Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brett Dalton is Agent Grant Ward

He was the best thing in this show for me, but he have made his time.
And he had a very good end.

So Ward is finally gone gone? I have to admit when Dalton first started he was so bland. But when he showed his true colors, he only got better and more watchable.

Loved his season 1 transformation. I just wish when he had escaped in season 2, he would have lost his temper a bit more. Get some emotion out of him but still be that physically intimidating enemy. Then one day be surprised by getting nearly destroyed by NuDaisy. After getting a beat down, he could have gone in more of a Frank Grillo/CrossBones direction. A lost soul, raging psycho given enhancements or Taskmaster abilities. Reigniting his need for revenge against SHIELD, planning, but also doing the physical work. Instead of just calmly and confidently taking over NuHydra, because a brainwashed woman he was in a creepy relationship with died...

I guess I'm just sick of the villains who have to plan every detail from away and keep reminding us something bigger is happening behind the scenes, while they spend 3 episodes staring out a window (Quinn, Ward, Hive, Malik ect.)

He better not return as an LMD. Let him go and let this be his swan song.

He was the best thing in this show for me, but he have made his time.
And he had a very good end.

IA. Grant was by far the best character. I was hoping that they would b able to purge Hive from him and have him on next season trying to redeem himself. Alas, that wont happen. He had a great run

Last edited:
IA. Grant was by far the best character. I was hoping that they would b able to purge Hive from him and have him on next season trying to redeem himself. Alas, that wont happen. He had a great tun

and a good death.

Is Dalton going to confirm whether he's coming back or not for the next season? When do they usually confirm?

I got the impression from the Civil War premiere that maybe he wasn't coming back when he was interviewed along with Elizabeth Henstridge on the red carpet. When Tamara Krinsky congratulated them that AOS has been renewed for season 4, Henstridge said she was so excited while Dalton stood there silently. Then Tamara offered the microphone to Dalton to get a comment from him, and it was as if suddenly realised he hadn't said anything, and all he said was he's excited as well, but he seemed kind of detached, like someone who is generally excited for the show, but not specifically excited to be coming back.

[YT]-Fa7h1DsVb8[/YT]

Killing off Ward was such a big mistake. They should have just have him go into hiding for season 3 and make him a reoccurring villain like Elias in Persons of Interest.

I know this is a stretch, but I wouldn't have minded if he some how separated from Hive with a repaired body and continued to be a thorn in Shields side for occasional episodes.

He was on course to becoming the Joker to Coulsons Batman. Ah well. :(

You never know. They could borrow a page from "Dallas," and the stinger of the final episode of Season 4 is: Daisy wakes up and Ward is in the shower, alive and well. Daisy says "Honey, I had the strangest dream. But it doesn't matter now."

https://youtu.be/nCEjeTb1rrs

You never know. They could borrow a page from "Dallas," and the stinger of the final episode of Season 4 is: Daisy wakes up and Ward is in the shower, alive and well. Daisy says "Honey, I had the strangest dream. But it doesn't matter now."

https://youtu.be/nCEjeTb1rrs

lol yea I'm old enough to remember. I was still pretty young when Dallas was in it's prime, but I remember everyone going bat**** over the show.

Ward really is the other side to Coulsons coin. Both Shield Agents, both brought back to life via alien shenanigans. Both had loved ones that killed by each other. Who knows, maybe Hive survived the explosion. Stranger things have happened :cwink:

lol yea I'm old enough to remember. I was still pretty young when Dallas was in it's prime, but I remember everyone going bat**** over the show.

Ward really is the other side to Coulsons coin. Both Shield Agents, both brought back to life via alien shenanigans. Both had loved ones that killed by each other. Who knows, maybe Hive survived the explosion. Stranger things have happened :cwink:

Ward wasn't brought back to life. His body was just a puppet on a string, a zombie with no rotten parts, a robot with the new memory chip in its head.

It was a good death wasnt it ?

it was.

The both of them. As an actor all the versions of ward were good. boy next door. traitor in season 1, broken man in the beginning of season 2 anti leader to anti messiah in season 3. big loss.

If its the last season as some are suggesting then **** it bring him back. Supernatural shenanigans or a bit of time travel chicanery.

Has anyone heard about this movie?

[YT]sTRcztA1nME[/YT]

It looks to be Dalton's latest project. He's playing in something completely different from AOS. It also stars Stana Katic (Castle), although she's not the main actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"