Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2015.

1. henzINNIT Registered

The guy has been an absolute mess for a while. The prescription fraud is bad enough, but he implicated his twin brother in this by forging his identity too. Yeesh. Sad to see.

2. ComicChick I Work Too Much

totally forgot he had a twin

3. DarkShadow10 Hotdog

4. Kev4000 Registered

I really feel sad to see him in this condition..

5. batdude Registered

Yeah, it's sad. dude needs to get his act together.

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Addiction isn't always easy to get together. He's rebounded and relapsed multiple times.

TheFuture likes this.
  7. obredaan Registered

Spike and Lex Luthor sat down to have a little discussion.

8. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

I rewatched season 5 and now I’m on the season 6 premiere two parter and I feel so damn sad for Buffybot.

Felt more for her than I ever did for Xander.

#root, Sithborg and flickchick85 like this.
  9. henzINNIT Registered

It's kind of crazy that Warren wasn't already exceedingly weathly. Guy made bloody robots, that were both completely life-like and super strong. Should have been working for Skynet.

obredaan likes this.
  10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I mean, not that crazy. Yes, he is an improbable science genius, but he also had exactly the same kind of "middle-at-best-functioning sociopath" personality traits that traditionally lead to low level comic book supervillains being low level comic book supervillains. Cashing in and cashing out would require being able to get along with other people in something at least vaguely resembling a healthy manner, at least presuming he can't find somebody like Wolfram & Hart who are fine with him being openly villainous as long as he does his job.

DarkShadow10 and henzINNIT like this.
  11. obredaan Registered

I will always feel for Xander because he clearly had an abusive father and most of his quirky and annoying traits are likely a result from the lack of love and attention from his family.

12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Interesting little tidbit about S5 of Angel. Kind of makes the whole Charisma thing even worse if she was shelved to make way for James.

13. henzINNIT Registered

We knew this already though right? There were mandates to get season 5 made, which included adding Spike to the main cast and cutting the budget. The bit about Marsters haggling his fee and feeling partially responsible is new to me though. That's a bummer, but he shouldn't feel bad. He couldn't have known the ripple effect, nor was he the person making the decisions.

Marsters said in that Angel reunion a couple of years back that he owes Charisma Carpenter his career in many ways. Spike was made a series regular on both shows to replace Cordelia.

14. henzINNIT Registered

So Joss Whedon has given his first interview after disappearing:

The Undoing of Joss Whedon

I found some catharthis in finally hearing a response. He's done himself no favours though.

15. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Has Amber Benson said anything about Whedon since the skeletons fell out of his closet?

It’s just me making an observation, nothing that has been stated, but I wonder if things went sideways between she and Joss considering the way Tara was killed off.

Maybe she rebuffed him.

16. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

If i remember correctly, she like most of the cast spoke out how toxic it was on set with Whedon last year, but nothing much more.

Wouldnt surprise me if the petty clown killed Tara like he did because she did something that pissed him off.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  17. Filmfreak Registered

Why her, though? He's killed plenty of characters like that over the years.

18. henzINNIT Registered

Tara's death always felt like a planned creative decision to me. A bad one that has aged poorly, but it was an important catalyst in the over-season-long Willow villain story.

flickchick85 likes this.
  19. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I don't think Tara's death was any type of revenge, it was something that involved Marti Nixon as well. Not to mention something that Whedon was wanting to do since 1x01. Willow was supposed to go Dark Willow in s5 over Tara and they pushed it back.

Charismas storyline was a clear rebuttal to what was happening off screen and its very clear on screen. If Ambers was similar, we would've known.

We are in a place where everything is being dissected and turned into a glorified gossip magazine lol.

The Buffy cast definitely had toxic moments but even SMG was annoyed that Whedon wasn't dedicating as much time to the show as he did in the past by the time they got to s6. It seemed very yoyo, when it was good it was great and when Joss was in a mood it was horrible.

20. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I feel that Xander's ****ty attitude towards Buffy's choices take on a whole new element after Joss' mental gymnastics here.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  21. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Everything makes sense now.

Also wondering how much of Joss was Caleb.

#1321 Shinobi Shaw, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  22. Sithborg Registered

Xander was Whedon's self insert character. Whedon had always told us who he was. See also Dollhouse. And I can definitely tell who it was in The Nevers, and thank ****ing god he was fired before he fully did what he does on that show.

Matt.S99, #root and flickchick85 like this.
  23. obredaan Registered

Well now it feels a little ironic that Caleb stabbed Xander in the eye.

24. Teelie Jokerface

For all the progress he has made there he still isn't taking full accountability.

He takes some blame, yes, but then he almost immediately deflects it and says Synder is behind Ray Fisher (whom he calls a literal and figurative bad actor) and Gal Gadot (whose first langauge is not English, therefore she misunderstood) or that he was actually the nicest showrunner in Hollywood or that his wife lied about him even as she was telling the truth. He says other accusations are lies or he doesn't remember certain events the same way as someone else did who must be remembering it wrong, instead of his remembering it wrong, being the one in power and gaslighting himself to be a victim, again.

25. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Progress? The guy is a dick in the extreme, he hasn't rehabilitated himself in any way.