Bought/Thought January 28th *spoilers*

Someone needs to kill the **** out of that mutha****in' series, preferably with a mutha****in' tank gun in place of their ****in' arm, mutha****a!

The post-SI issues of DA and NA have been better than MA, IMO.
Ugh, how? I just want to kill Norman Osborn. That's all I want to do. It's like watching the first season of the US version of The Office. I just hate everyone. It's not enjoyable. It's not fun. It's not interesting. I just want the poor guy with anal fissures to come in and shoot everyone, because they're all terrible people. That's how I feel about Norman Osborn. I don't "love to hate" him. He's just a horrible creature that needs to be killed and cut into small pieces that can never come back together again.

And don't even get me started on what they're doing to Scott and Emma's relationship, thanks to Dark Reign. Can't Marvel let anything happy exist? Does everything have to suck?

I still don't understand how anybody can realistically allow Norman Osborn to roam free.

He's doing considerably better than just roaming free at this point, too. Thunderbolts has Obama giving him some oversight, but nothing can really come of that and we all know it, since anyone with half a brain would realize that the previous administration must've been smoking some hardcore crack to appoint a psycho like Osborn in the first place and can his ass immediately.

I still don't understand how anybody can realistically allow Norman Osborn to roam free.
Because the Marvel Universe is teh hardkorrz. Somehow, the same mentality that thought Rob Liefeld and Wolverine ripoffs and the first few issues of WildC.A.T.S. and pouches and Venom were in any way cool still dominates the Marvel fandom and organization.

Ugh, how?
I don't know, I just wasn't that impressed by Slott's first MA issue. On the other hand, DA and NA have had some pretty awesome stuff come out of the whole "dark reign" thing so far.

As for Norman Osborn, you may hate him and all but that really shouldn't affect your opinion of NA. I, on the other hand, really liked Osborn in Ellis' T-bolts run and DA is essentially the sequel to that so I'm pretty stoked for it.

Because the Marvel Universe is teh hardkorrz. Somehow, the same mentality that thought Rob Liefeld and Wolverine ripoffs and the first few issues of WildC.A.T.S. and pouches and Venom were in any way cool still dominates the Marvel fandom and organization.
I can really sense resentment/hatred for Marvel comics in so many of your posts. I'm surprised you even bother reading them.

At least Wildcats got better. Sadly, Liefeld never did. :(

I can really sense resentment/hatred for Marvel comics in so many of your posts. I'm surprised you even bother reading them.
They give me good stories and characters, and then they **** them in the ass. I love some of the characters. I hate Joe Quesada and Brian Bendis and everything they stand for.

How did that happen? I thought he was publicly unmasked after threatening loads of people in The Pulse.

They give me good stories and characters, and then they **** them in the ass. I love some of the characters. I hate Joe Quesada and Brian Bendis and everything they stand for.
Why do I never hear you posting something like, "Man, I read this issue of a Marvel comic and it was really great!" It's always, "Marvel sucks ass! All they produce is a bunch of trendy, Britney Spears ********. Meanwhile, DC produces intellectual, artistic gold that is millions of times better in every way." Or else you're getting really mad at someone because they don't like Superman.

How did that happen? I thought he was publicly unmasked after threatening loads of people in The Pulse.
Yeah, I thought it was funny that Bendis is the one who wrote the story that outed Osborn to the public and now he's the one who wrote Osborn being embraced by the public as a hero.

Oh well, I don't really care. Not nearly as much as a lot of other people seem to care anyway.

It's not like Bendis hasn't done it before. Daredevil, anyone? I'm just curious how it went down this time.

Daredevil was outed as Matt Murdock and then, after a long and arduous process, it was undone. According to the people who read DD regularly, everyone still suspects Matt Murdock is Daredevil, but it can no longer be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, so he gets away with it.

Why do I never hear you posting something like, "Man, I read this issue of a Marvel comic and it was really great!"
I love New Warriors
And then...
It's always, "Marvel sucks ass! All they produce is a bunch of trendy, Britney Spears ********. Meanwhile, DC produces intellectual, artistic gold that is millions of times better in every way."
the first 22 issues of the book have basically been wasted on quasi-event storytelling.
Also...
paraphrasing Aristotle said:
Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men was awesome and got me into both the X-Men and the broader Marvel Universe.

Do you read Nova or Guardians of the Galaxy? Or X-Factor for that matter? Those gotta be my top 3 Marvel, and I know a handful of members here like them as well. You should check them out if you already aren't.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. It's not like Luke Cage has beaten up Iron Man or anything. Also, I don't get how you could've gotten that Cage can "seemingly take out anyone with ease" from NA #49 -- or any NA issues.

And for the record: there is no such thing as too badass.

Oh, I'm definately jumping to conclusions, but most of my bendis predictions are dead on (all of them so far actually). While LC didn't beat him up, it was still a ******** line. He pretty much did that in the issue, sure he pulled out a toy, but honestly he should have never left that room. Norman would have pulled out one gas pumpkin bomb and LC would be out. All I was saying is you can make your character so bad ass and cool they end up being quite the opposite to the point you just hate seeing them. Batman often has that problem. I just don't want to have creators like bendis make me hate characters I used to like.

Oh, I'm definately jumping to conclusions, but most of my bendis predictions are dead on (all of them so far actually). While LC didn't beat him up, it was still a ******** line. He pretty much did that in the issue, sure he pulled out a toy, but honestly he should have never left that room. Norman would have pulled out one gas pumpkin bomb and LC would be out. All I was saying is you can make your character so bad ass and cool they end up being quite the opposite to the point you just hate seeing them. Batman often has that problem. I just don't want to have creators like bendis make me hate characters I used to like.
But... but Cage got unbreakable skin, muthaf***a. :huh:

Do you read Nova or Guardians of the Galaxy? Or X-Factor for that matter? Those gotta be my top 3 Marvel, and I know a handful of members here like them as well. You should check them out if you already aren't.
X-Factor is love. That is, until you hold that love in the delivery room. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"