Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

I think there can be a balance to Charisma coming forward and it being preferable for the other actors, if they witnesses it or experienced anything themselves, for them to come forward. She's going public so it's ideal that others publically support her so she isn't alone.

But demanding everyone else come forward right now or else we get to harass them and speculate about how terrible they were until they prove otherwise is pretty gross. Like Boreanaz's public support means as much as his private support, if not more so, but maybe give him more than a few days before jumping on the "all the white men are perverts and in it together" bandwagon that took off like less than 24 hours after her initial post.

I do like to indulge in a quote search and can get carried away speculating, but I think we're good if we're just talking here and not pestering the actual people involved.

man this is such a sad thing to read the past few pages

those following me in the thread know i saw Angel in its original run and am now watching Buffy for the first time (on S5 fwiw). Cordelia was my favorite character on Angel and seeing her from Buffy to Angel and how she grew into the character I already liked made me enjoy the character even more. I didn't like what they did with her in later seasons but now that I know all this behind the scenes stuff, it really makes me sad.

I got into Firefly through the Hype TV club and really enjoyed that show. I know Whedon has a thing for killing off strong female characters and I'd heard many times that if there was another Season, that he was going to kill off Inara, who was one of my favorites on that show (i mean, i pretty much liked all the characters on that show). I know that some actors and actresses have been on multiple of his projects, like Zoe was Jasmine on Angel, I know Nathan Fillion will be on a season of Buffy eventually etc. i'm curious if any of those actors will speak out.

man this is such a sad thing to read the past few pages

those following me in the thread know i saw Angel in its original run and am now watching Buffy for the first time (on S5 fwiw). Cordelia was my favorite character on Angel and seeing her from Buffy to Angel and how she grew into the character I already liked made me enjoy the character even more. I didn't like what they did with her in later seasons but now that I know all this behind the scenes stuff, it really makes me sad.

I got into Firefly through the Hype TV club and really enjoyed that show. I know Whedon has a thing for killing off strong female characters and I'd heard many times that if there was another Season, that he was going to kill off Inara, who was one of my favorites on that show (i mean, i pretty much liked all the characters on that show). I know that some actors and actresses have been on multiple of his projects, like Zoe was Jasmine on Angel, I know Nathan Fillion will be on a season of Buffy eventually etc. i'm curious if any of those actors will speak out.

The actor he worked with on Dollhouse and who is in Snyders JL spoke out. Harry lennix

I wasn’t there during the time in question. I am sorry that anybody had to experience what it was that was described. Obviously, there’s one side of the story that we’ve heard. I don’t know that Joss has made any comments. As you point out, I worked with Joss fairly closely for a couple of years there. I didn’t see that behavior, and at the same time, as an actor, my heart goes out to anybody that had to endure that kind of treatment. We get treated as a second-class citizens frequently. But I did not see it, and I would be curious as to what [Joss’s] response to this has been.

I just hope everybody can move on with their lives, to be honest with you. As a former seminarian, and as somebody who has made mistakes, I’ve been on either side of that equation. Directors sometimes are insensitive to the needs or the feelings of actors, and sometimes actors are needy, and sometimes they are oversensitive. I know I can be. So that said, I hope whatever it was that happened, that people could move on, and — outside of some unforgivable thing — that people can forgive, not just each other, but forgive themselves. To say, “Look, I may have made this mistake in the past, now I know better, and I’m going to do better.” This was a different time. What was tolerable, five years ago, a year ago, is no longer, and we have to adapt to that. I think there’s some of that going on, that this is generational in some way. I know that Ray has it in himself to be better because of this, to be stronger, to have survived it. And I also hope that Joss can, too, that he can survive it, be the writer and creator that that he is and we can all be better because of it.

You’re looking at this with more empathy than I would say many observers have in light of what Ray has alleged, and what actors on “Angel” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” alleged about Joss on Wednesday. Were you experiences with Joss purely professional?
Yes. Utterly professional. I didn’t see any of that kind of behavior that I’m hearing about. But I’m in a different place. That kind of thing is not likely to happen to me, just cause I’m a big Black guy from the South Side of Chicago, that people are a little more circumspect in however they might think about treating me or talking to me. I think maybe we should give [Joss] another chance to respond, to see what his side of the story is. Not minimizing anybody’s story, not minimizing the experiences others had in any way. But I believe that we must learn to reconcile. And we must learn to move on.
'Justice League': Harry Lennix on Martian Manhunter, Joss Whedon - Variety

Will have to pay closer attention to the development of the characters but I'm struggling to keep up! It was one of my fav shows when I was a teenager, not so much now.

Not much new information.

Michelle - set was very adult, her mom wasn't a fan of the adult atmosphere for a child. Whedon seemingly spoke to her as he spoke to everyone else which of course is an issue.

Charisma - she was "forced" on the show, was late at times, Whedon wasn't a fan of her acting but writers loved writering for her. I guess he became a fan by making her the female lead on Angel but the relationship soured again.

Funny...upon recent rewatch I thought Charisma was of the better actors in Season 1.

As an aside, just seen on Buffy reddit that David Boreanez played The Master in the Season 2 opener. Completely passed me by until now. I'm sure it was all innocent enough as they needed someone to do it on the cheap but interesting enough anyway given where Angel went over the course of Season 2.

With Paramount/Nickelodeon doing an entire "studio" just for Avatar...I am even more bitter at not only Joss but Fox/Disney for not giving us proper Buffy content that we deserve. Such a rich universe that only gets love in comics.

I might take the plunge finally and start reading the comics but some of the stuff I've read about the storylines is.....yeah. Dawn and Xander like? Damn.

I have heard they are good though in the main.

I might take the plunge finally and start reading the comics but some of the stuff I've read about the storylines is.....yeah. Dawn and Xander like? Damn.

I have heard they are good though in the main.

Started out interesting then went downhill and over the top then rebounded but I stopped putting time into them. Not having a "budget" made everything much less interesting and way to over the top.

The reboot....I wanted to like but they are rushed as hell and I dont agree with the changes they made.

I did not enjoy the Buffy comics but I thought 'Angel: After The Fall' was an interesting enough story. It's about 17 issues with some extra things to check out if you like it. And it's not written by Whedon, so it has that going for it.

Not much new information.

Michelle - set was very adult, her mom wasn't a fan of the adult atmosphere for a child. Whedon seemingly spoke to her as he spoke to everyone else which of course is an issue.

Charisma - she was "forced" on the show, was late at times, Whedon wasn't a fan of her acting but writers loved writering for her. I guess he became a fan by making her the female lead on Angel but the relationship soured again.

David Greenwalt was a huge Cordy fan. He was the one who wanted her for Angel. Then he left after season 3. I wish Cordelia was real because she would have kicked Whedon's arse for being a petty bully in such a powerful position.

It's somewhat relieving that he was seemingly too vulgar for a young lady's presence and not a total creep. Not what I'd call a victory but hey it is something.

If Buffy is revived for some kind of reboot the first major villain has to be a fake feminist who preaches equality but is really evil.

The more you learn about Joss, the more he sounds like Caleb. Just without the religion.

Started out interesting then went downhill and over the top then rebounded but I stopped putting time into them. Not having a "budget" made everything much less interesting and way to over the top.

The reboot....I wanted to like but they are rushed as hell and I dont agree with the changes they made.
I believe Dracula appears, does he have a decent run of appearances?

I'm still trying to recover from his appearance in the show.

Funny...upon recent rewatch I thought Charisma was of the better actors in Season 1.
Same here. I know a lot of people say that Cordelia “improved” after a few seasons but for me, Charisma made her really likeable right from the start even when she was supposed to be a fairly one-note bully/dumb high school girl. Her and SMG were at the top for me. Nicholas Brendon and even Alyson Hannigan were really not doing a good job in the early episodes IMO.

Well this is sweet. A Buffy youtube reactor getting a friendly message from none other than James Marsters.

James really does look younger with blonde hair and for pushing 60, he's aged very well.

Did my annual "Check in on the Buffy Reboot comicverse" and oy vey....why does this franchise have such bad luck?

After being turned killed by Drusilla, vamped by Spike, given half of Willows soul, losing Willows soul and becoming the big bad, Xander Harris finally met his end after battling Faith the Vampire Slayer and Kendra the Vampire Slayer.

Will then opens a portal to alternate realities. Im guessing they'll bring in some version of Xander back

All of this and I'm pretty sure they are still in their Sophomore year. Maybe junior.

Did my annual "Check in on the Buffy Reboot comicverse" and oy vey....why does this franchise have such bad luck?

After being turned killed by Drusilla, vamped by Spike, given half of Willows soul, losing Willows soul and becoming the big bad, Xander Harris finally met his end after battling Faith the Vampire Slayer and Kendra the Vampire Slayer.

Will then opens a portal to alternate realities. Im guessing they'll bring in some version of Xander back

All of this and I'm pretty sure they are still in their Sophomore year. Maybe junior.

Yeah been reading up on the whole Buffy Reboot Moderned Universe and it mostly hurts my head. I get it to be different from the Original Prime Universe but sometimes you can go too far, it’s like how the Marvel Ultimate Universe and mostly The Ultimates just changed for the sake of change and to be more “gritty”....

It’s a shame what they did to Xander in the Reboot Universe, I feel bad for him, he was always my fave character even with his faults.

I’m surprised the Reboot or Prime Universe hasn’t brought back Pike, I always felt there was a well of storyline potential with him.

I’m interested to see how this Multiverse aka BuffyVerse goes but I feel everyone has a Verse nowadays just feel redundant...

I regularly suspect that somebody hates Xander. Now, granted, there are some good reasons to hate Xander in the later seasons especially, but. . . that's true for everyone on the show, and the addition of those reasons arguably just pushes back and up the "someone hates Xander" origination. ;)

Christophe Beck, the composer behind Buffy, has gone onto bigger things like Ant-Man, WandaVision and Frozen. But what about Thomas Wanker, another of Buffy's prominent composers? He seems to have faded into obscurity since then. I don't really see his name on anything now.

Christophe Beck, the composer behind Buffy, has gone onto bigger things like Ant-Man, WandaVision and Frozen. But what about Thomas Wanker, another of Buffy's prominent composers? He seems to have faded into obscurity since then. I don't really see his name on anything now.

Beck has been one of the most consistent composers around and I'm glad Marvel snatched him up.

Thomas Wander only seems to work on films with Emmerich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"