Brett Dalton is Agent Grant Ward

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Whiskey Tango, May 15, 2013.

1. Demileto Registered

No, it isn't, Bakshi had enough time to kill him before Simmons and Morse did that.

2. InternetPeople Petty... and tiny

Ward and Simmons are nothing alike and the example given to prove the similarity is complete ********. Simmons planted the evidence on her lab partner to save herself from likely capture, torture and death and maintain her cover. Simmons was undercover and surrounded by HYDRA agents.

When Ward shot Agent Hand and the other two agents, he was doing it to free his boss, who was captured and being transported to a maximum security prison. Ward needed to do nothing to maintain his cover as a SHIELD agent. If Ward had shot Garrett in the plane as Hand asked, Ward would still have his cover as a loyal SHIELD agent and his double agent status with HYDRA (which he still has/had as of this last week on AOS). Ward was is no danger but he chose Garrett, a known HYDRA agent.

Ward is not exactly good or bad, but he has people he is loyal to and follows orders. Ward doesn't have organizations he is loyal to, just people, which is why he can kill SHIELD and HYDRA personnel with no remorse.

Grant Ward is a complete tool and a bit crazy.

3. Uskok MCU fan

And for how long was Ward kept imprisoned in the Playground? For months! When you capture an enemy agent, you keep him alive for as long as possible.

4. Demileto Registered

I like how you agree with Garrett being murdered in cold blood, but not Victoria Hand or Eric Koenig.

"HYDRA does not tolerate traitors. Anyone caught with contraband will be punished accordingly." - Bakshi

Fitting punishment = imprisonment in the minds of unapologic sociopathic villains, apparently. :whatever:

#104 Demileto, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  5. InternetPeople Petty... and tiny

Nowhere did I say I agreed with killing Garrett.

Did you call Coulson a murderer when he smoked Garrett at the end of season 1?

6. Whiskey Tango Registered

Ward's a killer no doubt, but I love how everyone is so eager to crucify him that they completely ignore the fact that Hand had already decided to put both him and Garret down like dogs right there on the plane. Due process? What's that?

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Hand hadn't decided to put Ward down. She asked him to carry out the execution. He wasn't revealed to be a double agent yet. It was only when he shot her and her men.

8. Whiskey Tango Registered

:doh: That's right. It's been awhile. Still, the point remains that she was perfectly happy to execute restrained and helpless men for the lulz

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I thought when she said that it was an off-hand remark. :oldrazz:

10. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

The same co-worker who relished the idea of killing millions of people? Yeah, not remotely the same thing.

11. Demileto Registered

Yup, and Koenig was going to do the same to Ward had the latter not found a passable excuse to be there, to hell with the shackles.

12. just one thing Registered

why does whitehall trust him? bit of a quick turn around.

13. Comics Registered

Information of Coulson's team.

14. just one thing Registered

so what now for skyward. emotionally dependent people can put up with a lot before they cut loose, was four to the chest enough?

15. Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

Skye shooting Ward was one of the best parts of the episode! Glad he didn't die though he's been a surprisingly awesome villain. I read a theory a while back about Ward becoming the MCU Grim Reaper, I know it'd be a drastic change but I think it could work.

16. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

It's cool how they were paralleling Ward and Agent 33 before pairing them up at the end. I especially liked that exchange between the two. With Whitehall dead and Skye shooting up Ward, they're both lost and have no cause. There's really no telling where their stories are headed, but I don't think Ward will interact with the team much moving forward. I hope he has a side storyline completely separate from the main storyline.

17. The Infernal Mky Mk

I'm not to fond of that idea. I'd rather see Ward be himself rather than his identity be shaped into a known Marvel character.

Though if something like that were to happen I would maybe suggest and identity like Ronin or Swordsman (I wouldn't mind the latter in terms of costume). Both identities have been co-opted by others throughout the years and grant a fair bit of anonymity with their masked costumes. Plus you wouldn't need to rewrite Ward to fit the character rather he just uses the guise to operate with relative anonymity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ward trying to break Agent 33's Hydra programming as an emotional crutch as he tries to find a new purpose for himself. They could make it seem ambiguous as to whether he's trying to redeem himself by de-programming her brainwashing or if he's just using her because he lacks a real purpose.

18. The Infernal Mky Mk

Let's hope he's managed to scrape up better Hydra goons than those bar flies he was pushing around in the final episode of the previous season.

19. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

20. Steamteck Registered

21. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

I think we've just scraped the surface with Ward, really. He may still evolve into a comic character just like Skye/ Daisy. His hero-to-antihero-to-villain arc is one of the more entertaining parts of the show.

22. redlion2 Interim King of Wakanda

Exactly! I think the writers have done a very good job at fleshing Ward out as a character and giving him layers. He's become one of the more interesting characters on the show and I definitely hope he eventually becomes a character/villain from the comics. A testament to how well the writers have developed him is the fact that even if he doesn't become someone from the comics, he's still been a memorable villain.

23. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Put me down as another person who wants more Ward. . . so long as he remains a villain. The one thing that'd make me turn off the show in an instant is "Ward redemption". He's passed that chance more than a season ago, and quite thoroughly demonstrated that he doesn't even understand what redemption is. The guy is about as likely to redeem as Hannibal Lecter.

24. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Not only did Ward shoot Hand for real, but many others as well. He also tortured Bobbi for real, and believed he was killing FitzSimmons and also Agent May.