Sequels Bring back Doc Ock for Spidey 4!!

Bringing Doc Ock back would be the worst thing they could do for the series!! he blatantly died at the end of the 2nd, the lights on his arms flickered off so presumably that means they dont work nemore! and even if the arms survived, by the time he sunk to the bottom and then the arms walked to shore he would hav drowned neway!! if they bring him back no matter how good he was, and i personally think he will be the best villain of all, the whole series would lose all its credibility!!

theyve already gone way deeper into comic book territory with symbiote/venom story line which risks alienating (excuse the pun) alot of the casual viewers who enjoyed the films but didnt have ne previous knowledge of the comics.

in summary bringin doc ock back would be a disaster!!

jean grey was just SLIGHTLY different!! she didnt conclusively die the water just went over her. she could have swam to the surface or cocooned herself in her telekinetic powers so the water didnt drown her!! brinigin doc ock bak would be like bringing xavier back, totally ridiculous!! but lets be honest they probly will, hollywood always manage to ruin everything.

No reason to bring Ock back for 4. For what. We have moved beyond that.

jean grey was just SLIGHTLY different!! she didnt conclusively die the water just went over her. she could have swam to the surface or cocooned herself in her telekinetic powers so the water didnt drown her!! brinigin doc ock bak would be like bringing xavier back, totally ridiculous!! but lets be honest they probly will, hollywood always manage to ruin everything.
Xavior is alive by the way. He has transferred his mind into his twin so it seems.

Wow, thats realistic... all you need is one scene showing the tentacles coming back to life... how is that far fetched? Remember T-2? Arnold regains conciousness with the alternate power. Would it be completely implausible for something similar to happen with the tentacles? Keep in mind the tentacles each have a camera lens... all you need to show is an alternate power source reactivating them and swimming Ock to safety. And how will it ruin everything? You can build a trilogy around him leading into the Sinister Six... I mean unless you want the buildup to be leading up to Carnage vs Spiderman in SM6... I think if we had it your way there wouldn't be a movie business

I would have had Ock in part 3, but yes, it would be awesome if they brought him back in part four next to Venom and the Lizard.

Yeah it would be awsome having Ock back in one of the Sequels,maybe he is hiding in the underground in a place where he plans the sinister six or somthing like this.....i also hope if Ock ever returns that his look will be different,he should have improved his Tentacles and his outfit for his own advantage.Everything could be affected by the Masterplanner Storyline.

Am I the only one who wants to see Norman comeback and kill Gwen like in the classic story?:cmad:

:down :down :down :down

We have a character with the most extensive rogues gallery in all of comics, and you guys want to repeat villains? For shame....

And no, SlyDark Star, that would just be stupid. We already had the bridge scene, to do it again would be utterly stupid and repetitive.

I don't think they wasted the bridge scene, simply changed it to fit with the story. In more than one medium, Gwen has been replaced by MJ in that scene and MJ makes it out alive. (USM, TAS, etc.)

MJ is Peter's main love interest in the comics, cartoons, graphic novels, etc, etc. She has been for a few decades now. It was obvious that the filmmakers would choose her instead of Gwen (who has been dead for quite some time now in the comicbook world).

And besides, Doc Ock is a reformed man. What? He wakes after his heart wrenching sacrifice (that he voluntarily did so that Spider-Man and the city may live) and goes to wreak havoc and chaos throughout New York? Wouldn't that be a step back for him?

I love the good doctor, but I'm all against going back in time and retconning an earlier film. There's plenty of other villains that can be explored. Let the dead rest in peace.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I completely agree characters dead should stay dead... but if they ever do intend to do a Sinister 6 I think he needs to be back... I think everyone is so highly touted on Lizard Kraven for SM4 that they are forgetting the bigger picture... going from villain A to villain B to villain C just doesn't work... every character has to be interconnecting into a larger plot... they even connected Sandman to Parker in a big way... its not just coincidence... so whats SM5 after Conners is cured and Kraven is done? Oh yeah Jameson hates SPiderman so lets do Scorpion... and throw in Electro and Vulture or hopgoblin (take your pick) for kicks as random villains.... whats SM6 about... might as bring back Venom and Carnage... EHHHH WRONG... doesn't work like that... if the villains aren't connected to a larger story it just doesn't work... thats why Sandman was connected to Parker, GG/GG2/ even Octopus and his involvment with Oscorp were all tied together... and you obviously can't make every villain the killer of Ben Parker... throwing in random villains without a culmination or a theme to it all just isn't the way to go...

Now back to the topic... Octopus is a good way to have some sort of story and has reasons to come back... maybe he wants to be able to continue his research... or start a different project... maybe that can establish new characters... I like the idea of KingPin... if you don't have screen time to do origins of every villain then make the electro or Rhinos henchmen...

I agree that EVERY villain should have an established origin... but how do these villains affect our protagonist in Spiderman... if they are just going to kidnapp MJ every movie to get to him, its stupid... if its just about a guy wanting to rob banks its stupid... villains like Ock coming back would have motives other than okay time to kidnap MJ... its just the way I feel personally... I just think its a dead end going from A to B to C with no culmination

That said... who are the central characters for the next trilogy? Okay we got MJ/Parker.... heck we got the Stacy's.... we can throw in Felecia and the Jamesons and eveyone from the Bugle... al is welll and good... now the villains...

You telling me Hopgoblin and Carnage are going to cut it as central antagonists... maybe a one picture deal but they can't keep coming back as central villains... Dafoe worked excellent as a reoccuring villain... so tell me who is going to be that next villain? Venom is probably dead so it can't be him... Octopus makes sense filling that role as does the KingPin IMO... ofcourse its just my theory... let me hear yours

And besides, Doc Ock is a reformed man. What? He wakes after his heart wrenching sacrifice (that he voluntarily did so that Spider-Man and the city may live) and goes to wreak havoc and chaos throughout New York? Wouldn't that be a step back for him?

I love the good doctor, but I'm all against going back in time and retconning an earlier film. There's plenty of other villains that can be explored. Let the dead rest in peace.
That's possibly the best point ever made. And I have thought about that. Doc Ock turned over a new leaf in the end of SM2, it makes NO SENSE to have him become a villain again. And don't give me crap about, "Oh, but it happened in the comic!"

Yeah, well, for those who haven't been paying attention, the Spider-Man series ISN'T a comic! Different forms of entertainment, different rules apply.

The only way I could see Doc Ock back as a villain is if he got brain damage from the lack of oxygen while being in the river. This makes him insane and forgets parts of life(his wife, his reforment, etc...). However he still has control over his arms.

OCK IS ALIVE... DON'T GIVE ME "I must have missed it".... clearly a bugle issue was hanging on Jameson's wall titled "DOC OCK STILL AT LARGE".... told you people... not that there is much potential for a Sinister 6 now that SM3 will likely flop

I still want Doc Ock to come back for the next film. Perhaps he can manipulate the Sandman (who is still out there as far as I know), by using Penny Marko to make Flint do his evil bidding. Wha! ha! ha!

OCK IS ALIVE... DON'T GIVE ME "I must have missed it".... clearly a bugle issue was hanging on Jameson's wall titled "DOC OCK STILL AT LARGE".... told you people... not that there is much potential for a Sinister 6 now that SM3 will likely flop

Doc Ock is still alive. But that front page you are refering to is the same one seen in Spider-Man 2. We even see JJJ pieceing together the headline.

One way of explaining what happened to him is in the opening credits of part 4 or 5 or even 6. What ever part he's in, I would like to see pics or a comic rendering of what happened to him after he sunk into the abyss. The same goes for Sandman, hopefully we'll see what eventually happened to him as well.

Anything can happen, if they want to bring back somebody they will. Sony is looking for $$$$$$$$$$, not to make sense with these films. Sadly, you know this to be true.

People aren't bright...

Spider-Man: It was about power and responsibility...Green Goblin wasn't responsible with his power, so he got killed.

Spider-Man 3: Revenge and forgiveness...Venom had revenge in his heart, so he ended up getting killed; Peter forgived Sandman, so he lived; Harry forgived Peter before he died.

So...

Spider-Man 2: Choice and sacrifice: Choice was about Spider-Man, who first decided not to be the superhero anymore, then sacrificed himself to finall don the suit again to save MJ; Doc Ock sacrificed himself to save everyone from his fusion machine, and thus, he sacrificed himself meaning he killed himself...Doc Ock won't be back.

If they killed Venom off because of the revenge storyline, then they killed Doc Ock with his storyline, sacrifice.

Yah...that was the newspaper from Spider-Man 2 idiot...and no, if a SS is in a sequel, THAT movie will flop...so many villains, it won't have a decent story, unlike Spider-Man 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"