Bought/Thought 28/11/07

come to think of it,I don't think MK could be switched with guys like DD or Wolvie in this issue,the woman he saved became driven for vengeance and actually killed the guy,I don't see that happening with guys like Wolvie and DD

Wolverine probably would have killed the rapist himself. But the woman choosing vengeance really had nothing to do with Moon Knight personally. He just happened to be the random vigilante who saved her and then went after the rapist. The story would have essentially been the same, aside for a few words, if Daredevil or someone else was in it.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a good read. I'm just saying that stories like that won't help Moon Knight overcome his stigma, which is that he's "a poor man's Daredevil/Batman". Huston has avoided that by playing him off as bat-**** insane, which works I guess.

Four Horsemen
It was a pretty solid issue, with good old Morrisonesque Bat-God getting in some good looks, and Superman finally not being a puss--Oh Good Christ, there's two flies in my glass of wine! What the **** is this ****? I leave the room for thirty Goddamned minutes for choir rehearsal, and two flies ass out in my wine glass.

ASSBAR
Woo, the Joker. Best issue of the series. It seemed like Miller was actually trying to tell a Batman story, instead of some one-dimensional prank on comic book readers. Still could do without the incessant "this punk's getting on my nerves" and "what a stupid, unhep old man" jibber-jabber, but I'm starting to feel that I should take what I can get from Frank Miller.

Batman
MAN I love this crossover. Best Bat-crossover in years, maybe ever. And this one's another good installment in the story. Great reveal about the Sensei, and the look on Batman's face is priceless. Sweet final splash as well to tease you for the next installment.

Authority Prime
Is there anything to dislike about an entire issue of The Authority fighting Stormwatch? No. No there is not. Can't quite figure out if Hawksmoor and the other fella checked out towards the end there, or if they're just hurtin' bad, but again, a sweet final splash.

Batman and the Outsiders
I don't care what Tony Isabella says, the series is off to a good start, and while I'm sad to see J'onn and Cats depart, I love to see Batgirl beat the **** out of Thunder.

Blue Beetle
Haven't read it yet.

Countdown
SURPRISE! Even MORE actual progress on the Piper/Trickster storyline! And I'm pretty sure 100% Superman-Prime-FREE!

Lord Havok
Another solid issue from a solid mini. The Marvel satire reminds me of why I like DC ever so much better.

Crime Bible
Haven't read it yet.

Death of the New Gods
The hits keep on comin'! Starlin's doing a solid job of putting a coda on the often-up, often-down life of the New Gods and the Fourth World. I really hope the killer doesn't turn out to be who I think it is though.

Gotham Underground
Gotham mob bosses are back. Spoiler is back. Robin being Robin is back. Matches Malone (and another guy just like him) is back. A Batman title kicking solid, workmanlike ass is back.

Green Lantern Corps
I feel Ion should have fared better than that against Superman-Prime, but apparently there's still more Superman-Prime stories to tell. Still, it was a fine issue and left me waiting for the finale.

Teen Titans
This story is going GREAT! Man, I'm having so much fun reading comics this week!

Cable/Deadpool
Didn't need this issue to convince me, but it does drive home the point that the endless, fruitless world-hopping going on in Countdown is a bit inane. And of course, it's just another brilliant Cable/Deadpool issue from Fabian Nicieza.

X-Men
With Messiah Complex and Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul (not to mention Sinestro Corps) currently going strong, I'm in hog heaven. I can't recall a time in the past when so many such strong, solid, tasty crossovers have been all concurrently been given me so much to look forward to each week in an ongoing, tight narrative.

Gotham Underground
Gotham mob bosses are back. Spoiler is back. Robin being Robin is back. Matches Malone (and another guy just like him) is back. A Batman title kicking solid, workmanlike ass is back.

Right? When i pick up a Batman book, THIS is the kind of stuff i expect to read! :batty: :up:

Does anyone know where I can find pics of All-star Batman & Robin Joker. I heard Jim Lee draws him a bit different than he usually does.

ALL_STAR_BATMAN_AND_ROBIN_THE_BOY_W.png

Thanks Anubis.

Not really into the tattoo (although its well done) But the face is definitely an improvement over Hush Joker. I like the exaggerated nose and chin but it was just extreme in Hush.

If you liked the Batman animated series from the '90s, then yes, you should check out more issues. Dini's run feels just like B:TAS, only retrofitted to make sense in DC's current continuity.

I stuck with 'Tec from Dini's first issue to the final Zatanna 2 parter.I'm not interested in all the Ra's stuff so I dropped it in the meantime.

Yeah, I've dropped it for the duration of the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul storyline. It's beyond me how anyone could find that **** interesting. Ra's' whole deal is that he resurrects. How is yet another of his returns an event?

The thing is, he's a Zombie now. Yeah didn't do much for me either....:o

All he does now is tell Batman how Spider-Man could totally kick his ass. :up:

Right? When i pick up a Batman book, THIS is the kind of stuff i expect to read! :batty: :up:
Exactly. I know it all ties into Countdown in it's way, but it doesn't FEEL like it. It feels like I'm just reading a story arc in a Batman ongoing. Reading Gotham Underground feels like what reading Batman comics used to feel like, when they just had solid writers doing solid stories. I love Morrison, but I'm ready for just some good old Batman vs. the criminal element.

What the hell? Since when is the Joker into Japanese ink?
Since Batman got into child abuse, I think.

Are you not reading Dini's Detective Comics?
Even that doesn't really feel like Batman comics used to.

Yeah, I've dropped it for the duration of the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul storyline. It's beyond me how anyone could find that **** interesting. Ra's' whole deal is that he resurrects. How is yet another of his returns an event?
The story is really much less about the resurrection than it is about surrounding events (Nanda Parbat, the Sensei, Tim Drake, Damien Wayne, etc.)

Losing his crowbar completely strips him of his powers. He's a regular dude with average strength. Hence, the shortlived DD beatdown.

Every writer doesn't seem to follow that rule. I've seen him fight without it. And since he can share his power with the rest of the wrecking crew and they don't need a crowbar, it doesn't really make sense that he would have to have to always hold the crowbar.

At the time of the punches, the Wrecker was without his crowbar. Keeping in mind that his crowbar is the source of his power, DD can do some pretty considerable damage. I don't know what RockSP is going on about.

You act like I was screaming bloody murder or something. I commented on something I found silly in the comic. That is allowed.

Superman Annual #13: I've been trying to get back into the character, and decided to buy this. My sentiment on the issue itself is mixed; while Superman can work well with magical beings, Arion just doesn't come across as a threat. Khyber might be a nice thread for another day, but that's another situation where the being facing Supes in the future doesn't seem very imposing. The picnic was good, though. Seeing the Kents together as a family almost made me warm up a bit to Chris' existence in Superman's life.

The Immortal Iron Fist #10: Again, Fraction and Brubaker rack up the intrigue and open us up for what will undoubtedly be a conflict worth following in the issues to come. I like the twists in regards to the female ninja we saw last issue, and HYDRA isn't just a write-off threat right now. I liked this issue, as I have the previous ones. I am still waiting for some dramatic conflict, though.

Nova #8: I missed a few issues, but Abnett and Lanning are good at bringing you up to speed. Maybe it's just because I'm a fan, but...biomechanical surroundings? A Luminal with mandibles? It looks more like Richard wandered into the AVP universe than a Celestial's head. Nevertheless, it had some really good parts. The comedy was good, the action didn't leave me wanting, Richard's thoughts on incinerating the space zombie acted as a nice touch, and it sets us up at the end (as if the question as to what severed a Celestial head isn't enough) for another good issue. Overall, it's a great issue that's worth recommending.

am i the only one thinks the nurse thats taking care of lily is working for Dr.Fear. doping her with drugs is a good method to slip her some fear gas or whatever so when the trial comes she'll be bat insane.

Superman Annual #13: I've been trying to get back into the character, and decided to buy this. My sentiment on the issue itself is mixed; while Superman can work well with magical beings, Arion just doesn't come across as a threat. Khyber might be a nice thread for another day, but that's another situation where the being facing Supes in the future doesn't seem very imposing. The picnic was good, though. Seeing the Kents together as a family almost made me warm up a bit to Chris' existence in Superman's life.

The Immortal Iron Fist #10: Again, Fraction and Brubaker rack up the intrigue and open us up for what will undoubtedly be a conflict worth following in the issues to come. I like the twists in regards to the female ninja we saw last issue, and HYDRA isn't just a write-off threat right now. I liked this issue, as I have the previous ones. I am still waiting for some dramatic conflict, though.

Nova #8: I missed a few issues, but Abnett and Lanning are good at bringing you up to speed. Maybe it's just because I'm a fan, but...biomechanical surroundings? A Luminal with mandibles? It looks more like Richard wandered into the AVP universe than a Celestial's head. Nevertheless, it had some really good parts. The comedy was good, the action didn't leave me wanting, Richard's thoughts on incinerating the space zombie acted as a nice touch, and it sets us up at the end (as if the question as to what severed a Celestial head isn't enough) for another good issue. Overall, it's a great issue that's worth recommending.

are you reading All Star Superman?

am i the only one thinks the nurse thats taking care of lily is working for Dr.Fear. doping her with drugs is a good method to slip her some fear gas or whatever so when the trial comes she'll be bat insane.

i was rereading Bru's post Cell Block run today,and that's one of the things I noticed,very likely

feel bad for matt tho, he shouldknow Dr.Far wouldn't be that easy on him. Hopefully he wises up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"