Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

As much I disliked Riley in season 4, I really adore his storyline in season 5 feeling useless without a destiny.

Somewhat famously… Buffy has three birthdays!

October 24, 1980
May 6, 1979
January 19, 1981

The first two are cited in the same episode (!): “I Robot, You Jane.” Another episode (which will remain nameless :word:) lists 1981 as her birth year. But I’m not sure where the January 19 comes from.

Somewhat famously… Buffy has three birthdays!

October 24, 1980
May 6, 1979
January 19, 1981

The first two are cited in the same episode (!): “I Robot, You Jane.” Another episode (which will remain nameless :word:) lists 1981 as her birth year. But I’m not sure where the January 19 comes from.

Looks like Darkhorse made Jan.19th the official bday and im assuming Joss ok'd it.

so i'm up to the episodes where Angel fired everyone, let Darla and Dru massacre the W&H party, says for Lindsay and Lilah and on Buffy, Joyce just got out of surgery and Riley left.
i kinda liked that this episode was a "mostly human" one, dealing with real life while trying to deal with slayer stuff.

and i love Lorne. i do not love Cordy's haircut lol

Yeah that haircut was...a look.

That episode with Riley's ultimatum and Xander's whole condescending speech made me so mad, but this was still me at the end:

dingdong.gif

With that dead weight gone, the season really starts getting good, imo.

for the record, after Cordy, Wes and Gunn did karaoke and are sitting around the table and Lorne comes up, i just want to say how much swag he had. I was so occupied with paying attention to him and what he was saying, while casually removing his jacket, that it was so smooth how he was just ready for Cordy's vision and had the jacket as a pillow behind her. i feel like that was totally underappreciated but it might be one of, if not the scene i remember most from that ep

I wasn't into Angel TV show for most of its run and only saw random episodes here and there sporadically - I remember hating the few of the Connor character episodes I saw especially - until Season 5 when it picked up Spike from BtVS. Even on some internet boards back then I remember reading people were worried speculating or confused as to why Charisma Carpenter's character was (mis)handled the way she was - some just blaming pregnancy - but some relented when she reappeared in Season 5 briefly. So that's always been something in the back of the minds of show fans for a long time I'm sure, it stuck with me who really was late to the party. And Charisma says today it was an ugly, bullying, malicious, and a toxic environment on Whedon's part

Just because someone is good at their job doesn't make them a good person. And it's been accused many times now that Whedon is bad at the non-public facing portion of his job: dealing with other talent. To say nothing else of what his ex-wife alleges.

Last edited:
What Charisma revealed before this was bad but this definitely drives it home. It does suck to hear that my favorite show had such issues bts and how much of a tyrant Joss was bts. But it does seem that Joss was the common demoninator in the drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"