Brie Larson is Captain Marvel!

Brie posted this a little bit ago:
CoGNOFGXgAAWPP_.jpg

Good sweet Jesus... Our Carol Danvers is beautiful!

As much as I wanted Emily Blunt for this part, I'm so stoked to see Brie Larson bring Captain Marvel to life!

Best news from Comic-Con!

Best part... I don't have to read about Emily Blunt anymore.

Then Marvel announces a Spider-Woman movie and it starts all over again.

Very surreal.

Awesom! Can't wait to see more manips of her nude in costume I mean!

Now... Let the "short hair vs long hair" debate... BEGIN!!

akQbUIi.jpg

X1YK28C.jpg

As I've already made known my problems with their stated reasoning for shortening Carol's hair, obviously I'm all for the long hair. Plus, she had long hair in my favorite run of the comics. :woot:

As I've already made known my problems with their stated reasoning for shortening Carol's hair, obviously I'm all for the long hair.

This passed me by. What was the reason for the shorter do in the comics?

This passed me by. What was the reason for the shorter do in the comics?
They said it was because she was a military woman, so as a military woman she WOULD have short hair. And my problem with that, coming from a military family and knowing many military women, is that there's this stigma/misconception that in order for women to be taken seriously in the military they have to "man up," sacrifice their femininity and be one of the guys or whatever, and that's just not true at all. Literally NONE of the military women I know have ever felt the need to do this, they all have long hair (that they wear in an up 'do when on duty) and are indistinguishable from any other women when off duty. And I felt their reasoning for doing it into the comics played into that stigma so I wasn't a fan.

There shouldn't need to be a reason for a woman to have short hair in the first place.

There shouldn't need to be a reason for a woman to have short hair in the first place.
I mean, I agree with that, but when you take a character who's had long-ish hair for over 30 years in the comics and suddenly make it short, people are gonna ask your reasoning. They could have said they just felt it was time for a change, or that artists were having trouble being consistent about the helmet with that long hair (which seems like it was the case too), but the actual reason they gave is what didn't sit well with me, so I didn't like it on principle, lol.

Last edited:
Now Kelly Sue approved!

Twitter1_zpsndtfrobe.jpg

Twitter2_zpsclpjqlsj.jpg

Also, this was sweet:

Twitter3_zpsfxljhxnw.jpg

If she still wore that costume she'd in no way be one of my top favorite superheroes now.
I have standards. Standards of shallowness. :o

Anyway, let's talk about Emily Blunt. I heard she was a popular fancasting choice.

I'm not for or against this choice. It's better than some of the choices bandied about were. I would have preferred someone a bit older and physically a bit more imposing. But Marvel have mostly made good casting choices so we'll see. I guess it depends on what road they are taking Carol down in terms of how they introduce her and at what stage of her life she's meant to be at.

In terms of hair I'd like it short because I prefer that design but I don't really care either way, they've messed with the hair of everyone from film to film so its not like it matters much.

I just think a long hair for Captain Marvel would look better on screen especially when she's in action and when it comes to her classic look - she had long hair. So if we aren't getting the classic suit with the sash and the thunder sign, at least give us that long hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"