Sequels Bring back Doc Ock for Spidey 4!!

A similar thing happened in Terminator 2, then a few minutes later the eye lights again and we're seeing that the CPU is re-routing to an alternate power source.

No doubt Ock's tentacle system has similar safeguards so as to protect Ock when he's working with nuclear power of all things.

Nice theory, one problem: Ock isn't a Cyborg

Raimi did say that he's not dead, it's a freakin' comic book movie, you all need to stop acting like this type of thing doesn't happen.

#1.) This type of thing Doesn't happen. How many people are pushed into a river by a small sun? (not to mention the sun's temperature would have killed anything within 1,000 miles, but I can look past that)

#2.) If Sandman or Eddie is taken to jail and we see Ock, that's perfectly acceptable. You don't need to explain how he got out of the water. Very similar to Captain Barbossa's appearance in DMC. Plus that would cool because it is similar to Norman returning in SM2

It's all in the writing

Indeed!!:woot:

Nice theory, one problem: Ock isn't a Cyborg

What are you talking about?? You're the one who said that the lights in his tentacles went out, so that means he must be dead.

Dragon just pointed out that the lights going out means nothing.

What are you talking about?? You're the one who said that the lights in his tentacles went out, so that means he must be dead.

Dragon just pointed out that the lights going out means nothing.

Whatever, it doesn't matter. My main beef with Dock Ock returning to life is this whole "him coming out of the water." scene that shouldn't happen. They won't do a cutscene from that long ago. If they wanted to do it that way they would've done the cutscene at the end of SM2 instead.

#1.) This type of thing Doesn't happen. How many people are pushed into a river by a small sun? (not to mention the sun's temperature would have killed anything within 1,000 miles, but I can look past that)

#2.) If Sandman or Eddie is taken to jail and we see Ock, that's perfectly acceptable. You don't need to explain how he got out of the water. Very similar to Captain Barbossa's appearance in DMC. Plus that would cool because it is similar to Norman returning in SM2

The ultimate cameo. A storyline solution could be simple-his body washed up, therefore the NYPD found he was alive and incarcerated him while he was unconcious (sp.)

-Morzan

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the crowd as Sandman/Eddie is taken away. Only we don't know it's him until the camera half-focuses on him.

Or we could hear his arms shifting as he walks off, or something to that extent.

Does no one else want to see this? It's been said by Raimi himself that Octavius didn't die at the end of Spider-man 2. He merely "disappeared".

I personlly don't think that after using the big three: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom, that any other villain has what it takes to carry the film on their own backs.

So for me the ideal situation would be to bring back Molina as Ock and then introduce another (second-tier) bad guy. And who's the other villain we've been building up to see... The Lizard.

Doc Ock and The Lizard for Spider-man 4!
he actuley drownded.

Would not mind at all seeing Ock again only in his true sinister form.

What? He never said that...

The lights on his tentacles clearly go out when he's sinking at the end of SM2. That means the nerves shut down and his brain went dead. Therefore...death!

I'd love to see Alfred come back again, but I seriously doubt it

If they revived Jean Grey, they can revive Dock Oc

For example: In the beginning of SM4, you see Doc Ocks's flashbacks (When he was in the water). The lights went out but somehow the small sun's gamma rays reactivated them. The claws are now in 100% control even though the sane Otto Octavious died....

They'd make something similar to it

Not many or none. How many people have super human powers? :p

1,000 miles? Then please explain how Spider-Man and the country weren't totally incinerated in the process:wow:

I say one more appearance and then have doc ock create the sinister six. That of course requires that spidey stops killing his opponents so that there can be six living ones to be that team. lol

I'm completely jumping the gun and it'd probably never happen but I'd love to see Doc Ock lead the Sinister 6.

As soon as Doc sank to the bottom of the River, I immediatly thought, he'll be back. You know how he was actually not that bad of a guy, it was the Arms that where controlling him, but the man was still there. My theory is that Doc's brain basically dies after what happened, eventhough the arms short-out, somehow they come back online, and the arms become in full control, since there is really no brain to fight back.

Stan Lee has hinted that he didn't die in the movie.

I didn;t think he died either. I know he isnt literally and Octopus, but he is Doc Ock, why would they have him die from drowning. The mind dies the arms take control of the body.

As soon as Doc sank to the bottom of the River, I immediatly thought, he'll be back. You know how he was actually not that bad of a guy, it was the Arms that where controlling him, but the man was still there. My theory is that Doc's brain basically dies after what happened, eventhough the arms short-out, somehow they come back online, and the arms become in full control, since there is really no brain to fight back.

so what your suggesting is some sort of, zombie-ock where the tentacles do all the work? :huh: ......

...... *puts on David Walliams voice* the computer says no.:o

Pretty much yea. Like whatever comes out of Docs mouth is really the arms talking.

That would suck.

If Ock comes back, he should be completely competent. Not some ******ed zombie.

But if he was fully competent, then he wouldn't really be a villian, as seen at the end of SM2. Also I wouldn't want him to be some Zombie, what I would like is for the Arms to be in pretty much full control, he doesn't have to be like a zombie, as I said before, cause yes that would be stupid. But those arms being hooked up to his brain when he fell in the water, could cause him some level of brain damage.

Yes, let the brain damage be the cause of his villainy. Make him bitter and vengeful over what has happened to him, his wife, and his life's work.

No more of the arms influencing him. He over came that at the end of SM-2. No need to take a step backward with him.

But the Arms would still influence him a lot more than they did in SM2, instead of Doc fighting with the arms he would basically get along with them. I loved SM2, but Doc Ock has always been a straight up villian in the comics, so it was a little disappointing to see him be more of an anti-hero in SM2, do you follow.

But the Arms would still influence him a lot more than they did in SM2

If I wasn't completely put off by your idea before, I am now. The arms couldn't influence him any more than they did in SM-2. Their sole function was to control and sustain fusion. So, they had to make Ock believe he had not failed in his calculations. They played on his ego and passion for his life's work.

Since he overcame their influence, and realized the error of his ways, going back to the arms influencing him again would be a huge step back for the character.

instead of Doc fighting with the arms he would basically get along with them.

Ummmm that's what happened in SM-2. He never fought with his arms until the end, when they resisted his instructions to release Peter from their grip.

He completely succumbed to their influence. He was a broken man who had lost everything. So, when they offered him a glimmer of hope that he had not failed with his dream, it was very easy for him to believe them.

We already saw at the demonstration that he was not opposed to violence to make his dream succeed, when he smashed Spider-Man into the wall when he tried to unplug the reactor.

I loved SM2, but Doc Ock has always been a straight up villian in the comics, so it was a little disappointing to see him be more of an anti-hero in SM2, do you follow.

Nope. Because he wasn't an anti hero in SM-2. The Punisher is an anti hero. Venom is an anti hero.

Ock wasn't. He was being selfish by rebuilding his life's work, making his dream come true at any cost, by hurting, killing, and destroying anyone and anything that stood in his way.

Drowning his reactor does not make him an anti hero. He was merely righting the wrongs he had done. Making up for his own sins.

Whatever you dont agree, great we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"