...the animation, the use of the score from the prequels...it makes me all the more angry at Disney for pulling the plug on this series. They had just reached their stride visually.

Granted, the show wasn't without its flaws. It struggled with consistency, and when it was bad, it was bad (I'm looking at you, "A Sunny Day In The Void!"). But when it was good, they produced some of the most compelling Star Wars stories since the films.

Still, I can't wait to watch this Sifo-Dyas/Order 66 arc. Lucasfilm is really pushing this "May The 4th Be With You" thing this year...much moreso than in years past. I think we may get something this Saturday.

Filoni always comes over as a cool and likable guy who truly loves Star Wars.

Yeah, Filoni is a cool dude. I think he did great with CW and should be very proud.

I'm definitely a Filoni guy...he's a true fan of the saga. I'm glad they kept him on staff despite all of the layoffs, and I'm looking forward to whatever this new animated project is that he'll be working on.

I sure wonder how we are going to get this content, either a dvd/Blu-ray release or on the Season 5 set?

It would make sense to have a bonus disc on the season 5 set with all of this stuff.

I sure wonder how we are going to get this content, either a dvd/Blu-ray release or on the Season 5 set?

That's the question, isn't it? DVD/Blu-ray? StarWars.com? ITunes? Hulu? Netflix? Youtube? Special on Disney XD?

It would make sense to have a bonus disc on the season 5 set with all of this stuff.
Considering it may be an entire half season, plus the cut Season 5 episodes, I'd bet it'll be a separate release. I just hope it isn't online only. I'd imagine the DVD set would need more than one disk, the Blu could probably get by with one. but I imagine it would also cause the price on Season 5 to raise quite a bit. We'll see I suppose.

Lucasfilm is really pushing this "May The 4th Be With You" thing this year...much moreso than in years past. I think we may get something this Saturday.

Or, maybe not! lol

The Clone Wars Bonus Content News & Rumors: Ten Episodes According to Kevin Kiner

The Clone Wars composer Kevin Kiner recently gave an interview with the Full of Sith podcast in which he reveals a bit about the planned Star Wars: The Clone Wars "Bonus Content."

In the episode titled, "Special Release: Kevin Kiner" released on June 11, 2013 at approximately 20 minutes into the episode, Kiner talked about his work on the bonus content.

"We have about ten shows that we're still working on, that are going to be part of this special material. And even hopefully there is going to be a soundtrack record as part of this special material. We'll see they're in negotiations about that so we're not positive that's going to happen. "

Ten episodes means we are likely only getting three story arcs or three story arcs and a stand alone episode. Of course he said "still working on" so it may be even more assuming they aren't working on the Clovis arc which we assume was completed because it was planned to be mid-season five originally.

The three Clovis arc episodes are "An Old Friend," "The Rise of Clovis," and "Crisis at the Heart." These episodes were 4.19-21 in production order meaning they were produced at the end of the season four batch of episodes. They were originally scheduled to be episodes 6 through 8 of season five.

This could mean that we are getting the Clovis arc (3 episodes) plus an additional 10 episodes. The Order 66 arc (4 episodes?) and a Sifo-Dyas arc (4 episodes?), and then 2 more unknown episodes. Star Wars Underworld captured a Twitter discussion from TCW writer Matt Michnovetz which seems to confirm that he believes the Order 66 arc and the Sifo-Dyas arc are both 4 episodes in length. It is also important to keep in mind that there are two arcs that we know about that may or may not be getting finished, one of Michnovetz's Bounty Hunter arc and the other is the Yoda arc. The Disney Star Wars Weekends clip of Yoda and Anakin from the bonus content may have been from another arc, not the Yoda arc that has been discussed by TCW cast and crew.

The other interesting aspect of what Kiner had to say was connecting the soundtrack and the bonus content. Could it be a DVD/Blu-ray plus soundtrack combo pack?

http://lightsaberrattling.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-clone-wars-bonus-content-news.html

That sounds very promising, I really hope we get that Yoda arc and the Bounty Hunter's arc on top of the big Sifo Dyas and Order 66 arcs. I can't see why Disney would not release these as it's license to print even more money.

I cant agree more the Yoda and BH arcs must be part of this Bonus stuff..

10 episodes sounds amazing to me! :woot:

Another goodie for those going to Celebration Europe :csad: http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/W...&campaignid=61769063&iusercampaignid=76621688

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Exclusive Screening to Launch its Transformative Fifth Season Only at Celebration Europe

Star Wars: The Clone Wars fans will have an opportunity to participate in a once-in-a-lifetime event at Celebration Europe. Scheduled for two screenings only, those lucky enough to secure a seat will experience one of the most epic Clone Wars story arcs of all time in a feature-length theatrical format.

Season five episodes "Revival," “Eminence," “Shades of Reason," and “The Lawless," featuring the hypnotically evil and legendary Darth Maul, have been edited together into a special director’s cut specifically for Celebration attendees. This special story arc will screen on the Celebration Digital Stage in Halle Essen in the Congress Center Ost. This stage was especially created for an optimal viewing experience, with Barco digital projection and 5.1 surround sound.

Fans can also learn more about the making of the series during the Secrets of Star Wars: The Clone Wars panel on the Behind-The-Scenes Stage, hosted by Lucasfilm’s resident Star Wars expert Pablo Hidalgo. Supervising Director Dave Filoni will share behind-the-scenes stories and answer your questions about the ground-breaking production.

Currently the Darth Maul story arc is set for 17:00 (5:00pm) on both Friday and Saturday on the Digital Stage. Secrets of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is scheduled for 15:00 (3:00pm) Friday on the Behind-The-Scenes Stage. Schedules might change, so check the online schedule and the Celebration Europe mobile app for the latest updates.

Hopefully the behind the scenes stuff we can get as bonus features for season 5 dvd or something!

I would love a theatrical version of that arc on the Season 5 set as well.

Well, season 5 dvd news just dropped and no mention of the finished season 6 episodes and so forth, this pisses me off.

Indeed, nothing about that yet :cmad:. I find it funny that they put Obi-Wan in the cover, considering how little the used him :whatever: looks good though :woot:

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/54707

998745_208553675969889_1126421936_n.jpg

STAR WARS: The Clone Wars Season 5 on Blu-ray

Breaking news from Star Wars Celebration: Europe. The Clone Wars Season 5 on Blu-ray and DVD will be hitting shelves on October 15, 2013.

Additionally, there will be a box set containing all 5 seasons.

There’s still no word on how the Bonus Content (which would have been Season 6) would be released. According to The Star Wars Underworld, Pablo Hidalgo mentioned that they’re still trying to come up with ways to put out as much of it as possible, but no decisions have been made. They’re even considering releasing it with some unfinished animation.

Watch this space for more information about when the Blu-rays will be available for preorder.

And here’s a suggestion: We all want the complete collection and the art book and everything, right?

Why don’t we all preorder Season 5 AND the complete set. Then we should pass our individual boxes off to others so they can love The Clone Wars as much as we do. You don’t even have to give them away if you don’t want, just loan them out. This show deserves to be seen by everyone.

From StarWars.com:

Just announced at Star Wars Celebration Europe: the Star Wars: The Clone Wars box sets you’re looking for.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Five, the final season of the hit series, will release on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (2-disc, $59.97 MSRP) and DVD (3-disc, $49.98 MSRP). The collection delivers all 20 episodes, two as director’s cuts never seen on TV, and supplements them with a host of behind the scenes bonus materials, cast and crew interviews, and deleted and alternate scenes, revealing the magic behind the making of the cutting-edge series.

In its Emmy-winning fifth season, the gripping Star Wars story moves closer to the grim events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and several major players face their destinies as the galaxy plunges into darkness. Planets are rocked by revolution, ancient Jedi secrets are explored, and Ahsoka Tano — the spirited Padawan so central to the series — faces a major crisis that will change her forever.

For those wanting to relive every moment of the epic series from the beginning comes the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Collector’s Edition, also releasing on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (14-disc, $149.99 MSRP) and DVD (19-disc, $119.98 MSRP). All previous complete season sets have been collected here for the first time. With unique packaging, the Collector’s Edition also includes a brand new 54-page Art of The Clone Wars booklet that showcases concept art from across all five seasons, with many pieces never before published.

I'll probably get the complete set in October.

The complete lack of news regarding the "Lost episodes" is disappointing. I thought at thew very lkeast the Padme/Anakin/Clovis arc would be on the season 5 set. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"