Clone Wars "Bonus Content"

I don't suppose anyone has any idea when these Lost Missions will be release in the U.K on Blu-Ray? Or does the U.S Blu-Ray work on our systems? I wouldn't mind getting them, because I haven't managed to see them yet, but they don't seem to be available for purchase here yet.

I bought the set from Amazon at the link below and it works fine on my Blu Ray player which is a few years old.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Missions-Blu-ray-Import/dp/B00NV6K02S/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

I was looking at that before, and I did find out it is meant to be region free, so I might just. It is a shame, because I bought some films today, and then I found out the episodes were available on Blu-Ray. I wish I had ordered that instead.

Thanks for letting me know.

I got my blu-ray this week finally, so i plan on watching this weekend :woot:

I really enjoyed this arc! One of the things I always wanted to see in the prequels was the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I wanted to see Anakin be the "good friend" that Old Ben was telling Luke about in A New Hope. The Clone Wars helped flesh that relationship out, but I was still hoping they'd explore their friendship/camaraderie even further. This Utapau arc is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for. I particularly liked Anakin confiding in Obi-Wan while expressing remorse over the Ahsoka situation. I'm glad they showed it was weighing on him.

I wish the animation could have been completed, but I'm grateful for what we got!
Wholeheartedly agree with you after watching these episodes again in the blu-ray. So much fun, i found myself laughing at some of the light moments of Anakin and Obi-Wan and also the intense one over Anakin's regrets with Ahsoka. I really wish they could have been completed also, but it was still fun seeing them.

The documentary about CW was also very touching. Shows how hard everyone work to make it happen and how sad it was for them when it ended. Thankfully we have Rebels.

Is that unfinished arc ever going to be properly animated? Knowing it is canon but has such poor animation feels like a void.

Dear god, why couldnt they give CW another full season? why, WHY!? :waa: ok, i'm done now :oldrazz:. Looking forward to seeing that eventually.

Can't they simply be given the budget to finish those unreleased episodes instead of just releasing the unfinished animations? They're acknowledging these stories as canon, so in the very least, they should be properly finished.

Can't they simply be given the budget to finish those unreleased episodes instead of just releasing the unfinished animations? They're acknowledging these stories as canon, so in the very least, they should be properly finished.
Because the animation on TCW was really, really expensive. George gave them a limitless budget. Look at the animation on Rebels for comparison. Just not worth the money for Disney or LF, but I wish they would do it.

Because the animation on TCW was really, really expensive. George gave them a limitless budget. Look at the animation on Rebels for comparison. Just not worth the money for Disney or LF, but I wish they would do it.

They don't have to finish them with the same level of animation as TCW. Finish them with the same budget an episode of Rebels gets. Sure they'd be visually different from the rest of TCW, but right now in their unfinished state they are in terrible shape. Anything would be an improvement.

But I accept that that is unlikely to happen. Maybe down the road, if Disney ever decides to have another Clone Wars series they might would, but until then they just don't have the incentive to spend money on finishing those episodes when they could spend that money on episodes of Rebels.

Last edited:
Any news when we're getting Bad Batch??

(also I didn't know we had a TCW forum! Yay!)

Any news when we're getting Bad Batch??

(also I didn't know we had a TCW forum! Yay!)

Its on youtube already. And yeah Disney pockets are really tight with animation (ironic in more than one way) , rebels feels like a clear downgrade visually. characters don't wear cloth anymore, crowds are in existent, re used locations and small looking sets. I appreciate what they do with the budget , its truly admirable cause the talent involved is great but they have their hands tied to do a lot of stuff.

At least Vader will have a cape, but he will be the only one. I dont remember the budget for each CW episode but it was insane, no studio would have the balls to put that money to make a mini movie each week, its not profitable and the CW weren't profitable by the end. The quality kept rising but they went for the cheaper version. Still its not like Disney is short on cash, you could at least finish the series in netflix downloads, its the least the crew deserves that worked years on it. We will have to wait and see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"