Brian Tyler composer for Dragonball?

Adam

Sidekick
Reaction score
According to IMDB, Brian Tyler (Rambo, Constantine) will do the music for Dragonball. (More.)

Thoughts?

CONFIRMED!!! check the site

Fine with me, but I want him to be heavily inspired by the some of the American music the anime had. Some of it is really intense.

Thats BS if its true, I only want Bruce falconer working on the movie. That said, IMDB is usually 0.5 % true. So I call this fake.

Well even so, The soundtracks are already their, just call him up and ask for permission. Would be fine with that.

I don't know, IMDB is not the most trust worthy place. Take with a huge grain of salt

Thats BS if its true, I only want Bruce falconer working on the movie. That said, IMDB is usually 0.5 % true. So I call this fake.
I'm sorry, but do you honestly think Bruce Faulconer is better than Brian Tyler!?!?!?

That's BS. Bruce Faulconer is fine for a TV show where all midi and synthesizers are all well and good, but not for a movie that needs a real orchrestra.

No, this is better than Bruce Faulconer. It would be nice if Tyler listened to Bruce Faulconer's score and implemented a few choruses from the score - with his permission - but even still.

I emailed Brian, hopefully he responds.

i take anything IMDB says with a grain of salt.

Brian Tylers scores get better and better after every movie...

he's certainly improved

not a bad choice, he's great with techno/rock too...

Fine with me, but I want him to be heavily inspired by the some of the American music the anime had. Some of it is really intense.

A mix of the rock and asian music will suffice for me.

it would be nice to have a mixture like that

Ditto. Didn't actually think of a mixture. That would bode well.

I spoke with Brian today. I feel so important.

http://www.dbthemovie.com visit the site if you enjoyed my confirmation

"Hi Adam,

I am indeed scoring the film. Wow, it is already on IMDB, that was quick! I am a huge Dragon Ball fan and have been ever since the anime back in the 80s and then of course DBZ so needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled about getting the opportunity to be composing the score for the film. I really feel the music for Dragonball can be such a vital part of the way the audience will experience the excitement and fantasy of the story and genuinely feel the evolution of the characters (Goku, Piccolo, Yamcha, Roshi, Chi Chi, Bulma, etc). There is such a rich back story to these characters and their stories evolve in such interesting and cool ways in the Dragon Ball mythology. I think is important for the music to deliver a sweeping, exciting, fantasy, epic, and science fiction feel to the movie to really give it that amazing scope and depth that it deserves. I have utter faith in James’ vision for the film as well. Thanks for saying hello!

Cheers,
Brian Tyler"

Wow, cool! He seems nice.

Omggggggggggg You're Our Hero Jappo. Fantastic Scoop!

I spoke with Brian today. I feel so important.

http://www.dbthemovie.com visit the site if you enjoyed my confirmation

"Hi Adam,

I am indeed scoring the film. Wow, it is already on IMDB, that was quick! I am a huge Dragon Ball fan and have been ever since the anime back in the 80s and then of course DBZ so needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled about getting the opportunity to be composing the score for the film. I really feel the music for Dragonball can be such a vital part of the way the audience will experience the excitement and fantasy of the story and genuinely feel the evolution of the characters (Goku, Piccolo, Yamcha, Roshi, Chi Chi, Bulma, etc). There is such a rich back story to these characters and their stories evolve in such interesting and cool ways in the Dragon Ball mythology. I think is important for the music to deliver a sweeping, exciting, fantasy, epic, and science fiction feel to the movie to really give it that amazing scope and depth that it deserves. I have utter faith in James’ vision for the film as well. Thanks for saying hello!

Cheers,
Brian Tyler"

wow jappo you seem to have a lot of contacts. I thought JP would be the first one to get it confirmed but you did it. How did you get Brian Tyler's email?

On and I had no doubt in my mind that he would score the film because the name came out of nowhere and I am pretty sure someone from the production had quickly put his name on imdb.

To bad I don't have the most "utter faith" of James Wongs revision of DragonBall. Still Hoping it turns out to be a great movie and this Brian Tyler sounds like a nice guy and its good to know that he is familiar with the Dragon Ball Series.

I was hoping for steven spielberg to direct this. oh well... I like this choice. Nay, I love it. The guy's score for rambo was perfect. Think about it. what if this is it fellas, what if he knocks this out of the ballpark and delivers a great iconic dragonball theme like we've never heard before... the chances are high for that now. He also did children of dune, so the desert scenes should have good music.

wow jappo you seem to have a lot of contacts. I thought JP would be the first one to get it confirmed but you did it. How did you get Brian Tyler's email?

On and I had no doubt in my mind that he would score the film because the name came out of nowhere and I am pretty sure someone from the production had quickly put his name on imdb.

His contact info is on his website. :dry:

Anyway, nice guy!

Fine, he still should listen to Bruce falconers scores, and reinterpret some of it into broader sounding songs. It would be awesome if they did what Silent hill did with its score. But its not looking likely. seeing as Akira Yamaoka actually returned for the movie. Theres so many great songs that would be translated great into the movie. Lot of songs that created tension and drama, bleh.

Hi JP,

Dragonball is a dream of mine to score. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember. I am going to do my utmost to reflect the epic tone of the story and capture the amazing richness of the characters. I love how the characters of DB are no simply good or evil. How throughout the mythology of DB they change allegiances (Piccolo) or have something inside them that is dark (Goku with his Oozaru side). It is classic epic story telling and I want the rest of the world (the non-DB fans) to experience what we already know. That Dragon Ball is one of our great modern mythologies.

Cheers,
Brian

This guy is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back