Bought/Thought 19/12/07

Bachalo's most recent work during the crossover has been the best of his that I've seen.

I finished the Supernovas hardcover and the X-Men: First Class trade. Now I just need to get Blinded by the Light, which I think I'll do today and read over my holiday vacation.

I know. But I weathered his arc in Supernovas well enough, so I'll manage. How many issues between #201 and 205 does Bachalo draw?

That's what I've been trying to tell you. You're going to have to be strong. :(

I'll look for the back-issues of the First Class ongoing while I'm at the shop to balance it out. I'd forgotten X-Men comics could be so fun. Plus, Parker's kind enough to even include an explanation for the different costumes and provide some references to the X-Men's normal costumes from that period. It's forced as hell, but in kind of a self-referential, funny way. :)

Really? What's the explanation? I've been itching to start picking up that book, myself.

Xavier just designed a second set of costumes as back-ups for the kids. The normal suits (which, by my calculations, should be the X-Men's second set of uniforms, since Jean mentions her "pointy mask") have been either damaged or being washed or Dr. Strange just magically conjured up the "2.0" suits (those are the First Class ones), etc.

So these are the suits they wore when they weren't appearing in the original run?

Pretty much. The stories all seem to take place between established stories, too. Parker knows his stuff.

The solicits are cute. And for as much I used to despise Cruz, his art looks colorful and simple.

I never liked Cruz before either, but he shored up his style and really learned to tell a good story. The only problem I have with him now is that it seems like he doesn't really plan things out by the script, 'cause there's a lot of panels where someone's talking off-panel.

Could be a language barrier thing. I don't think Cruz speaks much English, if any.

Sweet lord, either Diamond or UPS fubar'd the shipment to my store this week.

No... comics? What? I don't...

Someone hold me?

Glad someone else besides me is starting to admire the simple charm of Parker/Cruz's X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. :up:

Glad someone else besides me is starting to admire the simple charm of Parker/Cruz's X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. :up:

It looks interesting, but with my X-title list including Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, X-Factor, Cable & Deadpool, Astonishing X-Men, New X-Men, and Wolverine, I think my pull list has enough X-titles.

And with New X-Men and Cable & Deadpool getting cancelled along with dropping Astonishing X-Men once Whedon is done, I think my wallet could use a little break. After all I just gotta get Immortal Iron Fist, the Incredible Hercules, Captain America, Thor, Nova, Avengers: The Initiative, the thrice monthly Amazing Spider-Man, Punisher: War Journal along with my DC titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"