Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

Beck has been one of the most consistent composers around and I'm glad Marvel snatched him up.

Thomas Wander only seems to work on films with Emmerich.

He doesn't go by Wanker anymore? Maybe that's why we don't see his name in credits now.

I saw the Dom Purcell news in regards Legends of Tomorrow and noticed the show will be getting an 8th season? The Flash likely also.

I don't know why this hit me all of a sudden but it's quite surreal seeing such shows pass Buffy in seasons. So many shows outstay their welcome these days it's crazy that back then, 7 seasons of Buffy seemed more than enough.

I saw the Dom Purcell news in regards Legends of Tomorrow and noticed the show will be getting an 8th season? The Flash likely also.

I don't know why this hit me all of a sudden but it's quite surreal seeing such shows pass Buffy in seasons. So many shows outstay their welcome these days it's crazy that back then, 7 seasons of Buffy seemed more than enough.

Legends is getting a 7th season. They havent been renewed for S8 yet.

But TheCW has totally different goals compared to TheWB/UPN back then when renewals were more serious. Also has to do with the actors willing to stick around. SMG and JW both were ready to leave even though UPN was more than willing to renew the show for an 8th season.

I’ve been catching up on Buffy and Angel and my next episode is The Body. I may have to take a break for a while. I’m not sure I’m ready for this episode yet.
I think that's a very good call, CC.

I’ve been catching up on Buffy and Angel and my next episode is The Body. I may have to take a break for a while. I’m not sure I’m ready for this episode yet.

Totally understandable. The Body is such a great episode and arguably the best of Buffy's entire run but it's emotionally draining.

Look at shows from the 60s/70s seemed every show lasted 5-9 seasons even if they were pure crap.

I'm glad we never got to the point where characters like Willow, Xander, and Giles would all be gone and replaced. (You could already kind of see it happening in the final season) At the time when it was airing I wanted as many seasons of Buffy as possible, but yeah if you look at what happened to other shows, it was the right decision.

Look at shows from the 60s/70s seemed every show lasted 5-9 seasons even if they were pure crap.

It was a fundamentally different market. Less competition, and less potential for competition. Also, everything operated at a slower speed, so even the decision to actually cancel a show might take longer ( and getting a new replacement up and running likewise ).

Totally understandable. The Body is such a great episode and arguably the best of Buffy's entire run but it's emotionally draining.

I showed a flatmate that episode once. I'm not sure how or why it came up, but I regretted it after. She can't have known what she was in for, bless her.

I was very impressed with “The Body” when I first saw it. But after a few rewatches… I think Anya’s emotional “I don’t understand death” speech was a tad overwrought. Also: I thought it would have been quite bold for the episode to have zero vampires in it. But a token one got slayed at the very end. On the DVD commentary, Whedon explained the decision. But I didn’t find him especially convincing.

Still, overall, quite excellent.

Yeah Anya's speech feels a little too much like a speech. Caulfield sells it though. Hard not to be a little heartbroken by her despair and confusion.

I'm not sure on the vampire. I get the idea. It doesn't ruin the episode. I don't think it was essential. Would have taken another scene between any of the characters over it probably, but maybe it serves a function as a reprieve from quiet, suffocating grief.

I kinda wish they gave Xander more to do in the later seasons. His role def dried up since college began and he wasn't there.

I'm trying to think back to my childhood and figure out if Buffy was Young Adult? Like I know there are aspects of it there, but the show was so much more than that I think.

Like if I compare it to the dreaded CW shows of today I think there's no question that Buffy was a far more mature show.

I'm trying to think back to my childhood and figure out if Buffy was Young Adult? Like I know there are aspects of it there, but the show was so much more than that I think.

Like if I compare it to the dreaded CW shows of today I think there's no question that Buffy was a far more mature show.

It more or less is I suppose. Buffy pre-dated popular usage of the term but it has some of the tropes. It kind of grows up with the audience to some level (though season 6 gets way too adult imo).

It more or less is I suppose. Buffy pre-dated popular usage of the term but it has some of the tropes. It kind of grows up with the audience to some level (though season 6 gets way too adult imo).

i'm not there yet but i can definitely agree that it feels like it is growing with the audience. i am still on Season 5. I am still not ready to watch The Body yet. i feel like i'm doing a little better and might be able to watch it soon-ish, but i'm still having difficulty grieving my own mother so i think I need to wait a little longer

As one of the ones who was watching it when it originally aired (and was going through the same grades in High School at the same time Buffy was), yeah - I'd say that the show *started out* Young Adult but as it progressed it "aged out" of the genre (so to speak) as Buffy herself moved past High School and into adult life.
i'm not there yet but i can definitely agree that it feels like it is growing with the audience. i am still on Season 5. I am still not ready to watch The Body yet. i feel like i'm doing a little better and might be able to watch it soon-ish, but i'm still having difficulty grieving my own mother so i think I need to wait a little longer
I'm in the same boat. For me - I honestly don't know if I'll ever be ready to watch The Body again.

Buffy star Nicholas Brendon busted for prescription drug fraud - JoBlo

buffy-star-nicholas-brendon-arrested-prescription-drug-fraud-1024x510.jpg

:(

yikes. and he looks rough. i hope he can find the help he needs. and fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"