Bought/Thought 5/17--Spoilers to come!

huh, I thought it was 18 pages

But yeah, that's the absolutely AWESOME thing about the series - every issue is a completely stand alone story, you can literally pick up any random issue and jump in

that, and the $1.99 price sticker

plus, Ellis throws supplemental material into the back of every issue, usually some samples of his script for that issue, or an essay of some sort. Very nice :up:

issue #5 - that came out this week - the entire issue just takes place in an interrogation room, and it's bloody brilliant

Every issue is it's own story, yes

Ellis did something similar with Global Frequency and Planetary

I was also interested in picking this up also but I thought I would be too behind to read it. Thanks for telling me :up:

The Ether said:
I was also interested in picking this up also but I thought I would be too behind to read it. Thanks for telling me :up:
no problem, you won't be disappointed :up:

I have sinned....I bought ASB&R

Colossal Spoons said:
^That'll be 3 Hail Marys.

you want me to throw a football like Doug Flutie????

WOLVERINE25TH said:
BOUGHT:

THOUGHT:
52 #2 - The mysteries deepen as the story begins to unfold. Has my interest so far. Let's see if it pans out with 50 more issues to go.

Marvel Adventures Avengers 1 - Not bad, but felt a bit rushed. And silly. What I would've liked was an explanation on this all-new, all-different team. It's not the Avengers, and it's not the NEW Avengers. It's a completely different Avengers with a completely different government status and completely different Ultron. Maybe I missed the seeds for this in the other MA titles. But, what the hell, at least their first story lasted a SINGLE issue, so I'll check it out to see if yet another writer can do a superior Avengers tale to Bendis.

Superman/Batman 25 - And so all the questions are answered. Joker's cosmic game. All the cross-time-world things. All the duplicates. 25 issues to tell one very long story whose plot I was NEVER able to follow 100%. I'm just glad it's finally over...now, can we have some more grounded stories, please?

X-Man Fairy Tales 1 - Different, give it that much. Although we shouldn'ta been surprised about it's solicitation after the Uncanny X-Men they reprinted in Milestones. Nice little segway into this.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what Marvel Adventures was suppose to be (reprints, a new NA series, etc...). I guess it's neither so I'll just skip it. I was having my doubts about 52, but so far it's getting interesting. One question though, on Superman/Batman, is this series over or is this the end of the first story arc? It looks like I'll pick up X-Man Fairy Tales (a few people commented on it already).
As for X-Men, it was nice that the NA appeared, however, it would of been nicer if they actually did something (Capt and Spidey taking on Apocalypse maybe).

Spidey Rules 2 said:
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what Marvel Adventures was suppose to be (reprints, a new NA series, etc...). I guess it's neither so I'll just skip it. I was having my doubts about 52, but so far it's getting interesting. One question though, on Superman/Batman, is this series over or is this the end of the first story arc? It looks like I'll pick up X-Man Fairy Tales (a few people commented on it already).
As for X-Men, it was nice that the NA appeared, however, it would of been nicer if they actually did something (Capt and Spidey taking on Apocalypse maybe).

Batman/Superman will continue under a different writer. That was Loeb's last issue. The next issue will be the one his son did before he passed away.

The Marvel Adventures: The Avengers is the made for kids Avengers comic, that is why it reads so fast and seems corny. Sad that Marvel underestimates kids like that.

Anyway, Marvel Adventures is its own universe, where you also have Spider Man and the FF. I am not sure who else has been introduced yet.

Superman/Batman #25-Im still confused but it was a pretty fun ride. Did anyone else laugh at the appearnace of this guy?

BLACKSUPES.jpg

I almost didnt notice him but I saw a black guy with the stache, seriously was laughing for like 5 minutes.

glad to see fell getting some love.

and good to see someone bought the poe book too. Marvel should do more of stuff like that.

Robin- To corp and leauger (I told you so) but that cant be cassandra, for the same reasons as stated before on the 1st page.

superman batman #25 -dont ask me whey but i liked it, sue me.

all star batman #4- still slow paced but i still like it way better than ASS

52 #2 it had lesbos. :up:
i didnt lik eit so much because that history of the dcu takes too much space.

Didnt read

Origins #2
Ms Marvel #3

I post on the Newsarama boards and there are a lot of people that actually like All-Star Batman and Robin :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"