Breaking Bad - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jesse would have told Saul he wants to go to New Zealand when Saul arranged to have that guy make Jesse disappear. Instead he said Alaska.

I think it's more of the fact that watchmen Ozymandias was based off the same poem that BB has used so there's that aspect and the rest is likely coincidence. Unless they are really keeping it a secret I haven't heard any of BB guys reference watchmen at all and just the poem. They are usually pretty open as to where they've taken inspiration from, on the podcasts and interviews they do etc.

They're both brilliant pieces of work, so I'd like to think there's some subtle nod, but you're probably right. Anyway, Watchmen = best comic ever. Breaking Bad = best TV show ever. :word:

I think Jesse would have told Saul he wants to go to New Zealand

"Yo *****, what's with all these hobbits?!"

Gollum-Smeagol-smeagol-gollum-14076899-960-403.jpg

"Gollum heard you has some precciooouusss crystaaallls..."

They're both brilliant pieces of work, so I'd like to think there's some subtle nod, but you're probably right. Anyway, Watchmen = best comic ever. Breaking Bad = best TV show ever. :word:

On that note maybe watchmen should have been adapted as a TV show instead or maybe a mini-series at least? Not that I hated the movie but it could have been much better./OT

I dunno about you guys but I think if Alan Moore watched Breaking Bad and saw the last episode he would literally say "Oh f***."

I don't think there's any better adaption of the Ozymandias poem than that episode right here.

Impossible. Alan Moore hates everything, himself included.

I dunno about you guys but I think if Alan Moore watched Breaking Bad and saw the last episode he would literally say "Oh f***."

I don't think there's any better adaption of the Ozymandias poem than that episode right here.

Getting O/T here, but...

I love Watchmen, but don't understand why the brilliant Ozymandias identified himself as the broken, forgotten tyrant of the Shelley poem. It was probably made clear in the book, but I forget. Was it just supposed to be a clue to his intentions for "half Manhattan", because if it was all about the Egyptian motiff than why not just Ramses? In retrospect, it's a little confusing. It's like Veidt was prophesizing that he would be forgotten and reduced to nothing, but that doesn't make sense.

Getting O/T here, but...

I love Watchmen, but don't understand why the brilliant Ozymandias identified himself as the broken, forgotten tyrant of the Shelley poem. It was probably made clear in the book, but I forget. Was it just supposed to be a clue to his intentions for "half Manhattan", because if it was all about the Egyptian motiff than why not just Ramses? In retrospect, it's a little confusing. It's like Veidt was prophesizing that he would be forgotten and reduced to nothing, but that doesn't make sense.

That's exactly it though. He saw Ozymandias like Ozymandias did himself in the poem. As a great ruler who's empire would last forever. In the book he didn't name himself after the ozymandias poem but the actual Ramses. It was Alan Moore however who based Ozymandias the character on the ozumandias in the poem and not the actual pharoah...confusing enough?

The writer of this 'Wired' magazine thinks that Ozymandias was not only referring to the Shelley poem, but there might have been a subtle reference to the 'Watchmen' character.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/breaking-bad-recap-ozymandias/

Hank: You're the smartest man I ever met. And you're too stupid to see.... they made up their mind 10 minutes ago.

Ozymandias:

ozymandias2.jpg

Is the writer reaching or do you guys think there was a nod there about being a little too late to prevent the worst possible outcome (breaking the convention of escapism where the worst possible outcome is almost always prevented at the last moment)?

Dammit! I was the first to say this Sunday night and it kept getting buried in the conversation.

That's exactly it though. He saw Ozymandias like Ozymandias did himself in the poem. As a great ruler who's empire would last forever. In the book he didn't name himself after the ozymandias poem but the actual Ramses. It was Alan Moore however who based Ozymandias the character on the ozumandias in the poem and not the actual pharoah...confusing enough?

No, he named himself Ozymandias. He's referred to as such several times by various characters.

I want to say he named himself that during his drug-induced vision in his backstory, but I'm not sure.

No, he named himself Ozymandias. He's referred to as such several times by various characters.

I want to say he named himself that during his drug-induced vision in his backstory, but I'm not sure.

You're missing my point, unless I might be wrong? To my knowledge he didn't name himself after the poem but the actual pharoah ramses but he just adopted the greek variation of his name (ozymandias).

It's been a while since I last read it but does it explicitly say he chose his name based on the poem and not simply his love for the historical ozymandias aka ramses?

-edit-

I was right he named himself after the historical pharoah ramses on his travels to egypt and not due to the poem. It was Moore who tipped his hat to the poem by having him name himself ozymandias.

Last edited:
I was right he named himself after the historical pharoah ramses on his travels to egypt and not due to the poem. It was Moore who tipped his hat to the poem by having him name himself ozymandias.

Oh, I see what you're saying, my mistake.

possible HUGE SPOILERS but i think it's a fake/joke

www.imgur.com/mrtkE1B?

That has to be fake.
Huell's skeleton was a dead giveaway. I can't even imagine how they could work that into the script. Also can't think of what circumstances would lead to Todd having a fake FBI badge or Marie going to jail.

If I'm wrong I am going to kick myself for looking at that though.

Also, major major apologies if anyone happened to click on this thread before I figured out I was using the strike through tag and not the spoiler tag. Glad I caught that immediately.

Ya I figured as much, some of that stuff is just laughable but I had to post it just because I thought people would enjoy it

Yeah, it's been debunked. A few of those images were taken directly from a basic Google image search.

Obviously fake, unless the FBI allows it's agents to murder kids now

We don't have time for pranks when THERE ARE ONLY TWO EPISODES LEFT!!!! :cmad:

Two posts left. Then on to part 11.

Like, the sixth thread in the past two months. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members